Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some thoughts going into the next version of TI
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:  Some thoughts going into the next version of TI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been replaying using 0.4.6 the last week or so, and having a great time getting re-acquainted with everything.   I have some scattered thoughts and questions about the future direction that seemed best to just consolidate into one misc. topic.

Let's get the GloboTech one out of the way first #Tongue
1.  Globotech is getting it's own campaign -- that's pretty cool.   Is it true that the side is going to be playable in skirmish/MP in the future?  If so, what does that mean for the tech structures, and how is the GT arsenal going to be changed?

2.  If the TD GDI missions are getting TI-ified -- would the Nod ones be a possibility?  Mainly because well, they won the war in this timeline, you know.
The other benefit of having the TD missions (both sets) is that these would be good "gateway drugs" for newbies to TI, because those old WW missions are simpler and have a slower ramp up on unit introduction.

3.  Are we going to see more instances like GDI 06 "Clean Slate" where existing missions are redone for whatever reason?  I know you guys are already aware that some of the missions don't necessarily sync perfectly in terms of when they happen, where they happen, equipment a side has, etc.

finally, 4. Do you guys need help with anything, and if so, maybe consider creating a page for open positions on your site?

Thanks Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey. I'm sorry for the really slow reply. I have been off modding for a while but have been back on it the past couple of weeks, thus only just getting around to coming back onto the forums. If you're still around I'll happily answer your questions.

1) GloboTech will have their own campaign, their playability in Skirmish however is undecided even within the staff section. It's something we're going to figure out when we've finished the more important aspects first. We just mainly wanted to get some form of playable GT out so a campaign seems like the way to go.

2) If you have been following the updates this past week then I'm sure they will answer your question. Wink

3) Yes, there will definitely be a lot of these instances. The fact is, the more you develop maps, the better you get at doing it, thus older maps become lackluster in comparisson to the newer versions. A lot of TI maps suffer from this problem (GDI Mission 08 is a good example of this), so maps will be remade over the course of time.

4) Such a page exists: http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=34778

Again, sorry for the slow reply, but thank you for your input. Smile

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) To be exact, GT requirement in skirmish is fan request and as starting point, that was never planned for and thats why it would mean the very questions of tech structures what to do if reverse this decision and as such decision is not made.

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the answers -- no worries on the delay  Smile

Aro, I sent you a PM regarding the small amount of contribution I can offer with everything else I have going on -- I won't be too hurt if you don't need my services  Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum