Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Build bug
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
test7878
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:  Build bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry my english is very poor. Sad

I do not know the BUG which version beginning....
Now version still have a chance happen.

Sometimes can't built around building (often)

Sometimes can build anywhere (low probability)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is completely bizarre! We'll look into this and see if we can find what's causing it. Thank you for reporting.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? Surprised
That is really strange.

It reminds me a bit on the strange issue TI had long ago, where multiple buildings could be placed over each other. IIRC it was due to a missing HVA.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
What? Surprised
That is really strange.

It reminds me a bit on the strange issue TI had long ago, where multiple buildings could be placed over each other. IIRC it was due to a missing HVA.

That one time I was able to put a Power Plant, Fist of Nod, Obelisk, SAM Site and Hand of Nod on the same place before the game decided I had enough fun and crashed? #Tongue

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How big are the maps?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map in the first screenshot (which is Version 0.40) is Fortification, which is: 150x120

The map in the second screenshot (an older version, either Public Beta 5 or Version 0.39) is Deadwinter Invasion, which is: 95x96

I've seen the first problem happen a couple of times before, it seems to be completely random as to when it happens and what structures it effects. It's not consistent, but has happened to me a number of times in the past during online games. It's absolutely mind boggling.  Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like some strange "index out of bounds" or "buffer overflow" issue, where the building or the terrain is malfunctioning.
Maybe too many terrain tiles or buildings? (or some other objectlist)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

I've seen the first problem happen a couple of times before...

I have seen this happening in the orginal TS as well as Yuri's Revenge... I assume it is an issue with the engine?

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri's revenge was built directly on top of Tiberian sun sun it could be anything.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True but it still narrows down the options (things exclusively added into TI are not the problem (might be for the 2nd bug though!))

Willy Dingus
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I been Having this problem also after I edited the AI. For some reason when I make a TaskForce with Engineers and when the AI creates the team the glitch starts. I also think it is caused by the AI building a taskforce with hijacker infantry and regular infantry together in an APC.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not another bridge-issue #Cussing out I've only experienced the first problem myself, and only on the latest versions. Isn't it usually followed by a crash? At least I recall my game freezing/crashing some time after the problem occured.

Willy Dingus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does TI have any Taskforces using The Machinist? Does the AI use the Machinist to hijack tanks? What if it is being caused by Engineer=yes and VehicleThief=yes being used together or it might be the AITriggerType for that taskforce or the script.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum