Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tankswar Map!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jetzo2
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:  Tankswar Map!
Subject description: Tanks!!! TANKS EVERYWHERE MAM! HELP!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well as you can see the map name tells it all! Took me to make like 1 hour
including editing and stuff if something goes wrong

Very simple! just make tanks and attack

Adding crates = more fun!

Factories hp --> 10000 HP

ENJOY! Smile

Tankswar.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Tankswar.zip
 Filesize:  9.94 KB
 Downloaded:  99 Time(s)

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try not to be rude, but isn't every RA2 game all about the tank mass, all the time?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't call this a "map" when it has no terrain and no details at all.

Special/new gameplay logics are nice, but they should be also packed inside some nice terrain and the map pleasing for the eye. Especially when making such a testground available for public download, it shouldn't be only a 5min job.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jetzo2
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I'll try not to be rude, but isn't every RA2 game all about the tank mass, all the time?

well my friend , this is a quick tank mass In a small map , with crates
and a soviet tank cost [300$]
and a allies tank cost half [150$]

Plus! the construction yard as you can see in the picture doesnt have buildings + you got only 4 engineers

and don't tell me about selling construction yards for more engineers because i disabled that.

thanks for not being rude.

Last edited by Jetzo2 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jetzo2
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I wouldn't call this a "map" when it has no terrain and no details at all.

Special/new gameplay logics are nice, but they should be also packed inside some nice terrain and pleasing for the eye. Especially when making such a testground available for public download, it shouldn't be only a 5min job.

ahhh? no? it was only made for fun , not for details and such
and this is moon land , what kind of terrain do you expect to be on it? huh? [sorry but i think you didnt played this with someone so dont judge]

EDIT : what you want me to add Lunar Lander? want me to raise grounds and lower them? causing a unbalanced floor? to make game unbalanced?
even so i prefer soft ground, not to focus on every spot of raising grounds to make it balanced

0 downloads? what a surprise.

LAST EDIT #Tongue : You are actually 100% right about saying its not a map haha Smile

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm voting for spotlight. It's obvious that he put a lot of effort into this map, he even spent one hour figuring out how to press File -> New!

Okay Jetzo2, to be more serious. Almost anyone at PPM can make such gameplay INI edits in a minute. When you post a map here, people are expecting to see.. a map, a carefully crafted and detailed battlefield with a good layout for balanced and fun gameplay. Here's one example. Anyone could re-create your "map" in less than a minute by doing File -> New in FinalAlert and applying a bunch of INI edits into it.

Jetzo2
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
I'm voting for spotlight. It's obvious that he put a lot of effort into this map, he even spent one hour figuring out how to press File -> New!

Okay Jetzo2, to be more serious. Almost anyone at PPM can make such gameplay INI edits in a minute. When you post a map here, people are expecting to see.. a map, a carefully crafted and detailed battlefield with a good layout for balanced and fun gameplay. Here's one example. Anyone could re-create your "map" in less than a minute by doing File -> New in FinalAlert and applying a bunch of INI edits into it.

well im only trying ideas and i dont want my maps to make them look fabulous and has a good terrain unless the map that i want it to have good terrain
Im a share person , i dont care if its the best map of all! or the worst i just want to share [something wrong with that?]
Well sorry for bothering you all with this topic , really sorry!

Quote:
he even spent one hour figuring out how to press File -> New!

I have no idea how to react to this! lLet's hope god in the future makes me might post a good terrain map here

I wonder where are your replies in ore map that i also put here 4 days ago [idk] or was that a good terrain map =.= <------ not that important edit. move on!

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'don't want to stand between the hammer and the amboss, but wasn't those replies what I tryed to avoid??

The guy just shared what he has made. True is that it is light years away from the map shown in the link, but even I didn't got so harsh replies on my voxels and I am sure they are light years away from "eye joy".

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but really, if you made your own voxels, you likely at least put some effort into them. This creation is simply an empty map with INI edits, so when it comes to mapping, there's no effort at all. It's more like a game mode (in the form of a map file) instead of a map.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I think the audience here is wrong for this type of map.

Much like those rock maps you see on youtube for RA1 and TS e.g.

Meanwhile I would say 90% of people visiting a specific forum for modding have an idea of how to do simple edits or understand how modding works so adding stuff like

[GAWEAP]
Strength=10000

[NAWEAP]
Strength=10000

[HTNK]
Cost=300

[MTNK]
Cost=150

Is child's play for many of us. Also since many of us have mods, this type of mod would conflict with current design / function of our games.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a nice experiment/proof of concept, but lacks detail. I too am trying new things with INI editing, including TechLevel and Prerequisite.

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon