Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Resizing infantry in Paintshop Pro.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject:  Resizing infantry in Paintshop Pro. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a tutorial for Paint Shop Pro, i used version 8 of PSP and cannot guarantee this will work exactly the same in other versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the "File" menu is a sub-menu called "script. Inside of this is an option that says "Start recording".

Ok, leave this menu for now we will come back to it. Open an image, any image, it doesn't matter. Then back in the "File" menu click on start recording. This will begin to record all the actions you take so it is important you follow this tutorial as close as you can.

Firstly go to the"Image" menu and select "resize" (or press Shift=S). A new window should pop-up. In this window you will see 2 values, a height and width value, beside this is a pull-down menu with 2 options, pixels and percent. Choose percent and set the height and width values to 75 (this will resize infantry to Tiberian Sun size). Click ok and your image will resize.

Now go back to the "File" menu and choose "Save" (Important: Do not chooses "save as..." as this will save every single file as the same name overwriting eachother).

Again in the "File" menu choose close. The back in the "File" menu and the "script" sub-menu choose "save recording". You can choose to save as any of the existing scripts as they are empty placeholders or you can save as a new script.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To run your script, choose "File" --> "Batch" --> "Process".

This will bring up a new window with lots of options.

Open the folder where the images you wish to resize are and select them all by holding the shift key and clicking them.

Where it says script, choose to browse and find your script that you made earlier. Have it set to run script in silent mode by ticking the check box, stop on error should be automatically checked and i reccomend you keep this.

In save mode, choose overwrite to save the files directly as the old ones. Then click on "Start" to begin and sit back as your files are resized.

(P.s. dont try to resize .gif files as they dont appear to work for one reason or another, use pcx instead.)

Key Words: #Tutorials #SHPs #Graphics #Media #PaintShopPro #TiberianDawn #RedAlert1 #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #OpenRA 

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grr now if only psp5 had that
*runs off to download psp8*

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is like the greatest thing ever #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'm gonna get the shareware of PSP8, because my PSP6 is also sad... and makes me do all these manually :S...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PSP 7 not have this submenu called script.... I need the PSP 8 Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea in PSP 6 there is only one of these funcions called batch conversion- enabling you to convert multiple images into one file format.. still usefull though...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't need PSP 8 as I have Image Robot and Irfanview which do the job well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job Smile.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice (I knew about this already didn't I?) these might be useful in my new mod.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is, like, 2 years old and all, but it just made sense to post it here.

K, I downloaded that file, and I extraced it into my RA2 directory, PLUS, I copied another version and put that in my FA2 directory. U see, I'm trying to make a map that has resized infantry in it. That's y I did that. But, nothing happened. Anyone know why?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon