Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Beta Desert Terrain
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:  [TS] Beta Desert Terrain
Subject description: Now covering slopes, cliffs, bridges, and more!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is an almost pixel-perfect remake of the TS beta cliff set, which were noticably more brown than the cliffs in the release version. I was able to copy the beta cliff "palette" from certain sprites in the release version, such as tunnel floors and roofs, which retained the old cliff art.

Preview:

The .rar file includes all 42 regular cliff tiles, 10 ramps and 2 destroyable cliff pieces. I might do water cliffs later.

Note that to use the destroyable cliff pieces you have to replace the original ones with these, as the logic is hardcoded to a single destroyable cliff set.

If you use these in a project, please give credit where due.

EDIT: Uploaded an almost complete set. The only things missing are the dirt road slopes, monorail slopes, as well as Scrin and Kodiak wreckages. Everything else is there.

The set includes all cliff tiles, all ramps and slopes, all tunnels and bridges, and even those big rough tiles.

EDIT 2: Fixed the incorrect bit flag in most tiles.

IsoDes.mix
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IsoDes.mix
 Filesize:  2.43 MB
 Downloaded:  101 Time(s)

Last edited by Crimsonum on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:02 am; edited 4 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job. We really should have a terrain forum for stuff like this, I fear this is probably going to get lost & forgotten in the media hut Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't remember if there where beta cliffs...

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, there were:

Spoiler (click here to read it):

It might be hard to tell due to the crap quality of those pictures, but they clearly lacked the gray hue that was added later on.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work.

The set would seem complete with conversions for:
- adjoining tunnel entrances (normal and rail tracks)
- adjoining bridges
- kodiak crash part
- crystal cliffs
- water cliffs
- adjoining water caves and waterfalls

Agree with Mig Eater, that a subforum for terrain and others (that are not shp/vxl) would have been better
to put stuff like this.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I've finished the set. I had to convert all slopes as well because I discovered they didn't fit the new ramps, and I looked at the beta screenshots and noticed how they looked different there too.

Unfortunatelly I didn't bother to convert the Scrin and Kodiak wreckage tiles, they just didn't seem like worth the effort. Anyone is free to use my tiles to do it, though.

First post edited to include the expanded set. Just put the mix in your TS folder & enjoy!

EDIT: Anyone know why the slope fix doesn't work with this set? Well, it does, but it only uses one variant of each slope edge type, which causes slopes to look repetive.

SCRN0008.png
 Description:
Preview 2
 Filesize:  1.85 MB
 Viewed:  6799 Time(s)

SCRN0008.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What TMP editor are you using? Older ones set the "has damaged artwork" option to yes as default, which messes up the random selection of tiles within a set.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see, I remember reading about this before. How would I go about changing that option for the tiles? I can't seem to find a way in XCC TMP Editor (maybe I'm just blind).

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download the TMP editor here, you then have to open each of the tmp files & untick the "has damaged artwork" in the properties menu.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not only that, but curiously the individual cells of a larger tile have the property independent of each other, which means.... sigh... I have to fix hundreds upon hundreds of cells Neutral Even though having that false property doesn't seem to cause problems with tiles other than slopes and cliff corners, I'll rather fix it now than end up facing peculiar problems later.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe LKO could add a function for this to TMP Shop...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, this should be easy to add
Though you have to wait till Monday, since i don't have access to the latest version right now.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do Very Happy I considered programming a way myself but I have little to no knowledge regarding the TMP file format Neutral

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure how i feel about this change. will try it and find out. does go better with the way tundra cliffs look. brown for brown and snow for snow. i like changing everything in the game so this is a good change to test.

can someone put the graphics in a expand mix file that i can toss into tibsun directory and test. i dotn feel like getting winrar and xcc right now.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to convert the clear rocks as well, however, the game crashes with the edited TEM files. What could I've done wrong? I edited them with SHP builder and saved as TEM files. Do they need some special compression value when saving?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They dont need any special compression, they are just normal shp files with a different extension. Try saving them as a standard shp & manually renaming the extension.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i forgot to say i dont like this terrain. now i see why they changed it.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these edges need fixing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems to be the map lighting that causes the tiled appearance (the brightness difference between the upper and lower ground), not the tiles themselves.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's got a nice, different look to it. Maybe it's time to update TS: Retro #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I ever make a TS mod, which I probably will one day, this will get used.

Steam

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see you added more ripped assets.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
I see you added more ripped assets.

only the best rips  #Lil angel

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

\post with ripped assets removed

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when player messaged the cliff shadows overlapped. i was recording so im pretty sure thats what caused it since it happened right when he messages...

this a game engine bug or graphic bug?

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is on map super bridgehead. the roads on the hills are still grey terrain. this a low resolution image but its quite apparent ingame.

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.63 KB
 Viewed:  5898 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was recently reminded of this set, and finally bothered to fix any tiles that had the "HasDamagedData" flag incorrectly enabled.

Still missing the dirt road/monorail slopes, Scrin & Kodiak crashes. I may revisit this set and complete it in the future.

IsoDes.mix
 Description:
Desert theater set, fixed.

Download
 Filename:  IsoDes.mix
 Filesize:  2.43 MB
 Downloaded:  27 Time(s)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon