Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Juggernaut Leg anim
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:  FS Juggernaut Leg anim Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ever notice how weird the juggernaut looks when it walks around ingame? It's walking animation is all sped up compared to how the titan walks. Its doing a little shuffle when it walks. Is there any way I can reduce the speed of the walking animation thru rules editing, to make it look like its actually taking big manly strides, instead of little iddily piddlily baby steps?

It looks like the Titan has a "WalkRate=" tag, but the juggy doesn't. I think I might have done this before, but I'm going to go test this now, by adding and matching this tag to the juggy.

The mammy also doesn't have this tag.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, OK, yah, that did it. WalkRate= set to 2 made the juggy move just like the titan, lol.

I HAVE ACHIEVED GREATNESS IN FIGURING OUT THE PROBLEM MYSELF. ALL HAIL THE NEW FLESH, AND RAISE YOUR GLASSES TO A TOAST. TO THE FUTURE!

Now I just gotta see if theres a better looking graphics for the juggy kicking around somewhere on the net. For the mammoth, twisted Insurrection trumped that - their mammoth looks soooo much better than vanilla TS's mammoth MK2, and its up to scale - the size is much more realistic.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, perfect, Super Joe has made it already:

http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=26628

I'm looking for an original set of ISOs for Tiberian Sun and Firestorm, not the First Decade. I have the TFD version of TS that you can download from around the web, and it doesn't work good with the Tiberian Sun Retro mod, at least for single player.

For the GDI campaign, the before-the-mission FMV plays (showing you the philedelphia space station), but then when the first mission goes to load, I get an internal error. This is probably because of the drop ship loadout screen that TSR enables for the first mission.

For the Nod campaign, the FMVs don't play for some reason.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could just use the TS Client (run TiberianSun.exe after extracting the files and make sure to let it update before doing anything else).

To make TS Retro work with it, make sure you rename Expand02.mix to something like Expand20.mix, place it inside of the MIX directory and then extract the all of the .mix files it contains to the MIX directory as well and extract all .ini files it contains to the INI directory.
And now you should be good to go.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tl;dr: I have done that, but for some reason TSR is not syncing up properly with this new client. There are graphical bugs, and no briefing videos at least for the Nod campaign.

Heres the link to the CnC Comm center forums where I post the same results:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4334.msg37147#msg37147

- - -

I have done that.  yeah, I got Tiberian Sun retro running on both the TFD version and the new client version. I also got it running on FunkyFresh's client version.

The TFD version, skirmish works fine, but the single player campaigns at least don't start properly. The GDI campaign starts off with the cinematic of General Solomon getting pissed off at Kane, but after that, during the loading screen it crashes - I get an IE. I think its because TSR sets up the Dropship loadout screen for the first mission of GDI. So for some reason the TFD version of Tiberian Sun is not cooperating with this.

Also in the TFD version, the Nod campaign video doesn't play - I don't get to see Slavik's execution, the first mission simply loads, skipping the cutscene. For some reason, the Nod campaign in TFD is not syncing up with Retro - the videos are skipped for some reason, at least the first one is.

I would love to play this mod on your client, as the new client contains alot of restored content, such as in game videos in your sidebar? Theres one in the first Nod mission!

However, with TSR properly installed (everything in the right folders) I tried the Nod campaign. Same problem as before, the campaign movies are not playing. Theres also more errors with your client version when I try to play TSR. Sound effects are missing, and building graphics are not correct. For example, in TSR the Nod Laser turret is supposed to use a brand new image. For some reason, the laser turret is displayed as the old model/voxel/whatever, and then only half of it! All you see is the stem of the vanilla nod laser turret, the tower part. The turret part is there!

Finally, I had the most success with FunkyFresh's client. It was going great, I could watch the movies before each mission, the drop ship loadout screen worked. But I ran into a problem when I got to the 5th Nod mission. I was messing around with the rules.ini, changing tiberium values and stuff, plus I had over 5 different saved games? I heard that the more save games you have for campaign missions, the more likely you are to get an internal error, trying to reload it.

I couldn't get past the 5th mission anymore. It gave me an IE halfway thru playing it. So I try to restart the mission, and then instant IE, crash to desktop.

I've since gotten rid of Funky Fresh's client, because I wanted to try yours at the time - it is really awesome. But since I got stuck on trying to figure out why TSR aint merging properly, I went on a rampage and shit.

I've tried Funky Fresh's client again recently, but for some reason, I can't replicate the success I had with installing TSR like before.

So now, I either hunker down, study the setup of your client, because I'd prefer to get TSR working with the new client, or find an original, non TFD .ISO of tiberian sun & Firestorm, just so I can replay the campaigns with the much cooler stuff that TSR throws in. Yes, I know TSR wasn't made for campaigns, but only such that some of the buildings have been replaced, and their capture tags set to false - so some missions you can't complete since you can't capture or infiltrate the radar. Thats an easy fix on my part.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got XCC to extract all the files of TSR's expand.mix at once, and placed them into the folders in the new TS client.

Now the mod is good to go - in skirmish I can catch all those background extras, the ambient sound effects, and the new GFX actually work now for the laser turret.

Thanks, Bittah!

However, the original campaigns for GDI and Nod do not work. But the Firestorm campaigns for GDI and Nod work perfectly, movies and everything! For some reason the game this client is running as if its in firestorm only - I can't play vanilla campaigns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon