Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
alqui
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:  Avatar last airbender units Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are some Fire Natrion voxels I´ve been making. As for the tank I got help from Team Black and Dupl3xxx, so they deserve rightsa to it when it´s released.

Warship + turret
Tugboat or coal transport ship
zeppelin + bombs
hot air balloon

First to all the zep has no decorative bronze head on its nose since it looked weird, and sincer these voxels are free to be modded, edited or altered on any way you want I felt it looked better without it (it seemed to me a bit dirty ingame, but if you want the other one tell me and I will upload it).

Second I wish to thank Team Black and Dupl3xxx fort helping me out while I can´t finish some things, specially the Fire Nation Tank, wich is not included since I want to improve it. They deserve (and it will come with the voxel) rights to it for their help.

To counteract the fact I haven´t finished doing the animations I made two other´s.

All of them are free to be edited, modded and altered for use in your mods. (and some of them would look great as yuri units with a good retexture)

And finally thanks to both guys, I expect to release it soon, just I´m animating it with hva editor.

preview.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.5 KB
 Viewed:  16862 Time(s)

preview.gif

fnballoon_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.51 KB
 Viewed:  16862 Time(s)

fnballoon_000.jpg

Description:

Download
 Filename:  avatar voxels.zip
 Filesize:  157.33 KB
 Downloaded:  563 Time(s)

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks sweet so far dude =].
Put the hulls of the ships lower into the water, only slightly.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow... an Avatar mod-would be pretty cool actually #Tongue
Then again, only the Fire nation actually has any army.

Also, needs more Appa Very Happy

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh. The Zeppelin needs a bit of normal work, and the tank could use some better textures, but these are nice. I take it you got most of these from the The Day of The Black Sun episode? Maybe you should try the Earth-bender tanks or Water-Nation subs while you're at it.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gappage alert!

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice avatar you've got there Alqui!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darknessvolt, you do realise that these are units he's made inspired by "avatar; the last airbender" not actually his avatar?

alqui
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That thing of the avatar of darknessvolt It´s a joke, I think.

Last edited by alqui on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmmmm. i should actually get an avatar. also the blimp looks cool. it would be a good hero unit for the soviets in almost any mod.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alqui, darknessvolt is a n00bish idiot, just ignore him.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that is a zeppelin alright! And The thing woth 'em big wheels? I am this close to get the anim right ingame! #Tongue All I need now is my own computer with YR to get an ingame Wink

And these tanks rock! The are not spotlight-material, these are mod-material! Some things added here, some there and wolla; a new tank! Good for makeing new units!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
... there and wolla; a new tank!..

You just totally butchered the French language.

It's "voila!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try this to make your ships look a little better

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

alqui
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the tip Team Black I will do it.

As for dupl3xxx, I got the PM, go ahead and do it. Wink (!!!A BIG THANKS!!!)

And for the guy who asked for earth kingdom tank, it´s being worked on so wait some weeks and I will voxel it.

Also i will remake the zep correctly without those bad normals, just i wanted to release it before the episode were it appeared but I didn´t make it on time so i rushed one. I will voxel it again. SORRY. (and they aren´t for spotlight, they have lots of failures i want to correct, to start with the ship, i want to revamp it with that tip Team Black told here)

To finish it I want to say:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Joyeux Noël et bonne année!

See you next year Wink

Last edited by alqui on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(offtopic)
so why do you want anime in CnC IMO its not a good idea.

(ontopic)
very good voxels i like them Very Happy.

SPOTLIGHT IT.

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let Muldrake decide it.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anime has inspired the original C&C, Dubzac. The Ion Cannon, the Nod bikes are taken from Akira. Besides, the voxels look nice enough.

The zeppelin is particularly nice, the others need better texturing - more details. Also, the tank could use a HVA animation to make the wheels turn properly.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afaik Avatar isn't even an anime, it's an anime influenced American cartoon.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Offtopicness:
Elirium is right, the Avatar isn't anime, it just tries to copy it. Also why wouldn't you want to have something related to anime in a mod. Dunno, it could be used by a TC, as a easter egg, or even just for fun.

Ontopic:
This does look good, specially the fire nation tank. I hope that you'll make the fire nation gigantic drill of "the drill". And then it will just lack Appa Laughing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black, Dupl3xxx it´s official, someone is just doing the same and I send him a pm to merge both mods (he has done some infantry units, fire nation and a retextured predator tank) I offered to merge mods and work for the mod of bfme2.

The tank will be ready soon Wink

And i got access to the internet thanks to a neighbourg who allo0wed me to have a look to some internet news while in the village so this is a fast post.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm, No offence to the maker of these voxels, but am I the only one who does not like them? Confused

CnCStalker
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Erm, No offence to the maker of these voxels, but am I the only one who does not like them? Confused

I don't like them too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And they don´t say what they don´t like.

The series?

The voxelization?

The colours?

At least you could help the guy by saying what you don´t like.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The voxels, Dumbass. The whole design is just not my style.

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yo guest, most people do not talk about TV shows in a freakin thread about judging a voxel. make since?

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As they say, some people like marmite and others like peanut butter, but not both.

But that Balloon is really good.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well the stuff on the boats seem a tad too blocky, but then again the Fire Nation really does make them as purely functional industrially-made steel boxes.
And even then, the curving front is amazingly well done.

Machine wrote:
And then it will just lack Appa Laughing.

As I said... needs more Appa Very Happy

alqui
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has no merit since they were done in 3d max so it has not been hard work.

Anyway i will try to finish the tank.

As for the sub I haven´t started to model it.

Sorry for Appa, he will have to wait since I´m currently working on the mod for bfme 2 and I really need to save some time for the mod so I won´t make it for ra2. (probably will be on the mod, wathever the choose people make on the developing forums) (spanish developing forums).

Also I would like to ask the people to answer correctly and without insults, it doesn´t does good for the forums and the community. (you know how many newbies are back off when getting that kind of answer, just answer what you were meaning and why and let him go, personal attacks don´t make you a better modder and a person). I also made some silly questions when i started but anyway I learned some things, slowly but steady. Please just be nice to newbies.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work Awsome!, all good work, especially the airship voxel

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 years bump.

and btw, the airship is no good work: it has black hole syndrome, pretty bad normals and a very simple texture

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using the smaller airship in my mod and i think it looks great

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The airship doedn't have black dots, just bad normals. But you havbe to judge it for the time.
Not even VXLE was that developed.

The vessel does have some black dots. But it can be fixed.

Furthermore...

¿Was the tank never released?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!