Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Canopy [4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject:  Canopy [4] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it is, the first map I ever created, and it's currently featured in Tiberian Sun Retro. It's a pretty good map, SMIFFGIG has informed me of one tiny bug in it with the bridges, but it's not that bad. Once it gets fixed I'll update the file. I'll also post screenshots later, right now I don't have time. There's several more maps I've made to come, this is just the first. Forgive the ancient readme file, it's from TiberiumSun.com.

Name: Canopy
Creator: FinalMoon
*Firestorm Not Required*
Map Size: 65, 115 (Medium); Taller than wide.
Players: 2-4
Theatre: Temperate
Resources: Abundant (including Tiberium Veins)
Preview:

Description: This map is very well detailed and very well designed. Each player starts on a plateau in one of the four corners of the map. The ground is covered in green tiberium and the only way to get to it is via one of the ramps at the four player's base plateaus. There are several other plateaus in the "sea" of tiberium that are covered by tiberium veins and can only be accessed via bridges from other vein plateaus and from the base plateaus. A Small river run meandering down through the middle of the map, on the "floor" and is bridged by several small bridges.
Possible Strategies: This map makes for very interesting strategies as if you send infantry out you must send them on the upper level lest they be killed in the tiberium and if you send vehicles out you must send them on the lower level, for the veins are above. If you are looking to build a second base it won't be easy. To find room for one you must destroy one
of your enemies' bases or destroy a vein hole on one of the vein plateaus. Very good play!

273_1053279636.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  273_1053279636.zip
 Filesize:  74.56 KB
 Downloaded:  942 Time(s)

Last edited by FinalMoon on Sun May 18, 2003 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah lot of tiberuim

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres the fixed version

canopy.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  canopy.mpr
 Filesize:  155.09 KB
 Downloaded:  1293 Time(s)

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good strategies. i would carryall my units across the veins etc...

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I absolutely loved this map!!! I still have it on my comp and play it in skirmish every now and then when I'm testing a modification or voxel I"m working on... I downloaded it a tumsun about 2 years ago...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tend to play my own maps when testing

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play anything, usually dueling islands...
but FM's map is very good

Skywalker
Soldier

Location: in the 41st century SE, thinking up a new chapter of my novel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Question about updating thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have any updated strategies, or do I just use the Hover MLRS and Wolverine.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not just kill a vein monster
or use an infantry... then?

Skywalker
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I have better things to do with my time than send infantry out to kill vein monsters, such as firestorming the incoming drones and missiles that they always throw at me, not to mention the banshees and orca bombers.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, use aircraft, like ORCA bombers or Banshees to kill the enemy, or if you like tanks better, the veinholes...

"Banned" RP here

Skywalker
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not like using aircraft, because they are so... stupid #Mad Just like zed1515, x-wing, or ATM* from T'umsun. It's even worse than the harvester AI Mad . I may use carryalls, though Wink .

*Ackron the Mighty should have realized that picking a name like that would make him sound like the smallest, weakest kid in his class, if not school.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well actualy you would be supprised i may be small and weak but alot of peopel who think i take shit lying down ended up with a punch squarley in their face. but i hardly see how thats relevent to this topic.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they are an important part of a battle. in Desert Storm, the aircraft may have saved many, many, many americans and other allied countries citizens..

plus, in the RA2 mission where you have to defend the Pentagon, I killed the WHOLE soviet forces in the area with a wing of 12, or so, AV8s (AKA Harriers)... I got a wing of them to FULL elite status.They can take out a ConYard in one raid... that worked...

"Banned" RP here

Skywalker
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
they are an important part of a battle. in Desert Storm, the aircraft may have saved many, many, many americans and other allied countries citizens..

plus, in the RA2 mission where you have to defend the Pentagon, I killed the WHOLE soviet forces in the area with a wing of 12, or so, AV8s (AKA Harriers)... I got a wing of them to FULL elite status.They can take out a ConYard in one raid... that worked...

This is TS, not RA2. The aircraft in the game we're talking about, supposedly, can't even reload without you babysitting them. I understand that RA2 might be different, but I have not got RA2, so I wouldn't know. This is also not real life, where the Iraqi forces didn't hava a chance*. I quote: "The hinge factor of the Gulf War was a blatant technological superiority in the first hour of the attack. After that, there was no more war, only annihilation."

PS: Sorry, Ackron, but you couldn't have gotten away for so long with that name. If it is any consolation, I am the tallest and weakest kid in my class except for Christopher Smith and Emma Moule, by five and one centimetre respectively.

*'The Hinge Factor', by Erik Durschmied. The chapter called 'The Zero Factor'

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aircraft in TS (excluding the Orca Bomber) are far more suited to killing infantry and vehicles than buildings. However, 3-4 Orca Bombers will wipe out anything you can throw at them. Also, am I the only person in this world to build more than one helipad instead of constantly swapping all the units about on the pad?

Skywalker
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Aircraft in TS (excluding the Orca Bomber) are far more suited to killing infantry and vehicles than buildings. However, 3-4 Orca Bombers will wipe out anything you can throw at them. Also, am I the only person in this world to build more than one helipad instead of constantly swapping all the units about on the pad?
I do both, Clazzy. The STUPID AI simply Ionizes the helipads for some reason. Also, why don't you or somebody else build a map like that except the lower level is all water, like I did for a Starcraft map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon