Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Minor Errors Thread
Moderators: Triforce
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:  Minor Errors Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post any Minor Errors that you find in NCM here.

Triforce

Last edited by Triforce on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm playing it now, I'll be editing this post as I get these evil bugs.

1) None of the new buildings have proper build up animations.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minor spelling errors..

Humvee has the worst range I've seen in a while..

I love the cameo, tho..

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated my post above. I still had files from an old beta that had a new unfinished EVA.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Smilen
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Youve used that darned Leechkiller software, fiendish stuff, modding a game, then in turn making your mod, unmoddable.

I only noticed as the skirmish map list appears all out of order on mine, as I have my own custom mission.pkt files as it is I usually edit the pkt files that come with mods to rearrange the map list, this has been made impossible due to your leechkilling ways.

Also at th moment.. my game keeps hanging on the loading screen when the green text appears, cant remember which line of text it hangs on though...

Would be appreciate dif you could pm me either an unlocked mix file, or at least the missions/multi pkt file so I can fix the map issue.

Edit - Its the 'Gathering Intel on Involved factions' line that the game hangs, and ideas?

Appreciated.

Smilen.

Edit 2 - Ok, fixed the hanging  issue now, most likely due to other modded files in my Ts directory, go figure. But I have got a couple of other issues to bring up/

1- ~Ive always thought that a unified cameo scheme (Eg, use the same background for each cameo type) hugely improves the general professionalism of a mod.

2 ~ Dr Evil?? Wtf?

3 ~ The multiple MCV  things really blows man.

4 ~ A guide to all of the units and whatnot, descriptions and hints as to how best to use them, would just make the mod seem more complete, more professional, although it is something that most mods seem to lack.

Make TS Open Source!! Viva La Revolution!! Sign!
http://www.petitiononline.com/opentsun/petition.html

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I'm a C&C1 fan, I was intrigued at the TD sides in the mod... so I tried TD GDI. I noticed tons of problems though...

First of all, the Renegade buildings are pretty nice, but please size them correctly. Both power plants reached too far out of their 2x2 area, and so did the helipad. I'll excuse the lack of buildups for now though, I know they weren't in Renegade.
The units are generally very nice aswell, but they lack enough visible remap, turrets are generally not centered correctly, and the harvester seems to be drawn too low compared to the selection box and the (unmodified) unloading TS version in the refinery

Some other remarks:
- The Weapons factory didn't open correctly
- The adv. comm. center didn't have radar ability, and I lost construction options when selling my normal radar after building the Adv one (Dunno if this can be fixed though)
- There's a second, 'ghost' service depot in the sidebar which can't be built.
- I can't repair helicopters on my service depot
- No remap on the GDI service depot
- My Adv. Guard Tower's weapon seemed to deform the terrain...
- Every time I build a building CABAL (for GDI?) says I have new construction options, while nothing's added at all. This even happens when I build concrete pavement or fire my ion cannon.
- The Guard tower has no graphics
- The MLRS shouldn't have recoil when firing
- No sound for MLRS weapon
- You seem to have problems spelling  the words "guard" and "grenadier"

- All icons seem to be converted wit the wrong palette. I'm guessing you took them from deseicnh.mix and converted them with the Temperate palette. Keep in mind TD has THREE color palettes for its icons, namely those of the 3 terrain types.
(though the Temperate and Winter palettes are the same, Desert ISN'T.)

And one additional note: If I were you I'd implement savegame separation by changing the extension of NCM savegames (just another minor exe change - replace .SAV by .NCM or something like that)

On to TD Nod...
- Radar should only have Refinery as prerequisite
- Exit point of the HON is all wrong
- Flamer has the chem warrior icon
- Airstrip & HON gfx are (again) too big for their building size
- Airstrip animations seem kinda... erm, odd.

This should be in serious errors, but whatever... TDNod's Cluster missile doensn't launch.

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, TD GDI and TD Nod are largely undone. Unfortunately, they will probably stay as is for now until I fix & finish NCM and TS GDI/Nod. I will fix the repeating CABAL voice and Nod Nuke ASAP, as these are annoying/major problems.

Triforce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um.. there is weird burrowing unit which can deploy...
And when in deployed state you tell it to move-it'll diseaper!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Triforce wrote:
Yes, TD GDI and TD Nod are largely undone. Unfortunately, they will probably stay as is for now until I fix & finish NCM and TS GDI/Nod. I will fix the repeating CABAL voice and Nod Nuke ASAP, as these are annoying/major problems.

Triforce

So is the not being able to repair helicopters, imo...

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have also found that both the flamer and the chem warrior cost the same but the flamer is really not very good, where as the chem warrior rocks. Personally i think you should make the flamer's weapon look and work like the chem warrior's.

Love the mod on the whole though!

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TD statistics
Flamer: $200
Chem-Warrior: $300

Toastie
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-TD Nod's Turret points straight up when firing.

NODLIED
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wel Hi.
Wel there Is 1 Little Error Thats Driving Me Mad! #Mad
The Error Is That It Issent Working With The First Decade. Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NODLIED
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank You Very Much Banshee Exclamation
Now I Can Play Once Again Very Happy

Edit: Dam It Stil Dossent Work.
It Keeps Telling Me That TS TFD Issent Instalt. Crying or Very sad

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
TD statistics
Flamer: $200
Chem-Warrior: $300

That may be, but in the mod they cost the same.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The spotlight animation isn't correct. I'll post a pic ASAP to show it.

Anyway, some other errors:
- The subterrain demo drone can't deploy, although there is the icon where it says, possible to deploy
- I like the concept for the Red scorpion for NOD and the railgun tank for GDI, but it's not the style for TS... (personal opinion)
- What's the use of the Hunter seeker droid of GDI??? If you release it, I suppose it randomly attacks something. But instead it's released next to the building, is controlable and it has no weapons.

But the mod is good. It was the second mod I've played

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ruptioner
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found some minor errors in the game whilst palying on TDGDI, the problems were the advanced powrplant could overlap bother buildings aswell s alot mroe such as the helipads, there are 2 service depots and oen fo them cant be built it just says buildign but nothign happens and the game still starts with a normal mcv and 2 other mcvs also the normal guart turret thing dosnt have an actual shp or structure The commando dose not autoretaliate even when attacked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon