Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My first guy for TS i need help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject:  My first guy for TS i need help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need someone to tell me how to use voxel editors (i got them from curlupanddie ask him what ones they were) and can someone send me a picture of one of there voxels so i can base mine on that

i made my first one doing the thing from the creating a unit tutorial i did the sniper i used slaviks thing instead of the cyborgs but when i build it on the game when its done it doesnt come out of the barracks(hand of nod its a nod unit) the game says it encountered an internal error can someone help me fix that?
thanks

this is me----YES!! my guys building!!-- #Mad --NOOOOOOOO what happened!!!

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry dont use VXL's they use SHP's you should have a expandxx.mix file (where xx is a number between 01 and 99) in your TS directory that needs the infantry SHP in it. If you dont know how to do this there's another topic round here somewhere with it in, but you will need to download the XCC mixer and XCC mix editor from xccu.sourceforge.net. The SHP should be named the same as the unit is named in both the art and rules.ini files so if its called
Code:
[SNIPER]
then name the SHP sniper.shp. Then it should work. If your totally confused by that, tell me and ill post a step by step guide.

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hiya tratos i know you Smile no offence but im totally confuse Idea i have an idea! you can just e-mail me the guide cause u know my Smile hehe
e-mail address or u can post it here and i can copy it to something like a text document

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh and i already have the XCC's and i found expand01.mix in the XCC Mixer

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, ill post it here then anyone else who wants it can see it.

1. Open the XCC mixer and extract the inafntry SHP you want the unit to look like.

2. rename the SHP using the name you used in the art and rules ini's e.g [sniper] rename it as sniper.shp (caps dont matter for shp files.

3. Open the XCC mix editor and create a new .mix and name it expandxx.mix (xx should be a number between 01 and 99).

4. Insert the SHP into expandxx.mix and compact the file.

5. Put expandxx.mix into your TS directory(e.g. C:\Program Files\Westwood\Sun - or wherever you installed it).

6. Make sure the code for the unit is correct and you shouldn't have any more problems with it.

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats the SHP do ?

wait a sec no offence but that doesnt answer the big question the big question was
i made my first one doing the thing from the creating a unit tutorial i did the sniper i used slaviks thing instead of the cyborgs but when i build it on the game when its done it doesnt come out of the barracks(hand of nod its a nod unit) the game says it encountered an internal error can someone help me fix that?

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is anyone gonna answer this?

i made my first guy doing the thing from the creating a unit tutorial i did the sniper i used slaviks thing instead of the cyborgs but when i build it on the game when its done it doesnt come out of the barracks(hand of nod its a nod unit) the game says it encountered an internal error and has to exit the game, can someone help me fix that?
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PLEASE, don't post to repeat your message, on this forum there are many people from different country all over the world (brazil, australia, belguim, england, canada ...) so the hours are not the same for everybody.

You have to wait before your topic will be answered, so please wait ...

Smile , thanks

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

voxels for infantry crashes the game, because its format is different than SHP. So, you ask what is SHP? Hmmm... it's a 2D image format that was originated in 3D Studio Shape files (or whatever it's written) which consists of a pack of several pictures using an specific pallete. Each picture has the unit doing an action into a different direction, like walking, standing ground, firing, etc...

To save SHP files, you must have .PCX graphics using 8bit pallets (cameo.pal, anim.pal, unitsno.pal, etc...) of the same size and ending in a numeric order with numbers of 4 digits. Use XCC, select the pallete for the conversion, right click it, convert as SHP(TS) and put it in an ecacheXX.mix inside a expandXX.mix (XX is a number between 02 and 99).

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

srry ok thanks banshee

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon