Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Eternal War (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:  FS Eternal War (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the finished map. This area has been fought over many times by GDI and Nod. These battles have destroyed much of the civilian town in the center. As a result, the civilians who still live in the area panic whenever they detect either faction setting up a new base in the area. The battles in the area have also used up much of the surface Tiberium in the region. However, some Tiberium was discovered underground. Those locations were excavated to allow access to the Tiberium.

SCRN0000.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.94 KB
 Viewed:  5879 Time(s)

SCRN0000.PNG

SCRN0001.PNG
 Description:
the old GDI base in the region
 Filesize:  239.71 KB

SCRN0001.PNG

SCRN0002.PNG
 Description:
part of the town that has managed to survive intact throughout the battles
 Filesize:  230.95 KB

SCRN0002.PNG

SCRN0003.PNG
 Description:
since this road is no longer in use, grass and trees have started to grow over the top of it.
 Filesize:  218.25 KB

SCRN0003.PNG

eternal war.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  eternal war.mpr
 Filesize:  183.58 KB
 Downloaded:  263 Time(s)

Last edited by Longshanks on Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Don't think it looks that bad to be perfectly honest... There are many little LAT Bugs, and i see cliff errors too. But as i said, it's really not that bad considering it's a first map... Am i right?
Anyway, i can't download it cause i'm on the laptop, which has no FinalSun or Tiberian Sun. So yeah, can't give you a full review. Nice Job for a first, though. Smile

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it is a first map. I posted an earlier version of it in the Mapping Discussion. Where are the cliff errors though? I looked at all of the cliffs with Marble Madness, and it did not show anything wrong.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see two cliff errors..

The map itself is very flat, with little detail.
I can't critique it further, as I got an IE when I loaded the map, probably a trigger error somewhere

uploaded the except.txt if anyone wants to have a go at it

cliff error.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.27 KB
 Viewed:  5774 Time(s)

cliff error.PNG

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  218 Time(s)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It kind of reminds me of the Final Firestorm missions to be honest... Has simmilar detail, but less cliffs. O_o

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cliff errors are fixed. It gave me an IE a few times while I was working on it. However, it stopped when I deleted the reveal map trigger I was using. Then the map worked fine when I put that trigger back in. I will try the map again and see if it gives me an error too.

By the way, the map should not be that flat or undetailed. I made sure of it before I posted it.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the kind of detail you'd want to acheive for "Spotlight Material" :

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^Operation Trojan Horse FTW Very Happy

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very funny. The problem happened when the computer player had the same house as I did. The problem should now be fixed.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Detail ain't all, lighting is VERY important too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon