Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Last Forest [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject:  Last Forest [2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody! This is my first map that I'm submitting. I originally wanted to submit it in the OMC3, but didn't think it was good enough.
While it isn't trigger littered (1 trigger only actually, I don't really know yet how to work with them), I do think it's quite detailed. I'll post some screenies together with the map.
The zip contains the map, readme with some basic info, and a minimap preview. All I'm asking is that you guys tell me what you think of it!
Go easy on me! Wink

And now the screenies and map!

beh maybe i'll post a nice forest fire pic since it is the ideal location to start one Surprised

preview3.JPG
 Description:
roomfiller ;)
 Filesize:  87.73 KB
 Viewed:  9541 Time(s)

preview3.JPG

preview2.JPG
 Description:
somewhere else in the forest :o
 Filesize:  69.73 KB

preview2.JPG

preview1.JPG
 Description:
somewhere in the forest.
 Filesize:  72.44 KB

preview1.JPG

Last Forest [2].zip
 Description:
The map! Enjoy!

Download
 Filename:  Last Forest [2].zip
 Filesize:  152.64 KB
 Downloaded:  1023 Time(s)

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a lot of trees. Are you sure it doesn't bog down the game speed?

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: trees Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is packed with trees, but the map isn't really big.  I have tested it several times and it doesn't slow the game down in any way that i've noticed. However, maybe that's possible on slower machines, I tested it on my laptop wich has a 2,2ghz processor so maybe that's why.

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: green turns to brown Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I per accident posted the same message twice so i'll edit this one and post one last pic. For all you pyro's out there!

embrace the flame!.JPG
 Description:
:)
 Filesize:  86.76 KB
 Viewed:  9525 Time(s)

embrace the flame!.JPG

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of a map I made for TSR, named Solberga. It had a large forest, possibly less trees than you have, but it slowed the game down a lot. Even after flaming them all. I tried Very Happy
The only difference being mine was a snow map..

Still, looks like a nice map.

Roets
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually never considered the trees slowing down the game.
I have no problem what so ever with this map.
Heh, the only thing my laptop is good at is playing games that don't require a D3D or something like that.

Here's the minimap BTW.

As soon as I know how to activate firestorm defences permanent for a neutral side like the recent omc3 map ts phoenix, i'll try and make another detailed map, but then with a lot of tiberium (stealing on the idea of ts phoenix :p) BUT   need someone to explain me how to do this, I posted already on this topic but so far no reply: http://www.tiberiumsun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81505#81505

Thanks in advance

minimap.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.75 KB
 Viewed:  9478 Time(s)

minimap.JPG

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trigger action 92 enables a houses firestorm defense, 93 disables the firestorm defense. 94 is firing an Ion Cannon at a particular point on the map.

92 and 93 are not visible on the list, however if you just type in 92 or 93, it will use that action. (You can tell if it works, as the action description is displayed).
Action 94 should be present.

Hope this helps. And nice to see my map is being noticed Wink. And is helping. Hopefully people will learn from the stuff I did, and overall make better maps Wink.
Of course, adds more competition for the next OMC, but its all fun Very Happy.

If you need more help with this, PM me.

yoursoluckyimcute
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i downloaded it not to long ago    

i recommend it!  Its great!

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the autorisation from the admin, (Banshee) I continue to do some map test and comments.

This map is just great ! With the blue-purple night ambiance, civilan structures, Scrin Wreckage, capturable upload center and burnable forest.

I just found that the reveal map trigger work to early, it would be preferable to obtain that by capturing a certain civilian structure, maybe..

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's like we're back in 2005!

Muldrake from the past, can you hear us?!

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yoah. =o

superdjidane, i suppose Koets will not see your post. =P

But seriously, it's kinda useless if you bump something soo old without proper reasons, even if you had, i think it would be best for you to pm him instead. Smile

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I've already told this guy once to stop bumping threads from six years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon