Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tech Airport
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:  Tech Airport
Subject description: RA2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Structure series: 2 of 3.

This was another attempt at a structure that did not turn out too well.
This gave me a lot of trouble, and there are still a number of model and texture errors.

I will probably tweak it at a further date.

TechAirport_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  851.24 KB
 Viewed:  2438 Time(s)

TechAirport_01.jpg

TechAirport.gif
 Description:
6 Stage GIF
 Filesize:  2.89 MB
 Viewed:  2438 Time(s)

TechAirport.gif

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your work is always brilliant.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Du'e that's just a'some Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, it's really good and not that bad as you think.

There are only a few minor things that could be improved
-the wooden boxes are too big. Texture and design make them look like they should be actually only half the size
-the ladder outside of the tower leading up to no entrance is strange. a door or hatch should be there. Also nice would be some kind of caged ladder for such a high outdoor ladder.
the one on the left
-the flag with the tech wrench should be less stiff and more like fabric flowing in the wind (would be also a nice anim)
-since you gave it an interior, the windows should be transparent if possible
-a small windsock could be a nice little detail

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks awesome.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
yeah, it's really good and not that bad as you think.

There are only a few minor things that could be improved
-the wooden boxes are too big. Texture and design make them look like they should be actually only half the size
-the ladder outside of the tower leading up to no entrance is strange. a door or hatch should be there. Also nice would be some kind of caged ladder for such a high outdoor ladder.
the one on the left
-the flag with the tech wrench should be less stiff and more like fabric flowing in the wind (would be also a nice anim)
-since you gave it an interior, the windows should be transparent if possible
-a small windsock could be a nice little detail

Thanks for your detailed comment.

Without exception when I post up a model and texture it is a 1st pass.
For me this means that I do the minimum required to bring the model into C&C3, in effect I am using C&C3 to put the finishing touches on the texturing process.
I do not do rigging, add additive lighting or any animations. These are obviously things that can make a huge difference, and in the example of the flag, it will never look right until this process has happened.

In terms of design, I agree with what you are saying, but I do not get involved with either designing, or redesigning any object that I have decided to texture.
While I agree that it helps for things to make sense in terms of what goes into a model, for an RTS I feel that the most important thing is that the structure is easy to make out, and has distinctive features.

The ladder would have made more sense if I had kept the open air railing that I added, but since I did not think the detail looked good at the all important default height (ie the camera height that most spent 90%+ of the time in), I omitted it.

So to wrap up, I definitely think that a redesign would be in order if this was being done for the first person environment, I think it is optional for a 3D RTS remake.
However if someone with a talent when it comes to designing concepts, or reworking existing concepts, had drawn out a reworked Tech airport concept, my end result would have been better I think.

TechAirport_Diffuse.jpg
 Description:
This shows the omitted railing.
 Filesize:  289.9 KB
 Viewed:  2309 Time(s)

TechAirport_Diffuse.jpg

96686.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  509.67 KB

96686.jpg

img1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.56 KB

img1.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi sir, do you think to share model files ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon