Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Minotaur Mech
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject:  Minotaur Mech
Subject description: It's been a while since I released something
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm releasing this unit, which was meant to be used in the mod TS: Rise of Omnius.
I was really fond of this unit, but not anymore. It made a trip from being a multiplayer unit, to a campaign only unit, and now is out of the mod.
The main reason for it, is that RoO has way too much two legged mechs, to stop this I'm going to replace it with a four legged version (with the same purpose), based on one of the discarded designs for the mammoth mk IV.

Anyways, here is the original description:
Minotaur:

Campaign Only Unit
A big, short range missile platform, mounted in two carrier units. Possessing a big amount of armor, the minotaur is a heavy support battle mech with excellent AA capabilities. This mech is very slow in comparison to the Hover MLRS; but it has the same speed as other mechs, making the minotaur a great mobile turret, or a good support unit for ceberus class mechs.

minotaur.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  minotaur.shp
 Filesize:  302.46 KB
 Downloaded:  1472 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight this sexy beast Razz

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlighted.

Great unit Machine.
Though the shadows use the wrong color, but this is only a 2 second color replace work.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, but it doesn't seem to matter ingame. Most of my units have blue shadows, as a personal signature #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure, but i have the feeling that different shadow colors slow down the game.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's so chubby! #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Redeemer
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish i could make shps as good as this OMG ;D

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to say this nicely:
Quote:
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Post date is the middle of last year.
On the subject of making shps as good, I'd suggest 3Dstudio Max and some tutorials.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I see dots of wrong colours all over the unit? O_o

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you're not seeing weird things, so don't worry. Anyways the unit works fine ingame, it's a problem with images, you can even see it in this other image.

Notice the white dots on the conyard and the titan, which weren't modified, yet, by me at that time.

On a side note, I've noticed this since I switched to Firefox 3, I didn't have these problems before.

solitareXT@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn change the rocket pods off and add 4 long barrels on all the hardpoints and you have the Malice Battlemech from the Dark Ages

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do check the post date. I sincerely doubt Machine is still messing with this 3 years later.

Though that does sound cool...

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should turn on some super-sampling for anti-aliasing although I know that will mess up the team color parts. Has anyone come up with a solution for that yet?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meselfs downsizer does that, but it seems I don't have the little program on this computer anymore. It does force you to render stuff as uncompressed TGAs and, at least, 3 times the inteded size, but it doesn't antialias remap or the background, and automatically aplies the pallette.

And as darkstorm said, I'm not messing with this(these) model(s) anymore, in fact it seems they've been lost, not that it matters too much it's been over 4 years since I uploaded this unit, and 3 since my previous post in the thread.

Mrghost33
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, nice job.

solitareXT@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sry to reopen this after 3 years just found the pics myself during a search for any and all mechwarrior based SHPs for tibsun, doing my own mod and have had little success finding what i want, and i dont know exactly where to post for expert help

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO made dozens of SHPs of different mechs, I believe it may be on these forums but you could just find them here. (I just took the link in his signature)

By the way, if you're looking for help with finding graphics or something, you'd probably want to post a topic in the base Media Hut forums.

SolitareXT
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im the noober that reopened this just decided to register so posting was easier btw but Yeah i have LKO's mech shps, and theyre all functional in my mod. But there are still many of the classic chassis missing and when i saw a potential i figured id say something maybe get a hand in altering it to fit my needs im really crappy with the shp builder still so thanks for telling me for to post my questions at

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!