Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hi Guys!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:  Hi Guys!
Subject description: What did I miss?!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Years have it? A lot has been happening in my life the past couple of years and there's much more to come. In a nut shell, I'm fully employed and will be soon training to become a business owner in the future, I'm now happily married, and I'm back to mapping... sorta!

It's more of a hobby kind of thing so I can't be a map factory like before, but it's still something that I enjoy doing every now and then. Firepower will probably not be continued if anyone had it on their minds. I don't have any of the files from the previous versions as they disappeared or are somewhere in a sea of CD's sitting in my closet.

What have I missed? Anyone want to fill me in on what I've been missing out on?

Ah, and here's a minimap of a map I've been tinkering around on:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome back krnyoshi , you're one the first modders! O.o

well, the best new for me is OpenRA, the new engine, this emulates Tiberian sun and more cnc games!

cheers krnyoshi...  Cool

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the welcome. I remember when FinalSun first debuted in wagnerma.de, and helping with ironing out some things, but I just liked to map.  Laughing

I suppose it's been long enough to finally see some progress in my maps so I would like to share a map overview pic of what I have sans triggers and finer details (units and such)

\Edit LKO: image preview set to smaller size, to prevent huge topic width. Right click "open image" to see original scale.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the lighting looks like ingame, but the missing tunnel top and missing auto-LAT made me first think this is from the map editor.
You should really fix the auto-LAT issues on the green and blue crystal ground and the grass LAT next to the river shore.

Other than that it looks nicely detailed.
Also, welcome back. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, LKO. It's good to see that you're active in these forums. All the auto lat issues you see are from the C&C Map Renderer program. In the game itself it is all correct and proper.

It's good to be back.  Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks awesome.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, Yoshi. Still have your touch after all these years. Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, it's always nice to see old members come by.

The glow, the wonderful glow. What sort of mission will it be?

Also, 6 obelisks on one entrance? Isn't that a little excessive? #Tongue

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
You should really fix the auto-LAT issues on the green and blue crystal ground and the grass LAT next to the river shore.

the progblem is cnc maps render, super bad for ts maps....

and good work krnyoshi...

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Also, 6 obelisks on one entrance? Isn't that a little excessive? #Tongue

I can only say that you can never have enough obelisks.

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments, guys! The obelisks are intentional as I love to build bases with OP defenses. That and there is good reason for it! The map was completed as of a few days ago.

Here are some key things in this map:

1. There are 3 different ways that I designed into the map to take without taking on the front door.
2. You're very limited on tech for balancing and difficulty.
3. Your money sources are limited and will need to be watched/spent wisely.
4. Starting money sucks for reason ingame and balancing/difficulty.
5. Base building is limited in space. Build your structures wisely.
6. Nod has a tech advantage on this map so utilizing strategy will help turn the tide your way.

Play testing of the map was on Normal difficulty and it was pretty fun. The amount of money I had and was getting severely limited me on what to build. It forced me to use more infantry instead of building a swarm of titans. There are some gimmicks in the map that can catch you off guard so watch out for that!

Debating if I should make a campaign again or if I should just make a list of missions to play like Covert Operations. Going to keep the game original with minimal to no mods.

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And so another map is underway. A more urban like setting. Still got lots to do!

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o.O

beautiful!...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice use of over/under terrain and road Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update! Added some more detail to the map. Just doing trigger work for it now and then working on the AI. This map has been one that reminded me how I used to take forever to make large scale maps.  Laughing

map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.85 KB
 Viewed:  14394 Time(s)

map.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking really good!

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am reminded of how much I dislike making snow maps.

map (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  566.05 KB
 Viewed:  14016 Time(s)

map (2).jpg

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again, beautiful. Do you plan to release any of the stuff you've worked on above? The one map in-particular looks more or less complete.

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Releasing is definitely in the works. The first two maps are done as far as triggers go, but I'm just not satisfied with my AI yet.  Face palm! Once I tweak it some I should have it out to the public.

I do have a baby on the way come time August so once the little one is born I will release everything I have out to everyone whether it's done or not.

It's definitely been fun so far seeing what my brain pours out into the blank canvas.  Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the wonderfully infamous AI Triggers in mapping. I feel a little bit better about my map scripting knowing that even you struggle with it from time to time too. Razz In any case, I'll look forward to it, I've always enjoyed your work, would love to see more.

Congratulations by the way.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good. Maybe you could vary a bit with the ramps in the middle island.
The lower part seems to be repetetive.

I always liked map specific AI. It allows for enemies to fully utilize the actual terrain of the map.
Enabling global AI always felt a bit lazy Razz

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update! Got all the ice planted in the water with a couple tweaks here and there.

Aro wrote:
Yeah, the wonderfully infamous AI Triggers in mapping. I feel a little bit better about my map scripting knowing that even you struggle with it from time to time too. Razz In any case, I'll look forward to it, I've always enjoyed your work, would love to see more.

Congratulations by the way.

Yeah, I remember back in the Firepower days I would shun away from them and use random delay create team option for making computer attacks. That option was really nice if you wanted the AI to use different more than 2 teams to "flank" or create a diversion on one side while the other teams attack inside or from another side. Laughing

Thank you for the congratulations! I'm pretty excited to be a father. Smile

RP wrote:
Looks good. Maybe you could vary a bit with the ramps in the middle island.
The lower part seems to be repetetive.

I always liked map specific AI. It allows for enemies to fully utilize the actual terrain of the map.
Enabling global AI always felt a bit lazy Razz

Ah, the terraforming aspect isn't done just yet. Just wanted to "fframe" the map with cliffs before I go into the nitty gritty details. Wink I always hated using Global AI. Never used it in Firepower and never will use it on any map I make.

map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  536.38 KB
 Viewed:  13922 Time(s)

map.jpg

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And so the map slowly comes together... I'm kinda anticipating that this map will be frustrating to some when it comes time to play. I'll submit my 3 maps and get started on a few Nod maps before continuing this campaign once I finish this map.  Smile

map3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  569.29 KB
 Viewed:  13688 Time(s)

map3.jpg

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except for the left side it looks done.

krnyoshi
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heyy guys, my daughter was born on August 6th, and since then I have had no time to work on the campaign. Instead of letting the files die with my disappearance I decided to put them into a folder and throw em out there for all of you to play or check out.

Maybe another day I'll pick it up again, but maybe not. In the mean time... here you go!

TSCampaign.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TSCampaign.rar
 Filesize:  441.6 KB
 Downloaded:  21 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon