Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Tiberium Atmosphere [2 - 6]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:  FS Tiberium Atmosphere [2 - 6] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[OFFICIAL SUBMISSION FOR OPEN MAP COMPETITION #2]

Map Name: FS: Tiberium Atmosphere
Author: Aurora196
Rating On Last OMC: 67.5%
Position On Last OMC: 3rd
Players: 6

Ratings:

Map Layout: 23%/30%
Eye Candy: 20%/30%
Playability: = 20%/30%
Triggers: 2.5%/10%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 65.5%

The DVD's Position: 7th - 68%
Dewman's Position: 5th - 69%
Froggy's Position: 4th - 59.5%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 5th

Comments (Note: all maps were submitted to judges anonymously to avoid biased reviews, so the judges had no idea of who submitted the map):

-> TheDvD:

Map Layout: 8 The map layout is excellent! As you'll see from the minimap the area is very believable. Every base area is different, and there's enough tiberium nearby to get you started, and there will be blue tiberium further away.

Eye-Candy: 5 Ok... As you will see later, this map's looks can be described by one single word. But hey, I gotta review this map right? Alright, the attention to detail is excellent. The beach is flawless and there are nice touches like tiberium swamps, deserted bases and dirt roads. The amount and complexity of the cliffs is impressive. So you'd sure like to see all this, right? Well, too bad; you can't. Because aside from your buildings, all you'll see is GREEN. GREEN. Repeat after me: GREEN. Argh! This map has some insane lighting. The green value is set to 2.5 (compared to the standard 1.0) and to make things worse, there are ultra-bright, you guessed it, GREEN lightposts on the map. And not just in the tiberium pits, but also in just slightly mutated areas. Really, if i exaggerate a little I could say all you'll see in this map are different shades of green...i'm at a loss how to rate this, i'll give half the points.

Playability: 8 Well i've set the lighting to non-headache-inducing values in order to review this map's playability. It's excellent, The AI does quite well (although they might not have enough space to build. It's good to set up secondary bases in the desered bases around the map.

Triggers: 5 There are various triggers set up in this map, some of them involve capturing radars, and they're supposed to reveal the map to you, but they crash the map instead. There are triggers for floater and visceroid movement though. I get the idea this map wasn't tested properly. The lighting was outrageous and the there are trigger errors.

Overall: 68%

-> dEw_MaN:

Map Layout: 9/10 Great detail on this map.  Awsome cliff work and slope positioning.  Starting locations could of been more spread out.
Eye-Candy: 8/10 Lots of tiberium, some urban areas
Playability: 6/10 Most players had an ideal amount of space to build in, but others had hardly any.
Triggers: 0/10 No triggers.

-> Froggy:

Layout: 6
Eye Candy: 7
Playability: 6
Triggers: 2.5 {Avarage of DVD's and dEw_MaN's}
Overall: 7

- unrealistically green everywhere
- limited build space
- tiberium too remote in some places
- plenty of detail, creatures
- ambience is good (noise from creatures)
- old bases nice touch, though capturability leaves balance issues (fix by making them friendly to all sides?)
- reveal map is too powerful for the capturable radar
- hunter seekers likely to target civvies
- some strategic possibility

Contestant Words When Submitting:

-  Here is my map. It's a 125X150, 6-player map.

Enjoy...

-Aurora196

fs-tiberium atmosphere.mpr
 Description:
FS Tiberium Atmosphere

Download
 Filename:  fs-tiberium atmosphere.mpr
 Filesize:  475.91 KB
 Downloaded:  1222 Time(s)

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 am; edited 3 times in total

Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I got the highest position from Froggy Shocked  Very Happy . Just like last time...

Only one thing, the file is missing Confused  (just needed to say)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea... I noticed few minutes ago... and it's now uploaded Smile. Sorry

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well done Aurora196 Smile good job.
i would have gone nuts making so many cliffs Laughing

Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I like making cliffs and it wasn't boring at all, even after a while. (unlike triggers, they are so freaking boring! #Mad )

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wes.com wrote:
well done Aurora196 Smile good job.
i would have gone nuts making so many cliffs Laughing

Says who..  Very Happy

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a feeling why I didn't do so badly. Does it have something to do with my trees?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your trees was a reason for complaint from one judge... but I won't reveal more now Laughing

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He didn't get lost in them did he? #Tongue

Dad_A_Tude
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job Aurora196.   Smile

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. =p

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Froggy's comments included.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon