Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
a question on harvester animation
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject:  a question on harvester animation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where the heck is that little white cloud for the harvestor animation when its harvesting, i cant find the thing

also where is it specified in the art.ini .... wt is its name

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know where it is, hang on...

Last edited by TerroR on Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that ? :

smoke_harvest.jpg
 Description:
smoke
 Filesize:  42.93 KB
 Viewed:  10718 Time(s)

smoke_harvest.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok you will find it in Tibsun.mix > cache.mix > harvestr.shp

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks terror but that is the old UNUSED animation (you will notice its green with little bits of crystal comming out of it)

im looking for the somewhat worse looking white cloud that is currently used

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No that must be it. Mayb it looks green to you because your veiwing it in the wrong pal?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im telling u that is the unused one

i could bet £100 on it

notice the tiberium crystals comming out of it, that isnt on the current white anim

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i concour

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No thats the one, its just in the wrong pallet in the game. Trust me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL that's the one allrite, dont believe, take some stupid animation, rename to harvestr.shp and put in ecachexx.mix, when you play, the game will use that anim #Tongue here's the evidence..

harvdozer.jpg
 Description:
Harvest the Tiberium, Dozer Style!
 Filesize:  17.22 KB
 Viewed:  10672 Time(s)

harvdozer.jpg

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh

sorry yea it is the right one and it is just the wrong pallette i should have posted that here ages ago

look on Tib Studios news and u will see what i mean

nice pic btw Smile

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
ahh

sorry yea it is the right one and it is just the wrong pallette i should have posted that here ages ago

look on Tib Studios news and u will see what i mean

nice pic btw Smile

SMIFFGIG: Sorry terror you were rite all along
TerroR: Shit happens

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lucky u didnt accept the £100 bet Razz

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FireStorm: where did you get that bulldozer voxel? Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being FireStorm, he probably made it. From what I've heard (and seen) he's really good with voxels.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firestorm, i must know how u made them, what tools?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah the vxl is very very good Smile

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok here's my method, first I create a totally new vxl in Will's, after I'm done, I go to Vxlse3 and resize the voxel 2x, and back to Will's, do some updating like cutting off extra vxls, save and of course edit the header section, rescale down to TS size, see it's always better to have a little large vxl then scaling them down..Ok once the scaling is done and all, Autonormals it using the autonormals options in vxlse3, choose the TS normals options... There!

Cheers

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that's confusing.... So you make it bigger than it should be and shrink it? Seems logical...

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeap that's basically it, though I only use that method for Tanks and such, for Jeeps/bikes that kinda thing I'll skip the resizing part..

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How were the red generals units done, like the overlord and so on?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Generals?? the RA2 mod? never did play it but seen the vxls used for the mod, i've only seen the leopard tank though, and created by Daz, if I'm not wrong, they were converted from Generals..Oh and the overlord AFAIK it was done by WR2K, dunno if it's 3D modelled though..

To:Red Generals members, apology goes to you guys if i'm wrong here..

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firestorm coudl u make me a turret just like this one below?

hcannon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.19 KB
 Viewed:  10608 Time(s)

hcannon.jpg

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terror, all you need is the upper part of that turret, with the barrels, in VXL, the rest of the turret would be really easy to SHP.

Or, if you could cut me some pics of the top facing all 8 angles, I could easily make you an all-SHP turret.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, juz the turret rite? not the 'building' below, you want the turret/barrel separated? But if i do this might take some time coz i'm kinda bz working on Armageddon mod...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All i want is this part converted to a turret:

hcannontur.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.85 KB
 Viewed:  10583 Time(s)

hcannontur.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is it to open in gmax.

scenes.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  scenes.rar
 Filesize:  77.6 KB
 Downloaded:  208 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: There is no need to rar the file, dude. You can post it as .gmax in the attachment.

(your rar format sucks bad and win ace is a damn shareware... )

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If i jsut post the .gmax part they wont have the images with it Razz

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then zip it
its way better

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(I definitelly agree with Kopaka here)

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok here

tur1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tur1.zip
 Filesize:  3.29 KB
 Downloaded:  192 Time(s)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So can 1 of u lads create that turret for me?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FireStorm wrote:
Red Generals?? the RA2 mod? never did play it but seen the vxls used for the mod, i've only seen the leopard tank though, and created by Daz, if I'm not wrong, they were converted from Generals..Oh and the overlord AFAIK it was done by WR2K, dunno if it's 3D modelled though..

To:Red Generals members, apology goes to you guys if i'm wrong here..

No, your not wrong, im not surprised you haven't played it (at least youve heard of it which is a start), the Overlord was 3d rendered, taken from Generals same as the rest but WeeRaby has more expertese with normals than Daz which is why it looks better

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh geez..it's not that i'm not interested in the mod or what, I juz dont have RA2 on my comp Rolling Eyes ..OH and TerroR, i've done the turret vxl, not converted from 3D though...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FireStorm wrote:
oh geez..it's not that i'm not interested in the mod or what, I juz dont have RA2 on my comp Rolling Eyes ..OH and TerroR, i've done the turret vxl, not converted from 3D though...

It's not for RA2, it's for TS.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't refering to the turret....

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon