Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
Diffirence between EA maps and WB maps
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject:  Diffirence between EA maps and WB maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am wondering if there is any diffirence in maps between the official EA maps, and the self-made WB maps. I am thinking this, because all (or nearly all) of the official maps load pretty fast, run smoothly, with little to none lags, and for the people with a lesser pc, a very small chance that the game will crash.
With self-made maps, it is a bit the opposite: the map loads much slower, lags a bit sometimes, and the chances of a map crashing, are much larger (untill now, all maps i have downloaded and created myself, have crashed at some point Rolling Eyes ). The crashing thing isn't because of my pc, because i can play the official maps without any crashes at all.
So I am wonderig if someone know how to make the self-made maps run and play like the official maps. Is there somekind of script or tag that makes them run smoothly, or a specific waypoint you must place in your map?
Or is it just something that happens to me only Razz

ferrari
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably the reason for this is that the game stores all of the official maps in a .big archive file. This file type was created BY Electronic Arts and it may be optimized for the game. This or maybe the game loads some of the map info during the long start-up time for all of the official maps.

That's my guess.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its like a map in TS/RA2/YR. Boot up TS with just the stock maps, then boot it up with 10 fanmaps.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Its like a map in TS/RA2/YR. Boot up TS with just the stock maps, then boot it up with 10 fanmaps.

I know that, but can be solved by changing the Multiplayer list (you know, the list where all maps are named in, with the max and min amount of players, etc...)

I would like to try what ferrari said, but then i would need to have 1.07/1.08 patch and Mod SDK, which all takes years to download here Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum