Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
SHP for infantry
Moderators: Terror From The Deep Staff, DonutArnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jammers
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:  SHP for infantry Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

I was an active member of the ufo2000 project way way back and stumbled accross this mod and thought. Wow, that sounds awesome.

I noticed that you don't have any SHP's for infantry up yet. And I was wandering wether you've looked at the possibility of using the ingame ufo2000 animations for your mod? I think their isometry is the same as TS/RA.

Although that would cause copyright problems, however their may be a way to make a tool that extracts the data from TFTD to RA-SHP's, but that might take a while.

anyway, goodluck on the mod.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! And welcome to PPMSite!

The thing is, that I'll make (all) the mod assests by myself, so I won't take anything from other games (including UFO 2000). I've checked TFTD's infatry sprites a few time ago and they're in many pieces, so it'll take a lot of time to merge all the images/sprite pieces. Also copyrights would be a problem, so the best option is to remake them with 3d programs (at least I can make some custom videos with the mod assests when most of them are finished, but that'll happen in the future)...

And thank you for paying attention for my project! #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon