Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ionic Frequency (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject:  Ionic Frequency (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys! Just finished making a nicely detailed 2 player map for your enjoyment Wink & yeah hope you enjoy lol, tell me what you think. Remember! The screenshots are only samples... It plays/looks better in game duh! Very Happy

The unzipped map is 130 kb, you can download the map below in the zip archive. (which is about 75kb). This map will be futurely included with my mod 'The Tiberium Future; A Dying World'. Smile

Contents of the readme:

Map Name: Ionic Frequency (2).
Created By: j4m3sb0nd
Theatre: Temperate.
Instructions: Place in /Sun Folder. ;p

Description:  A nice little 2 player map with good lighting & detail,
plenty of tiberium to go around including some rare red tiberium worth
ALOT of money Wink although it will take effort to get it from the terrible
creatures that lurk, the map also has some weed isolated by cliffs near the players for an easily accesible supply, tried my best to make this map balanced; each play location has its entrances, & each location has a 'tournament' style supply of things yet at the same time not too much.

Also trucks drop crates. Wink You can find one in the abandoned city, & another one in the small mutant town, so go get hunting! You will also have to watch out, after a long while on the map a rather long ion storm will trigger, & quite a powerful one. This sector is heavily mutated by tiberium & attracts many ions, thus it is a key place for extremely dangerous ion storms.

last but not least, Enjoy!! Smile

-Created by j4m3sb0nd-

if+ing2.jpg
 Description:
You can see the kodiak crash & the small mutant town in this screenie, also to the right where there is some red tib under a tree is actually where the right player locations red tiberium is. (By the time i took this screenie i had harvested it all ;))
 Filesize:  835.37 KB
 Viewed:  53386 Time(s)

if+ing2.jpg

if+ing4_is.jpg
 Description:
Watch out for ion storms!
 Filesize:  814.11 KB
 Viewed:  53384 Time(s)

if+ing4_is.jpg

if+ing1.jpg
 Description:
This screenshot shows you some the great lighting & detail, plus some red tiberium.
 Filesize:  863.52 KB

if+ing1.jpg

minimap+if.jpg
 Description:
The minimap hints at the detail. ;)
 Filesize:  33.59 KB

minimap+if.jpg

j4m_ionicfrequency_map.zip
 Description:
This file contains the map.

Map requires Firestorm expansion pack to play.

Download
 Filename:  j4m_ionicfrequency_map.zip
 Filesize:  75.73 KB
 Downloaded:  3006 Time(s)

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more screenie.

if+ing3.jpg
 Description:
A better view of the small mutant town, also showing off some of the great detail & mutation to the top left of the image.
 Filesize:  865.94 KB
 Viewed:  53382 Time(s)

if+ing3.jpg

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brilliant, ofcourse! One vote for spotlighting.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks m8. Smile

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say spotlight it, if not only for his "creativity" on a certain aspect of the map #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, my bright ion storm? #Tongue Consider the aesthetics of storyline. Wink

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to ask, did you actually think about your explanation for the brightness or did you just pull it out of your ass on the fly and post it?  Because if you did just write some random jargon off the top of your head, I'm impressed #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, well alot of the time i write these huge storylines from the top of my head, although i did have a preludical thought to why i would make the ion ambient a lil more bright feeling.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I vote for spotlight too... Great looking map!

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. Smile

Dad_A_Tude
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well j4m3s, map looks great but the AI seem useless.  Tech 8 AI level 2 and only thing that was killing me was the storm. Anyone else have AI attack them or is it possible my AI file messed up?

My vote would be to spotlight it as a online map.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshots look nice, but havn't tried the map yet. =p

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dad_A_Tude wrote:
or is it possible my AI file messed up?

The TSTW Nod AI did attack... but yes they don't have too much buildspace. :S

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work Very Happy, very much detail, although i haven't tried the map Smile

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another vote to spotlight that map. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, ok, ok... you win! Smile This map has been spotlighted....

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thankyou all thankyou Very Happy

Hmm, well the enemy did have plenty of room to build *as does players* however i also see that it didnt seem to attack me often (tech10) although it did attack yea.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think what this map is that great-it's not working on normal TS!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, its because it needs firestorm

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should also run on TSTW..

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

J4m3s this is my absolutely most favorite fan map I have ever played
the terrain looks offoly similar to the first GDI mission in FS Wink
I think the downed kodiak is a nice touch and very apropriete you would think after the first FMV that they would have learned not to fly through or lift off in ion storms

my only complaint is that the ION storm was way to pummeling in your mod but I know you had to do that to get the super weapon to be effective

also your mod is one of the best if the spotlighted mods yours should be

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, looks like a firestorm map because - surprise surprise it uses crystal LAT from the expansion, the green stuff. Wink

Hehe, GDI never learn do they? #Tongue

Yes, it is a bit powerful in the mod, if enough complain ill fix it. & actually the super weapon is completely seperate from the games ion storms, so dont worry about that. Wink

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking in terms of lay out in realation to fsgdi01

btw glad it was spotlighted

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, i cant really see the resemblance to be honest. :S

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon