Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
possible triggers?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gef
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject:  possible triggers? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, trying to figure out how to setup triggers correctly for a multiplayer map

idea is, on capturing the nod pyramid a timer is started and the team has to hold it for a set amount of time, if it reaches 0 game ends that team wins, if another team manages to capture the building the timer is reset and started again for this team.. possible? any help would be appreciated.

pyramid of chaos.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pyramid of chaos.mpr
 Filesize:  110.83 KB
 Downloaded:  212 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a multiplayer map you say? Sorry, not possible.

gef
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about making a really strong superweapon, charge up from whoever owns the temple? i tried making a meteor shower before but didnt manage it

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I admit, that i myself never managed to work that one out on tiberian sun... Ask DCoder, he's the man for thing's like this.

Edit: I just thought... What you could do is, edit the map's .INI in wordpad... Make it so that the Pyramid has a tag like:
Superweapon=(WHATEVER WEAPON)

I'm not entirely sure on that one, as i've never done that kind of thing in any of my maps.

gef
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, meteor storm replacing ion cannon ideally, im not sure how to make the warhead spawn more meteor Sad

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's definitely possible, but you'll have to sacrifice a superweapon.

Another possibility is to give it a HS style SW, spawning something along the lines of a Mammoth Mark II, a powerful unit for the owner to play with. Makes it less time-focussed.

Last edited by Titan on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

gef
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another nice idea, how would i go about making the HS spawn a unit after it has hit its target?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon