Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Two broken maps - visitors (2-3) and dammed (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject:  Two broken maps - visitors (2-3) and dammed (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering if anyone here can find and fix errors in maps
there are 2 potentially great maps here

1 "Dammed" map faults up on loading screen
2 "Visitors" faults up approx 3 mins into playing

here are the attached maps, if anyone can fix them i would be extremely grateful. You never know it could be advantagable to you too

maps.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.18 KB
 Viewed:  4865 Time(s)

maps.jpg

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Mon May 19, 2003 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to repair visitors: delete any ai triggers that don't end with -G.

Make sure you have only 2 waypoints... remove them in finalsun.

to repair dammed: first restore all the buildings you commented out in the ini, then load it in finalsun, and delete all triggers etc... that don't end with -G. then save as .mpr map

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops i uploaded the wrong ones heres the CLEAN version (they dont have all those stupid comments and AI Triggers

maps.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  maps.zip
 Filesize:  164.86 KB
 Downloaded:  182 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG, I know there is no clear rules posted in this forum yet. (It's still being organized), but could I ask you something? Create one topic per map. And if you have a broken map, post them in the TS: Barracks. When it's fixed, post them here Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry
move the thread when ever u got a min Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well... moved.... dudes, help smiff Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That damned is a god map but that visitors need more work. i'll c if i can find out whats wrong with them when i come back from school.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

niether of the maps are anywhere near finished

They are actually SeaMans maps, and very good ones just shame they dont work :S

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took a look at them and they loaded fine (ingame). I'm ingame and it's all workign fine but when i go to look around the map it crashes and i return to my desktop. And i got to restart my computer to run TS again. This happened to one of my maps before and the problem was that there was tiberium on slanted ground, when i removed the tiberium from the slanted ground it worked. But i don't know if thats the same problem on your map.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the problem is the tiberium. Although tiberium can be on slopes, it's only when it spreads there naturally. you can't correctly place it there in FinalSun. This problem is with any overlay I think. It will cause a very hard crash.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've repaired your map DAMMED and also added some nice stuff... now it's a Firestorm map, however. It's also for four players... I'll upload it soon... i'm at school now.

btw, DAMMED is just this GDI mission were you had to destroy vega's dam... and visitors is just the Nod mission Salvage Operation.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes thats right SeaMan converted them to skirmish as we both felt there should be skirmish maps with both a dam and the scrin ship on them

well done for repairing them... im not really a great fan of making maps as i find it far too time consuming

but ill need to have a look at wt uve done to these maps #Tongue

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i only did Dammed... not Visitors that one is way too huge and most likely very slow... and it would take ages to make it good looking. But I'll now upload Dammed to the Map Forum...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any progress on Visitors?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh where's the download for Dammed? #Tongue lol i'm being demanding here... can i have the d/l ?

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beh, Visitors is stupid. It's just this Nod mission, Salvage Operation... it's way too huge for Skirmish, as it only allows for a few players. But I'll see what i can do with it. But i need to make it a FS map...with crystal and blue mold lat tiles to make it look nice. It will require FS though... you can use the map if you'd like, but i'll also use it in my mod.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check the map archive, Firestorm

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon