Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Growing Buildings ???
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject:  Growing Buildings ??? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this may sound crazy but is there anyway to make buildings grow from buildings

I know you can make Tiberium grow from buildings, so is buildings growing from buildings possible

Thanks for the help

P.S. If you dont know that could someone plz refresh me on how to make a deployed unit instantly explode ? I know its go something to do with the active anim or something?

Thanks again

-SMIFFGIG

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SOunds interesting, though I dont think it would work. The Tiberium effect is a special case thing going on in the engine, though I dont see why you couldnt have a building that has tiberium grow from it...

Whats the idea with growing buildings? Sounds interesting...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the ultima mod, u can get building which buold green and bleu tb, just takes a hwile to build up, ,and if ur harvs r near it it say "harvester under attack"

wait a min, i juts thought of sumthing.

maybe u canmake a building grow tib by making tib a weapon, and making th ebuilding fire it

(kin the mod u had o force fire the building ont he floor)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, there is a crazy way to do it. The initial building will have FreeUnit=EXPANSION (EXPANSION is the unit that will deploy as the building that will grow). The EXPANSION will have a weapon that will track the enemy (range=-1) and will need to deploy to fire. When it deploys, give it a long time build up animation (you know? it's growing Wink) and when the build up animation is over... well, it's there... a building that appeared from a building... to keep the cycle, the new building will have FreeUnit=EXPANSION and it will expand a lot...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ill get straight to the point

U build a gadrop and then a dropship, the dropship has no weap but has a charging pip scale (like the EMP one) when it is fully charged the unit changes (litterally) not cosmetically, exactly like the MOBEMP does. However the fully charged dropship can deploy and when it does deploy it creates (grows) buildings a max of 5, these buildings only grow once and are inviso + instantly dissapear when constructuded (i.e. Explode with no sound + anim) but each of the dummy buildings gives FreeUnit=*.* Which could be anything Titans whatever. As they only grow once they will only give u five units (1 for each building), this would give the impression that you are recieving dropship reinforcements.
It would be useless to keep the DSHP deployed as it can do nothing after u recieve the units, so u un-deploy it send it back to base or whatever and wait for it to charge again, and the whole proccess would start over

All the above IS possible except for the growing buildings thing in which im sure there could be some work around
The same logic could be used to recieve random reinforcements from buildings over set period of times e.g. 10mins if you played around with it abit

The fact that im not sure building growing building is possible is a big BUT, however if know one knows here ill work on it myself

-James

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid that the MobileEMPulse code can be used in only one unit and also growing five buildings... I think it's hard...good luck

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the building growing is good, but what if they just kept spreading/ the game would be overrun with them.
my solution, make one master building that the buildings that will grow out of, and have it in the Prerequisite line, so if you were to manage to destroy the master building, then no more spawned buildings would appear.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its impossible, but dont worry i got another method #Tongue

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, I'm afraid even your crazy solution won't work...: take for example nod artillery, they also have to deploy to fire, but even when in guard mode they will never deploy on their own accord.... so you would have to double click the EXPANSION unit...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the difference between the EXPANSION and the artillery is the range of weapon and ROF (it will constantly try to deploy).

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havent tested it but im sure Banshees way would work

however FreeUnit= is the exact tag i wanted to make use of if this feature where possible to be implemented Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon