Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Arden River (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject:  The Arden River (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Arden River, is it's name. #Tongue
I was looking through the old mapping folder I had, which was at least 1 year old, and I came across something, I completely forgot ever even existed; A WIP of a map i'd began work on, a long time ago. When I opened it up in final sun, there was only about 10% (If even that) of the map done... So I thought why not complete it? And now it's done. I was playing, Twisted Insurrection, during the time of the screenshots. #Tongue

(Keeping in mind, this is a tournament map, so it's better for online games than it is, Skirmish... Still fun non-the-less)

Smile

Have fun.

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<

Arden River Mini.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.52 KB
 Viewed:  7176 Time(s)

Arden River Mini.PNG

Arden River 3.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  771.8 KB

Arden River 3.PNG

Arden River 2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  773.58 KB

Arden River 2.PNG

Arden River 1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  734.06 KB

Arden River 1.PNG

Last edited by Aro on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, don't all of you reply at once... Comments? Anyone?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh boo hoo. Laughing remember replies at PPM can take a long time sometimes. Especially since they get covered up so quickly.

and I'm sorry Aro but I just haven't had time or the want to go in-game and play a full game of it yet. Though maybe if it snows enough tonight/in the morning tomorrow and school is canceled then I might have time and out of boredom want to play some TS. LOL I promise I will try to get a review by Saturday at the latest though.

EDIT: well no new posts but I have my review ready so here it is....

well I finally got to play it thanks to the snow day which yes I will continue to rub it in for the rest of today if I talk to you or post something. XD

Anyways heres a review:
me at Tibweb wrote:
Detail: 9.5/10 everything I expected was there. Just woulda been nicer if it was on a bigger less basic map. tongue.gif

Layout:6.8/10 It was ok...too basic for my taste. Also one thing that this layout seemed to bugger was that I tested this one as GDI so I could test the water path way and well...my hover MLRSs weren't going under the bridges... in fact I tried several times to send them under there but they wouldn't go...I think this is because the bridge and bridge supports are too close together in 3 of the 4 bridges as they did go under the lower left bridge.

Lighting: 7/10 Just more needed to be done with it. Day/night loop and the works.

Triggers: 7/10 Some nice moving vehicles across the bridge. The suicide cars would have been nice for just a few times..but after they have been suiciding for quite a long time it seems kinda weird to me...I mean a) wouldn't the driver be able to see the bridge is out? and cool.gif wouldn't they hear a traffic report or something saying "HEEYY THAT BRIDGE BE OUT!!!" XD

Game play: 7.2/10 AI was simple. I mean the amount of tiberium that was that close to my base allowed for a quick enough cash funding to easily turtle into my area. (i played on the left) Once I fortified the only opening the AI could attack from I just had to gain access to their base which isn't hard. I think the gameplay would have been better if the layout had some differences in it.

Overall: 7.5 not spotlight worthy IMO. but still for a basic map it is quite nice. A few suggestions that might make this map better.
-Add something to the middle island to fight over. Tib field, capturable armory, capturable hospital, etc.
-Add or move the water access to be on the opposite side of where they are now for each thing. This would allow for the player to not so easily turtle into their area and guard just that one spot.
I think I had something else to add to this list but I can't quite remember. lol
Anyways keep up the good work

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why i can't extract the zip, the zip is broken man. anyway nice map there.Wink

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aye nice map. you know.

how cool would it be growing up in that little island...ok bad because of traffic and speeding. "Pet Cemetery" anyone?..but you could work the toll booth and makes alot of monies...and hide in it since its "Immune=yes" xD

ah also nice lighting. alpha posts really help with the softness. ^^

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
why i can't extract the zip, the zip is broken man. anyway nice map there.

Eh? Try it now. #Tongue
And thanks for the comments. Very Happy Invisible toll booth. Laughing

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!
I've uploaded another version with no triggers and a bit brighter as I found the suicidal cars to become annoying after a while.

Arden_River_2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Arden_River_2.zip
 Filesize:  71.92 KB
 Downloaded:  426 Time(s)

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this map, very good for a skirmmish. Smile

I retain de good modeling and the main feature wit the bridges only repairable on the center island.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon