Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Version 0.4.5 Feedback
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:  Version 0.4.5 Feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just started playing the newest version last week, and I do have to say, the development team has done a great job. I really liked the new multiplayer maps, and the Globotech campaign is something that I will be looking forward to seeing more of in the future. Also, I really liked the inclusion of Forgotten in some of the multiplayer maps, and curious if they will appear in any future campaigns or challenge missions as well.

Now for some minor feedback:
1. For some reason, every time I open up he launcher menu, it always gives me an option for "Custom Component Modules Updates". As far as I can see, it doesn't seem to be doing anything (no download), and will just open up the settings menu.

2. I don't think I can load any games at all in this version. I tried playing around with windowed mode, and different settings for renderer, but every time I do try to load the saved game (either from the menu or ingame), the main executable file crashes.

3. Some of the maps have veinhole monster which ends up growing over a very large area, and will end up reaching player locations. Its not a big deal when playing against human players, but with computer player, they don't make any effort to destroy it even when their base is endangered. For example, on "Heart of Darkness", the player 1's base got destroyed this way about 10min into the game.

4. As far as I can tell, the Obelisk of Light is way too OP in Twisted Dawn mode, especially against GDI. Their MRLS does not outrange it, and will get killed in one shot. The only option is to spam tanks, but they only have max limit of 5 Mammoth Tanks, and since AI builds Obelisks everywhere, their bases are very hard to kill. Playing Nod against GDI is much easier since their artillery and SSM will outrange GDI's RPG tower.

5. Not sure if intentional, but is there a reason why there are build limits for last tier units in Twisted Dawn mode (Mammoth, SSM, A-10), but not in the Timeless Insurrection?

6. Speaking of modes, what is the exact difference between Timeless Insurrection and Ultimate Insurrection modes? I thought that the latter would have all the units from both sides available, but as far as I see, its basically same as Timeless Insurrection for me.

7. I like the idea of Timeless Insurrection with all the units for one side available, but the AI never uses any of the old units at all. Are there any plans to make that happen in the future?

8. The sniper seem to be OP when playing on Meat Grinder mode, especially against GDI. Maybe he can use a tweak later on?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Version 0.4.5 Feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sharpshooter wrote:

2. I don't think I can load any games at all in this version. I tried playing around with windowed mode, and different settings for renderer, but every time I do try to load the saved game (either from the menu or ingame), the main executable file crashes.

Please clarify are those saves made in this version or older version saves?

Older version saves are broken no doubt since GT support was hacked in and this makes previous version saves most certainly incompatible now. My quick tests work fine with saving using current version and loading said save.

3) Well, AI is dumb you know (we can't make AI kill it...), not much can be done about it other than adjust the map(s).

as for 4) Tiberian Dawn Obelisk of light always outranged anything else including MRLS unlike GDI's AGT.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 0.4.5 Feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:

Please clarify are those saves made in this version or older version saves?

Older version saves are broken no doubt since GT support was hacked in and this makes previous version saves most certainly incompatible now. My quick tests work fine with saving using current version and loading said save.

3) Well, AI is dumb you know (we can't make AI kill it...), not much can be done about it other than adjust the map(s).

as for 4) Tiberian Dawn Obelisk of light always outranged anything else including MRLS unlike GDI's AGT.

2) Yes, its the most current version, I tried doing it with a few multiplayer maps and it would always crash when loaded. I attached one of my saved games at the end.

3) The weird thing is, that on some maps AI does kill them, but not on others. I guess best thing would be to limit the spreading of veinhole monster growing range?

4) Fair enough: although this gives Nod players a pretty big advantage when defending their base. Plus since AI spams obelisks, they're very hard to kill without artillery and air support, where the former does not exist in Twisted Dawn mode and latter is easily blocked by AI's spamming SAM sites.

SAVE0029.SAV
 Description:
Loading this doesn't work for me.

Download
 Filename:  SAVE0029.SAV
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Downloaded:  10 Time(s)

Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just for the record, my previous version saves are still working, although GDI mission saves invariably have the CABAL interface and speech instead of EVA.  But they work!

Oh, and Sharpshooter?  If you haven't yet solved issue one, you need to open the settings menu as it prompts you, then click the "components" tab in the top right.  There's only one component in this sub-menu, and you should see a big fat "update" button by it.  Click that.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wayward Winds wrote:
Just for the record, my previous version saves are still working, although GDI mission saves invariably have the CABAL interface and speech instead of EVA.  But they work!

Oh, and Sharpshooter?  If you haven't yet solved issue one, you need to open the settings menu as it prompts you, then click the "components" tab in the top right.  There's only one component in this sub-menu, and you should see a big fat "update" button by it.  Click that.

Thanks, I did that and there's no prompt for updates anymore. I still can't load saved games though.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Version 0.4.5 Feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sharpshooter wrote:

2) Yes, its the most current version, I tried doing it with a few multiplayer maps and it would always crash when loaded. I attached one of my saved games at the end.

3) The weird thing is, that on some maps AI does kill them, but not on others. I guess best thing would be to limit the spreading of veinhole monster growing range?

4) Fair enough: although this gives Nod players a pretty big advantage when defending their base. Plus since AI spams obelisks, they're very hard to kill without artillery and air support, where the former does not exist in Twisted Dawn mode and latter is easily blocked by AI's spamming SAM sites.

2) Your save loads just fine for me (GDI 6) and my tests on saving skirmish matches  work without issue so far, of course I use exclusively ingame load option but launcher menu seems work too. Would need more info... what windows version etc as it looks like system specific issue now. Do you use compatibility settings for the game.exe perhaps or none? Also does saves in Dawn of Tiberium Age work for you or same issue?

3) It likely depends on how close to vein mouth AI units/stuff was that got attacked. If plain veins that spreaded far attack, the AI may not retaliate the source at all. Perhaps, not much can be done about it in general.

4) In TD, you hardly ever massed vehicles against obelisks as it was too costly, be it arty or not and against AGT you would not spam infantry... Infantry spam was more effective keeping Obelisks occupied in general (slow recharge...) but flame throwers is bound to make this tricky. Changing this to lesser range Obelisk kinda makes it untruthful to original while sure would shore this advantage issue as Nod was sucky unit armor and superior armor defense while GDI was superior unit armor but more sucky armor defense.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Version 0.4.5 Feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:

2) Your save loads just fine for me (GDI 6) and my tests on saving skirmish matches  work without issue so far, of course I use exclusively ingame load option but launcher menu seems work too. Would need more info... what windows version etc as it looks like system specific issue now. Do you use compatibility settings for the game.exe perhaps or none? Also does saves in Dawn of Tiberium Age work for you or same issue?

3) It likely depends on how close to vein mouth AI units/stuff was that got attacked. If plain veins that spreaded far attack, the AI may not retaliate the source at all. Perhaps, not much can be done about it in general.

4) In TD, you hardly ever massed vehicles against obelisks as it was too costly, be it arty or not and against AGT you would not spam infantry... Infantry spam was more effective keeping Obelisks occupied in general (slow recharge...) but flame throwers is bound to make this tricky. Changing this to lesser range Obelisk kinda makes it untruthful to original while sure would shore this advantage issue as Nod was sucky unit armor and superior armor defense while GDI was superior unit armor but more sucky armor defense.

2) Dell XPS-13 with Windows 10, home edition with Intel (R) Core i5-5200U CPU. Don't use any compatibility settings. The issue is specific to Twisted Insurrection, DTA works fine.

3) Yeah, that seems to be main issue, veins grow for like 10min and then slowly kill AI's base. AI is too stupid to realize its slowly getting killed and then by the time you get to them, veins did everything for you. I was thinking just limiting the growing radius so that they don't reach player starting locations.

4) Its bit complicated since there's no equivalent to siege infantry/mole artillery in the Twisted Dawn mode. In DTA each side has an artillery unit that  outranges all the base defenses which can be a solution, but doing so in Twisted Dawn would not be faithful to the original.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler (click here to read it):

Broke the train somehow  Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum