Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
Airstike confirmed - supperweapon
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject:  Airstike confirmed - supperweapon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to add a supperweapon liek in generals so an aircraft flys into the map and drops a bomb?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not for TS no, i think Smiffgig tried but failed, i also looked into it for YR but had no luck as the spyplane nor paradrop plane can be given a fireable weapon.

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its possible in YR, although it is a lengthy and complex process that limits it to parabombs, or if your like me you'd have to replace the whole paradrops like I did in my RA2: ren mod

[/img]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In YR probably only parabombs
but i know that type=airstrike exists and also action=airstrike but boris is using action=airstike and type=airstrike might not be complete since there is no info of that in the rules.ini

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It MIGHT be possible in TS, using the Hunter Seeker effect... but then again... it might not...

Maybe our emulating superweapons method would work... but then again, probably not...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, with Hunter Seeker looks like to be probable. Just clone the orca bomber weapon and give it... but also add an animation to this weapon that destroys the hunter seeker... It would not be exactly like Generals, but the nearest possible I know...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when i was making a TS renegade mod, thats what I did, only it targeted random things so it wasnt the best

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats interesting Yoshi, i have experimented ALOT with the HS and it has some funny attributes that follow it around. making some attached tags that you would just expect of to usually work either act weird or not at all

U made this airstrike (kind of weapon). Did u make the HS explode after firing (I assume it was in early stages)
some more info would be nice Wink

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can think of at least one good alternative, though it might take some serious replacing of attributes of the game that you might not be willing to replace.

Make an air unit, give it the desired airstrike weapon and image, etc. Make it build limit 1. Give it an ammo of 1, or some other set number, so that it is required to return and re-load after firing a certain ammount of ammo. Then, extend the ammount of time it takes to recharge ammo (I'm not sure how specific or general this has to be, I can't remember where in the INI's you define how long it takes... But if you can get it to just define how long it takes with that particular unit, or that particular structure it's docking at, that would be better...). If you want you could even customise the structure it docks at and give it a special unit-reload animation that displays a timer or some other means of denoting the time until you can use the unit again.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh thats got me thinking

if only there where more armour types in TS though Mad

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
ahh thats got me thinking

if only there where more armour types in TS though Mad

Yes, I need at least one new armour type for my mod. currently i use wood armor for that. since it doesn't really make much sense.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats what im using for the MRJ im gunna put into TS Retro Wink

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so that radars get wood armor and the mrj weapons' warhead will only work against radars?

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting concept. Using the EMP effect? Can the EMP effect be specefied to only damage certain armor types?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Can the EMP effect be specefied to only damage certain armor types?

No and thats where my work around comes into play

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Back from the dead! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back! Its been a while...

Here was my first thought...
have a building thats your "air combat command center", this building has a hunter seeker super weapon that has no image, sound anything, just a weapon with a 300 range, or whatever is a bitmore than the range from corner to corner. This causes the invisible seeker to wizz off the map where it uses the multi missile to spawn another hunter seeker, this time with the orca bomber code. This bombers pimary weapon is bombs which it attacks the target with while its secondary charges (say in 30 sec). Its secondary is a self destruct with the same range that makes it leave the map where it destroys itself silently with no graphic or anything.

Think that would work?

Oh anf the wild weasel EMP weapon that only effects radar by using the wood armor type... my idea Wink

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no orky there's no way this would work Sad You can't spawn hunterseekers from multimissiles... hunterseekers can't see anything... you can't have a charging weapon on a unit... and suicidebomb only detonates when near it's target.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Oh anf the wild weasel EMP weapon that only effects radar by using the wood armor type... my idea

err not quite Da_orky

You may have thought of it but so have a million other people before you

you try making the EMEffect target ONLY specific armour types, its impossible. However i have a workaround for it that i highly doubt any of you will guess

It will allow a working MRJ in TS, something that has never been done before
I can safely say.... my idea Wink

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I thought of that while in class today, no super weapons from super weapons. Thats kind of agrivating though, Airstrikes would be nice to have... *sigh*

You can check the previous posts, I was the first to toss it up on this board, used it to arm my engineers to make SWAT troopers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon