Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My First Voxel - FINISHED! Come see the screenies!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject:  My First Voxel - FINISHED! Come see the screenies! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...............doesn't work... Sad

I tried to make an 18-wheeler for my first voxel, and it looks great, but it has 3 major problems.

1, I used a bad shade of grey that happens to be pink in the game, still need to fix that, but at least I know how.

2, it's way too small. I made it out of the schoolbus, and forgot how small the schoolbus is. I tried doubling its size in the voxel editor 1.7, but then it's way too big. I need to increase it's size about 50% and see if that's too big or small... How can I do this?

3, the worst problem of all, the voxel appears way outside of its select box. Just take a look at the screenshot:

[note: those Kodiak voxels were made by FS, I had them in at the time. I was just demonstrating in this shot that the voxel actually overlaps other units when it comes into contact with them... and yes, that 18-wheeler IS selected]

I thought it was an HVA problem, but apparently it's not. And it's not a rules problem either, I tried two different rules entries, making it a copy of the APC and a copy of the Bus. Both had the same effect. It's either a voxel problem or an art problem, here's my art entry:

Code:
[BUS]
Voxel=yes

[18WLR]
Voxel=yes

Other than that, the voxel looks great Laughing...

Anyhow, I can't find FS online, so I'm turning to you, please help! What can I do?????

Last edited by FinalMoon on Sun May 25, 2003 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think probably editing the header info would fix your voxel, just need to move it up and decrease some of the sizes in the header

P.S.
Quote:
those Kodiak voxels were made by FS

Remember he used my Kodiak voxel and edited it Wink
but as he even admits himself it was done quickly and doesnt look quite right
My Kodiak voxel will get finished eventually but god knows when

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the kodiak need to be dirty smiffgig Smile

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if u change the PhysicalSize=# ?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeap, you have to adjust your header settings, hmm.. it's kinda hard to explain what should be done...certain entry has to be adjusted, if not you should take a look at the HVA file and adjust from there so the unit actually sits in the center...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The HVA file is a normal HVA taken from the bus which I used to make this voxel... the unit's size (as in, the voxel's size, not the unit itself's physical size) has been slightly adjusted in Voxel Editor 1.7, perhaps this is the source of the problems?

Well, if you use it your own mod there's gonna be hell to pay, but here's my voxel if anyone can fix it...

18wlr.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  18wlr.vxl
 Filesize:  101.33 KB
 Downloaded:  258 Time(s)

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok take note, when you resize voxels and it's content 2x in vxlse2, the header section will be automatically changed, but you have to change the header, to do that, Use Will's Open your .vxl, View -> Header Info...

Now on the first box (Transform) you'll see a number which reads 0.8333, CHnage that to 0.0833, next, create a totally new .HVA file for it using HVA Editor, Opne HVA Editor, File->New->Select Voxel, Save....

That ought to solve the problem.. i hope

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry FS, I got kicked off while we were talking and couldn't get back on for a while... Could you post the link to that tutorial? I lost it.

Also, the other thing I was going to ask you about, is how do I resize my voxel, by say, 50%? VXLSE1.7 only lets you resize it to 2x, or 3x, etc. and won't let you shrink your voxel at all. I want to make my voxel bigger by 50% of its current size, and see if that's a good size, if not, decrease or increase.

One more thing... Is there like a chart somewhere that tells you which of the colors will look bright green or pink in the game and which ones will look normal???

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ok, well it's not really a tutorial just some guides to read regarding the Voxel Header thing in Will's Vxl Editor, and it's only my theory on how it works, hope it will help you, and I saw some chart telling which colors to use and such but anyway i have my own and its only up to my knowledge here are the links, I may have some errors on the guide... I mean if someone would rewrite the guide so it's easier to understand.....

Well and abt resizing, u can always rescale them to actually make it look smaller ingame..
Anyways take a look/read first...

http://ara2s.virtualave.net/header_guide.shtml

http://ara2s.virtualave.net/vxl_chart.shtml

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excelent tutorials, dude...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm... that chart doesn't really show the colors that are corrupt and appear bright green or pink...

And as for re-scaling, so it'll look smaller in-game, how do I do that?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well those charts tell you which colors you should use though Razz , and I'm wondering those who happens to read the guide, do you think I've explain thoroughly how rescaling works?? just my theory anyway.. Very Happy

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've finally finished it, though I had to totally re-make the voxel... I remade it out of TruckB, so this time it's the right size. Just a quick tip, ALWAYS make sure your base unit is the size you want your finished unit to be. Anyway, the finished voxel looks much better than the first one ever could have, so it all turned out ok.

I felt compelled to post a screenie, since you all helped me somewhat by answering my questions. So here you go, enjoy! Special thanks goes out to FS!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, it looks good Smile. Nice job.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like i said before it looks very nice, right here's a challenge Wink do a verison without the cargo on it's back but the trailer Smile heh, you dont have to do it if you dont want to, just trying to make it interesting.. Nice job anw

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I'm going to do tons of variations, ones with logos on the sides, gas tanks on the back instead of cargo beds... and hopefully, one of those trailers that carries the automobiles to the used car dealerships Wink.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
and hopefully, one of those trailers that carries the automobiles to the used car dealerships

..hey i gave u that idea #Tongue

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes you did. I'm also thinking about making one that deploys, with huge missiles coming out the sides and stuff Very Happy.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a bit going crazy..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about a transformers version which deploys into a big robot

u could even use the CORE Defender image #Tongue

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey the vxl looks very good !

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA, make a coca cola 's logo and ask them that you will going to make pub for them lol

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No make a Coca cola lorry that deploys into a civilion caffe *sigh*

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked lol... getting out of hands.. cant wait to see those new designs Cool

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it me or does this 18 wheeler only have 10 wheels Razz

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

18 wheeler is an american expression for trucks... according to FM, but doesnt means that it has exactly 18 wheels.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh

i dont think ill ever understand the americans Confused Smile

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh, look at the size of the infantry compaired to the vehicles

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm ts is that way. looks at the very bottom right screenie, the 18-wheeler's taller than the house

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
18 wheeler is an american expression for trucks... according to FM, but doesnt means that it has exactly 18 wheels.

Apparently some of them do have 18 wheels. We saw one with 22 wheels the other day (it had two trailers on the back) and apparently, in some states, there are some with 3 trailers!!!! Can you immagine being behind one of those at an intersection??? Laughing

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, like this one. Love to see you make a voxel out of this one. (42 wheels btw for anyone who cares)

road_train.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.33 KB
 Viewed:  12965 Time(s)

road_train.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol imagon that thing blew up

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wtf !! Shocked lol I dont thing anyone wants to bring that 'thing' into battle Confused

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW just fill it with raidiation and youve got a weapon of mass destruction lol

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol... I could do it, just triple the trailer thing... Though it'd look a little odd when you select it... lol

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If only there was a way to make trailers on voxels, like the train has segments.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
If only there was a way to make trailers on voxels, like the train has segments.

Don't get it Confused

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he means, if only there was a way to make the trailers seperate voxels from the truck, like the train cars are seperate from the locomotor.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, so they would bend when moving and act like real trailers instead of being one solid object.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea...
too bad train is hardcoded

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, not in the least. It's all waypoints.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it's moved by waypoints, all done in the map editor with triggers and scripts Very Happy

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah yes would be interesting to see an 18-wheeler go around a map

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice truck Final Moon Cool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job. And to get the trailer seperat on the map copy the train info and scoot the trailer forward in the vxl so that it over laps the truck part.
and SMIFFGIG if you got a problem with Americans you got only one question. The same one we asked Sadam.

Do you feal lucky punk? Well do you?!?

Oh and FM whene do you think we will be seing thes new trucks?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
how about a transformers version which deploys into a big robot

u could even use the CORE Defender image #Tongue

Ok I just finnally read all the post here(kinda wish I didn't) but I think SMIFFGIG's idea here would be the best thing in a game especially if you make them a secret in the mod.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awrethien wrote:
Oh and FM whene do you think we will be seing thes new trucks?

When I make them. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon