Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Heavy Artillery Mech
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject:  Heavy Artillery Mech
Subject description: Downloadable Teaser from Rise of Omnius
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, as the description said, this units is featured in the upcoming mod for Tiberian Sun, Rise of Omnius. This heavy mech is not a skirmish unit, and is to appear during missions (Nod Campaign) as a prototype to capture.

This unit is based in a Macross mech thanks to this topic
I did this unit (the model) long ago but never really finished it.

BTW, this is a teaser, keep in mind that, also it is going to be used in RO, though in a more complete way, with deploy frames #Tongue

Code:
;Art.ini coding

[HWR]
Cameo=
Voxel=no
Remapable=yes
WalkFrames=20
FiringFrames=10
StandingFrames=0
Facings=8
PrimaryFireFLH=0,0,0
SecondaryFireFLH=0,0,0
StartStandFrame=0
StartWalkFrame=0
StartFiringFrame=160

Credit me (Machine) and the mod TS: Rise of Omnius if used.

Deployed Monster.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Deployed Monster.rar
 Filesize:  63.44 KB
 Downloaded:  1551 Time(s)

HWR.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  HWR.zip
 Filesize:  324.99 KB
 Downloaded:  2643 Time(s)

Last edited by Machine on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it reminds me of a Destroid from macross/robotech. i like the design, keep up the good work Wink

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:

This unit is based in a Macross mech thanks to this topic
I did this unit (the model) long ago but never really finished it.

Laughing seems than very few people did see that line in my post, I'm including the people at TibWeb #Tongue.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hah, that makes me seem like a total moron #Tongue hah, still, its nice Very Happy

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even i misread it for a minute, but i remembered the topic so i reread the post.

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet design very cool i like how it's smooth and the colors and the remap look so great

to bad that the primary fire can only fire from 2 of the 4 cannons someone needs to make a patch to add more than 2 fireing ports/2 bursts

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or make it deploy to use the artillery guns, like Machine already intended:P

there ARE other solutions besides making patches Rolling Eyes

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tds101 wrote:
to bad that the primary fire can only fire from 2 of the 4 cannons someone needs to make a patch to add more than 2 fireing ports/2 bursts

ETS adds 3rd and 4th weapons along with their respective FLH in art.ini.

Using ETS you can have this unit fire from all 6 cannons. (There are 6 right? 4 artillery and 2 close range defense?)

All you'd need is 3 weapons and properly aligned FLHs with Burst=2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mech can become into the ultimate superweapon... kind of like what the Mammoth Mk. II was supposed to be, only with 100 times cooler graphics.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agree, it realy looks cool, to bad PPM has no shp-spotlight #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's just one of the many awesome mechs Machine has made for TS: RO Wink

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
Agree, it realy looks cool, to bad PPM has no shp-spotlight #Tongue

Yeah, that's a real shame, though...

Team Black wrote:
it's just one of the many awesome mechs Machine has made for TS: RO Wink

Yeah, just check our forum; personally I think than my leviathan is better than this one.

EDIT: Quoted the entire linked topic, since only hostess can see it #Tongue

Last edited by Machine on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine, your link's broke Sad

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing It does work, forgot that only hostess could see it #Tongue
I'll quote it #Tongue

Request for Improving PPM wrote:

Machine wrote:
Hello Banshe, BTW sorry for sending you a pm before #Tongue

How about making a spotlighted SHP forum?

The main reason for this, would be to increase the quality, and number of the shp files that are submitted.

As we can see, PPM has a lot of high quality voxels, which get the precious "spolighted" designation. I, personally, think that the reason of this quality increase it's not just caused by an improvement in voxel building tools. I think that the "competence" to get this spotlighted designation is a big factor.

So a spotlighted SHP subforum, should have a similar effect. As an example, I ,as an SHP maker, feel sometimes that releasing a public resource is a waste of time since I won't get recognition, or anything, and the resources that I've made will be easily forgotten with the passing of time.

However if we had a spotlighted SHP subforum, the resources that I made could get this "spotlighted" designation, being recognized by the community as one of the greatest SHP works that there is, becoming a "classic", which means that my work wouldn't be forgotten so easily.
With this in mind, I think that any SHP maker would want to see that his work is recognized, since that would mean than more people is using it. But to achieve this they'll need to improve the quality of their work, which will lead to better quality SHPs available to public download.

As another example, TibWeb, in my opinion, has better quality SHP files than PPM, which mostly get the "spotlighted" designation.

Also if we consider recognition as an important factor, we must say that getting it for new SHPers, like me, is way harder, than for a voxeler. Let's have as an example, RLY_BiG_Tank (aplogies in advance by using you as an example) got his voxel maker fame really fast, no doubt about it, since he is a really good voxeler. But what does a new SHPer get?, the answer is almost nothing, just a small chance of being recognized by a modding team, and being recruited, and then the submissions stop.

Finally, if you consider that handling a spotlighted subforum is too much work, you could always designate a person who should be in charge of it. I would volunteer, if you decide to make a Spotlighted forum for these files; however I would recommend than someone with more experience, or should I say older in the community, to do it.

Thanks in advance for reading this long post, and sorry if this wasn't the right place to post this. Don't worry if you can't answer this quickly, I understand you Banshee, college takes a lot of time of our lives, and it's definitely more important than attending to a small "rant" like this one.

BTW, anyone who feels like participating in this post, feel free to do it #Tongue

Judeau wrote:
a large problem with shps is that simply not enough people CAN make them

Banshee wrote:
I think this forum was suposed to be created some time ago. I just don't know who would manage it. Muldrake is overloaded and I rarely visit the SHPs forum. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Machine wrote:
Sorry for replying late, I though I had, but it seems than not Laughing

I would volunteer myself, if nobody else wants to.
Other suggestions, dunno I would have said Muldrake, maybe LKO, but I highly doubt he would accept.

BTW the last reply date is from today; Laughing I really though that I posted a reply there before Confused

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice for TS, but dont look good in RA2.
Next time you do public work can you make it for RA2? The difference is RA2 is about 25% larger and other colors.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 sucks, keep them in TS Cool

Excelent shp, hope you release more of them Twisted Evil

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gaffel wrote:
Very nice for TS, but dont look good in RA2.
Next time you do public work can you make it for RA2? The difference is RA2 is about 25% larger and other colors.

Most of my work is already bigger than what TS uses, so RA2 users can use it properly. However I accept than this mech may be not big enough for RA2 (It's quite big though, but it wouldn't look kickass in RA2). I would render it, again, in a more proper size for RA2 if I still had the original files (I always keep them though this one got corrupted,and I don't feel like reanimating the model, again).

Rico wrote:
RA2 sucks, keep them in TS Cool

Excelent shp, hope you release more of them Twisted Evil

Well it won't suck too much if modders can put TS stuff in it Laughing. And, yeah, I'll be releasing more stuff, though not like this one (I mean Rise of Omnius teaser units) Wink

EDIT: (somewhat off topic)
Visiting SC2 sites, I found this (check the attachment), I'm getting scared now; that thing looks like a meld of this mech and my Leviathan (made both before). Note also I gave the zone trooper a SC marine look and a shield before even knowing than Blizzard was going to give shield to marines in SC2. Laughing

873532998_17042a5013_m.jpg
 Description:
Terran Thor
 Filesize:  26.3 KB
 Viewed:  39140 Time(s)

873532998_17042a5013_m.jpg

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLY CRAP, LOOK AT THAT SC2 TERRAN MECH, HOLY CRAP, and back to topic, ur mech really looks like the destroid from Robotech, meh, I actually thought it was! Very Happy

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it is from macross/robotech Laughing
Also you bumped a topic, but is not like I care too much about it, since input is always appreciated.

On a side note, the Thor, won't be displayed in SC2 as how it looks in that preview, sadly (it's still a pushing unit, but smaller, faster and with AA cannons instead of artillery batteries Sad)I guess, I should really attempt to make a 3D model of the original Thor.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anychance of some more origional mechs? Yours are always superve Very Happy

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, when I have some more free time Wink.

KORHAL
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this Unit will not run under my TibSun ?!?
Why?

Please give me art.ini and rules.ini Editings

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is the art stuff up at the TOP!
And do your own rules, nobody likes copypaste modders.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KORHAL wrote:
this Unit will not run under my TibSun ?!?
Why?

this unit works fine.
learn how to mod by reading the tutorials in the tutorial forum
the newbie guide in modding can most probably help you further.

and in future give some more info than "help me, it doesn't work"
What does not work: internal error, game freezes, harddisk smokes, black screen...
What have you done: ini coding info, where do you placed the shp ...

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh well as this topic was bumped, I'll make a small announcement; I'll remake this unit for RoO, so I'll be releasing the deploying animation and building state, in some point in the future.

BTW, tomorrow, I'll be updating with at least another infantry unit render, Nod's most basic infantry #Tongue. Also currently finishing Nod's Redeemer cymek.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Also currently finishing Nod's Redeemer cymek.

MECH! This is not Dune, you crazy heretic!

*slaps you with OC Bible*

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a mech, and it's not a cyborg, is more like a gigantic cyborg, thus cymek. Anyways RoO is highly influenced by Dune, which is why I want my damned sandworms on the game Laughing.

Anyways if you still consider that heretical, I accept being slapped with the Orange Catholic Bible, #Tongue.

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
MECH! This is not Dune, you crazy heretic!

*slaps you with OC Bible*

Silly Phobonaut Laughing if Machine wants to completely wants to change the feel of Nod so be it. Yes I would still want Nod to have it's own identity and style of play but that doesn't mean they can't have mechs or things that are close to mechs. Besides last time I checked Nod stunk as a playable side despite all the fmv hoopla. Hopefully his changes will allow Nod to truly go toe to toe with GDI in multiplayer in TS.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a cameo for this beast. #Tongue

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject:  UPDATE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I added the previously Rise of Omnius exclusive deploy animation and deployed state of this unit, to the original post, the reason behind this is that I already have an updated version of this unit included in the mod.
Alternatively, if you don't feel like scrolling to the top, just click here.
Also there's no cameo made of this unit, since RoO uses a custom cameo style, with a built in sidebar style, and I can't make a cameo from a render since the original model got corrupted, and I don't have enough free time to justify fixing the model to just make a cameo.

soulerotica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, i cant seem to register to post as a user (You have exceeded the number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later. even though i only tried once Neutral )

Anyway, Fantastic and brilliant model, but i have 1 slight problem... the turret disappears for me when deployed, everything else is fine, anyone have any idea's? If i can register tomorrow, i will, and will post more info, but any quick fire idea's would be very welcome.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add it as an animation?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On rules.ini

[DHWR]
IsJuggernaut=yes
Turret=yes
TurretAnim=DHWRR_A
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false

And yes, the turret should have been named "DHWR_A", instead of "DHWRR_A" to keep the naming convention, but I added an extra "R", before the "_A", something that took me a while to notice.
That should do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noobie question, the HWR shp doesn't have a set of idle frames. Is there a way to code the sequence for it in openra at all with the current shp?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anonymous wrote:
Noobie question, the HWR shp doesn't have a set of idle frames. Is there a way to code the sequence for it in openra at all with the current shp?
vehicle plays moving frames when idle. The game doesn’t support explicit idle frames for vehicles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!