Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
really stupid question
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Core Defender
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:  really stupid question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do i get the westwood maps to final sun? i have looked in the directory and cant find them. Any one no were they are?
thnx

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they're in your CD's mix files.

Core Defender
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope cant find them. Would you tell me what folder they are in lol?

Im new, you can probarlby tell.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh for f**cs sake, use XCC mixer. They're not in any folder, they're inside a mix file. You can open mix files with XCC mixer (google it before asking anymore stupid questions)

Core Defender
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

multi.mix. If you dont know what MIX something is in, just dont answer. Jeeze.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know it amazes me the sheer number of people being dicks on forums. He's new for fuck sake! Give him a damn break - If you'd never modded anything how the hell would you expect to know A) What a MIX is and B) Where you'd expect to fucking look for something which isn't blatantly obvious. There are plenty of modding tutorials but I doubt there's anything giving the whereabouts of westwood missions or maps.

Now to actually help unlike others:
First, get XCC Mixer
Second, Choose open and naviagte to the multi.mix on your disc
Third, Extract the files using right click to somewhere easy to remember (Such as the TS Directory)
Fourth, Open with final sun from directory they are extracted to.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but, I'm also amazed how stupid newbies have to be when they register on new forums. They don't read the mass amount of tutorials and faqs all over the net, and in the PPM main menu, they just come and ask:

hello! how do I add my unit to the game?

and then they have thousands of spelling mistakes (thought if they aren't very good in english...).

Should we put a giant text to the menu which saids:

SCROLL DOWN. THERE ARE SOME HELPFUL TUTORIALS TO READ BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Core Defender
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
You know it amazes me the sheer number of people being dicks on forums. He's new for fuck sake! Give him a damn break - If you'd never modded anything how the hell would you expect to know A) What a MIX is and B) Where you'd expect to fucking look for something which isn't blatantly obvious. There are plenty of modding tutorials but I doubt there's anything giving the whereabouts of westwood missions or maps.

Now to actually help unlike others:
First, get XCC Mixer
Second, Choose open and naviagte to the multi.mix on your disc
Third, Extract the files using right click to somewhere easy to remember (Such as the TS Directory)
Fourth, Open with final sun from directory they are extracted to.

thank you mate. YES I AM KNEW YURi.. like he said everyone starts somewere. AND YES i did read Tutorials so YES i do have the mixer from the Tutorials .

I just dont like poeple who are so full of themelfs.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, your right, I lost my control.

anyway, what I'm saying is, that newcommers should take a look at the main menu, before asking questions that the main meun tuts could answer.

@Core Defender: mix file is like a folder; it can contain other files. The difference between a mix file and a folder is, that you need XCC mixer program to open a mix. You can get the mixer from http://xccu.sourceforge.net/
go to the "utilities", read the information regarding it, and download it. I can't remember if there comes a readme or not...

EDIT: oh, I see you posted before me, well, I'm sorry, I got pissed of, but, if you need more help of XCC mixer, come here and ask, ok? and now we all must try stop flaming noobs...

Core Defender
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhh i see thankyou very much Carnivean and yuri 05 after a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon