Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some AI questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:  Some AI questions
Subject description: AI power reserve, air transport attack, more weed eaters
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I have some questions about improving AI. I would be glad if someone could help find solution

1) Is it possible to make AI build more power plants reserve? I have tried changing PowerSurplus in rules.ini (values -1000,-10,10,255,1000,5000) but none of these values had impact on AI (seems to be leftover from RA1). I have also halved every power value for buildings (power=100 into power=50. etc.) but results showed that AI does not have any power reserve, it seems build power plants only until it has power, so destruction of only one power plant leaves base vulnerable.

2) I am trying to add air transport attack for GDI. Orca transport + infantry team to parachute / deploy in enemy base. It is partialy working but when air transport is built directly on helipad, troops are not able to get in transport. Is there any script command get transport away from helipad before begining of transport loading scripts?

3) I have added Nod weed eater team in order to multiply number of weed eaters and replacing destroyed ones. I have added script with harvest mission to team. After units are built, started harvesting but when returning to waste facility, they just stop near it and not unloading in dock. Shortly also the original freeunit got same behaviour.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a. AI Builds the first power plant declared in BuildPower for that side. Additionally,
AI makes more power plants when it is in shortage. You can have more cloned
buildings with +ve power and use AIBuildThis to create them. Having more power
plants occupies more base space, so I do the opposite and give slightly more value
in Power= to have less number of them. Also there are problems caused when AI
is in very low power conditions, so I try to keep the AI in excess power.

b. Loading infantry happens only when the aircraft is on ground and that happens
only when the pad is occupied. It can be achieved by creating fighter aircrafts
team with higher weightage in its AITrigger and then checking for that aircraft in
the AITrigger of the passenger aircraft. It is not perfect. Another method is to give
a immovable freeunit for the pad so that all planes land on the ground only. In any
case, reload is a problem, so ammo could be infinite or no Dock buildings or plane
could be made to self destruct etc.

Deploying at the enemy base would be almost waste as the plane would be shot
before it can unload. Paradrop is done by loading the plane with infantry and then
using a dummy weapon to eject them.

Also, if you are using hyperpatch or EXE based on it like TS Client, then don't use
SlowdownDistance on the passenger plane as it causes problems for AI.

c. I haven't tried with weed eaters, but it should work. Check your Dock tag.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for answers
Quote:
You can have more cloned
buildings with +ve power and use AIBuildThis to create them

Yes, I have thought about that option, but that effect will dissapear after some time, AI will not replace destroyed plants because it has enough power and that power plants clones are not the last buildings in list. AI will surely build base defence, helipads, refineries after last building on list.

Quote:
It can be achieved by creating fighter aircrafts
team with higher weightage in its AITrigger and then checking for that aircraft in the AITrigger of the passenger aircraft.

I was using trigger to make transport pool available only after AI has 7 orca bombers already built, but because of AI multi factory bug, there is always some transport which will remain on helipad. Maybe AI buying air transport already with loaded crew could be solution, but I am not sure if that works in multiplay maps. Maybe creating TeamType with Full=yes ? I have to look in SP maps.

Quote:
Also, if you are using hyperpatch or EXE based on it like TS Client, then don't use SlowdownDistance on the passenger plane as it causes problems for AI.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a. There could be other reasons for AI not rebuilding power plants like short on credits
or base space etc.

b. Just remembered that the SlowdownDistance causing problems for AI in hyperpatch
is for planes without Dock tag. It is not specific to passenger planes.

c. Looks like the weed eaters are waiting for another weed eater to return.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Looks like the weed eaters are waiting for another weed eater to return.

I have tried many times, changing scripts, always same result. Weed eaters just stop around waste facility and do nothing, there are not other weeders. Behaviour always changes after new created weeder finish harvesting, move near dock and for some reason not able to unload. Sometimes inactive weeder can be found on veins with full storage but not doing anything.

01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.36 KB
 Viewed:  2707 Time(s)

01.jpg

02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.15 KB
 Viewed:  2707 Time(s)

02.jpg

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it now, seems like the harvest mission (script 11,9) for AI doesn't work properly.
You could try other options like increasing the speed of weed eaters or capacity
needed for missile or even try additional cloned waste fascility.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I tried it now, seems like the harvest mission (script 11,9) for AI doesn't work properly.

Yes it seems to have problem in skirmish to get into harvest -> unload loop, tried many script variations like

0=11,9
1=49,0
2=11,7
3=49,0
4=6,0

but with the same result. I found almost perfect solution by adding building to AI with BuildLimit=0 and FreeUnit=WEED and giving Prerequisite=NAWAST so AI will not build it in maps where veins are not available. Giving for example Image=NAAPWR with same power plant code it will not have visible impact on base. Now weeders work fine like harvesters. The only problem would be that AI will not replace any destroyed weeders unless one of free unit buildings are destroyed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon