Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Demolition Truck... M.A.D Tank.... why they dont work
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject:  Demolition Truck... M.A.D Tank.... why they dont work Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is why it hasnt currently been done

Bearing in mind that
DamageRadius=
does not work properly in the art.ini and
Spread=
only (stupidly) applies to EMEffect= weapons

Its been annoying me this for quite a while, the only way i could think of is changing the
ExpSpread=.7

but this would effect every single unit in the game with the tag
Explodes=yes

The problem with damageradius= is that it either has no effect at all (like some other tags i know "Shard=" "ShareSource=" "CloakStop=" "Thief=") bah the list goes on.
Or its max radius is extremely low (as it is only currently used on debris)
either way it dont work, try it yourselves

So any ideas ??

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im rambling i know but just for those who are interested (im sure theres some[one] Smile )

Shard=
This tag was meant to be for [Tiberiums] and would allow debris to fly off of exploding Tiberium types (being CRYSTAL1, CRYSTAL2) .shp debris. The tag doesnt work with .vxl or .shp debris and oddly in the Official Rules.ini unedited the "Shard=" tag isnt even used but replaced by "Debris=" which, yea u guessed it doesnt work either. Looks like a last ditch attempt to get the feature working (without fixing the actual source code)..... does Debris= actually exsist in the .exe, i know DebrisTypes does... oh well. Sad to see niether work, Tiberium Debris flying off of exploding tiberium would have looked great

ShareSource=
Meant for voxel debris (like i have put into TS Retro, but this allowed u to specify everything for the Voxel Debris section of the Rules, rather than editing the DebrisTypes of each unit, probably also allowing the voxel debris to display every time (something currently impossible). This would be used in conjunction with some other Not working tags in the Voxel debris section like ShareTurretData=(yes or no) and ShareSource=(4TNK) or whatever. Overall something i dont really care about not working as its use is still available through other means

CloakStop=
For infantry types and designed for the Chameleon spy. Who was originally intended to only cloak when stopped, oh and of course he was originally intended to be an available unit. (Mutant Hijacker has Chameleon spy cameo. a specific mutant hijacker cameo was never made. And the Beta cameo that everyone thinks is the mutant hijackers cameo[due to error of DeeZire's) was actually meant for Tratos hence the three commandos Wink. Shame this doesnt work, could have been put to good use

Thief=
No not a mutant hijacker VehicleThief, this is the RA1 style thief that stole 50% of the credits that where in either a Tiberium Refinary or Tiberium silo when the thief entered it. Huge shame this doesnt work, really annoys me Sad

Im thought i would explain this as im sure there are some people on this board that are interested in things like that... well i hope so anyway or ive just wasted a few mins #Tongue

-SMIFFGIG

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DamageRadius= needs astronomical values to work... However, according to thedvd, the range isn't higher than 3x3 cells... That's why airburst weapons and clusters are used...

As for Shard and Shared Source, they are quite interesting... As for thief, I really did know it didnt worked... unfortunatelly...

But I never knew that cloakstop was useless...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Demo Truck dont work?? Thought the was a workaround well not really pure INI coding but a workaround, Yoshi taught(sp?) me...

And yes that CloakStop just doesnt seems to work.... lol i'm trying to make a Sniper cloak when stop moving..bah it doesnt work Confused

Last edited by FireStorm on Sun May 25, 2003 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess Smiffig is right, why would ww add celspread= in RA2, if it already was in the engine?

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, in Ra2.ini, the description that goes with the cellspread tag says something like: 'replaces spread= and widespread=" so i tried widespread= in TS, but it didn't work...

oh, and banshee... you don't need astronomical values... setting the spread= value to anything above 124 orso will damage the adjacent cells as much as the projectile's impact cell... anything below 124 will damage the adjacent cell to a lesser degree... for example the [RPG] warhead does this... while the [ORCAHE] warheads damages 9 (3x3) cells to the same degree. oddly enough, the orcahe spread value is 512... really dumb, westwood could've used 124...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember seeing a demo truck that used debris types as the damaging explosion that resulted from it being destroyed...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is no gaurentee that the debris will appear every time

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.....not sure what you mean there...

Ok, I know this was a really cheezy unit, but lemme tell you what it did. There was this unit called the ion desolator. It was a truck, and you drove it into the enemy base, and when they destroyed it, these billions of tires came flying out. They bounced around for a few seconds, then tons of Ion strikes came down from the sky pummelling everything in their path. The debris definitely always came out.

.......explain?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they gave the debris an airburst weapon that was like the ion cannon (same graphics etc)

however if u wanted to make a decent unit, (ie a demolition truck) u wouldnt want a million nuclear explosions to happen u would only want one

the only way to do this would be to give it one debris with this attribute

but as sharesource= etc doesnt work (not even sure that would have solved the problem) u can only do this with DebrisTypes=
and it is hardcoded to make the debris appear randomly

Sad

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im unable to get cloakstop working in YR either, so if it works in RA2 then EA has gone backwards, not forwards.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
Im unable to get cloakstop working in YR either, so if it works in RA2 then EA has gone backwards, not forwards.

I would not be surprised... Rolling Eyes

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finalmoon the mod you played is most likely UltimaMod... and no SMIFFGIG, he doesn't use airburst for that... it just giving a truck a lot of IONTIRE debris types. The IONTIRE has IONBEAM as ExpireAnim.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep didnt think of that way
and its simpler too

still the problem though of debris occuring in random quantities (which if u where making a serious unit u would HAVE to control)

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is a line like DebrisMinimums and DebrisMaximums or something like that

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DebrisMinimums is only in RA2 Sad

which seems utterly ilogical why it wasnt in TS when they have DebriMaximums ???

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometimes *uhum* Westwood makes strange decisions...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you think of any reason TS would need DebrisMinimums, other than for modding purposes?

See, this is one thing I love about TS and hate about Generals. TS, you can't mod as easily. You have to think, come up with work-arounds, consider how things work. Westwood didn't just lay it all out on a silver platter for you like in Generals.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is what happens when you make a truck that deploys into a building that will explode when u add WAY to many explosion animations to the list #Tongue and it didnt even damage!?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
.....not sure what you mean there...

Ok, I know this was a really cheezy unit, but lemme tell you what it did. There was this unit called the ion desolator. It was a truck, and you drove it into the enemy base, and when they destroyed it, these billions of tires came flying out. They bounced around for a few seconds, then tons of Ion strikes came down from the sky pummelling everything in their path. The debris definitely always came out.

.......explain?

i used that before... lame and made the fps lower than 10 for a while

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw come on, it was still cool!!! Very Happy I made a fun mod a while back, the first mod I ever made. Totally unbalanced, units stolen from other mods, and only a handful of new images, but it was still SO much fun. I might post it up here sometime.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there a MinDebris code in TS? Or is that just RA2?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smiffig wrote in a reply to me:

DebrisMinimums is only in RA2

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon