Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
UDATED: Cabal Medium Tank [TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject:  UDATED: Cabal Medium Tank [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My first attempt at a cabal unit.  A simple tank drone.   As I have no game disk I have no idea what it looks likes in game.

The red area is remap

as an added bonus it comes withthe dreaded "plaster wall" from Azumanga Daioh

Updated voxel is 25tnk.

plasterwall_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.77 KB
 Viewed:  7200 Time(s)

plasterwall_000.jpg

23tnk_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.66 KB
 Viewed:  7200 Time(s)

23tnk_000.jpg

25tnk.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  25tnk.zip
 Filesize:  12.31 KB
 Downloaded:  270 Time(s)

23tnk.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  23tnk.zip
 Filesize:  12.16 KB
 Downloaded:  257 Time(s)

Last edited by radar92 on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that thing is great!  That's the best plaster wall I've ever seen!
I suppose the tank is alright too #Tongue

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pft1086 wrote:
Wow, that thing is great!  That's the best plaster wall I've ever seen!
I suppose the tank is alright too #Tongue

Thanks #Tongue  I was worried not having Chiyo-chan it it would ruin it. :P

I'm thinking of doing a collection of plaster walls

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

radar92 wrote:

That would be cool for reasons I can't explain.

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pft1086 wrote:
radar92 wrote:

That would be cool for reasons I can't explain.

:P  

say no more Smile

The_DArk_l0rd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY. More walls.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A voxel wall is odd and teh tank looks like its WWI... WTF?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no. that plaster wall OWNZ. it'd make 'meep' voxel debris...and i love the tank treads. too dark though. CABAL UNITS SHOULD BE BLUE!! ::Flings a rock::

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big Jah wrote:
A voxel wall is odd and teh tank looks like its WWI... WTF?

Well the wall is a joke, I guess you would have to have watched the anime,  The book that came with the DVD explains its.

Yea I was going for a difrent look for the treads,  I had considered 2 sets of triangle treads, but went with a single set.  Do you really thinks its that bad?

thanks for the feed back.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The current version is quite unfuturistic and cabal is a hi-tech freak... You could at least make side armor plates...

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two comments that also apply to the LAV in the other thread:

1) Waaay too dark. If you insist on black, at least use other dark greys to break up the uniformity of colour. Ingame, that is gonna look a mess otherwise.

2) Cabal is an AI entity. If you are going to make Cabal-specific units, why not try and make them look unmanned? This means for example that turrets could consist of mostly weapon, as there's no need for somebody to sit behind it. I'm sure you get the idea.

Also, since Cabal is usually Blue team, why not set the remaps to blue in the pix you show? That is likely how most ppl will use them, so it'd be good to have a better idea of how the remap colour works with the unit as a whole.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The plaster wall pwns...

I really do like the wheels/treads on the tank, however. Smile

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major_Gilbear wrote:
Also, since Cabal is usually Blue team, why not set the remaps to blue in the pix you show?...

Just a quick response, Im doing this on linux(using wine), the programs mostly work, but certain parts dont, that being the selecting remap Smile  And I sent all my disks home so I can't play either Sad

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major_Gilbear wrote:
Two comments that also apply to the LAV in the other thread:

1) Waaay too dark. If you insist on black, at least use other dark greys to break up the uniformity of colour. Ingame, that is gonna look a mess otherwise.

2) Cabal is an AI entity. If you are going to make Cabal-specific units, why not try and make them look unmanned? This means for example that turrets could consist of mostly weapon, as there's no need for somebody to sit behind it. I'm sure you get the idea.

Also, since Cabal is usually Blue team, why not set the remaps to blue in the pix you show? That is likely how most ppl will use them, so it'd be good to have a better idea of how the remap colour works with the unit as a whole.

1: I can fix that easy, Do that tonite,

2: I did leave out "hatches" and added more anttenas.  I did leave it more normal sized based on if its AI driven the space taken up by the troopies would be used for ammo storage, extra fuel and redundant systems.

For the remaps in the pictures I'll just for picturs use blue, and have the posted voxels with remap.  That will take care of that.

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Im working on the med tank first  I have done some recoloring.  I also add skirts to the sides.  I think I continue work on the skirted verson.  

As far as the blue goes, that represents the remap areas.  As I have said b4 I'm limited as to what I can do with remap..

25tnk_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.85 KB
 Viewed:  7084 Time(s)

25tnk_000.jpg

23tnk_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.07 KB
 Viewed:  7084 Time(s)

23tnk_000.jpg

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I think it looks much better Smile

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this looks a lot better, good job.

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Outstanding,  now to work on the 8x8

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!