Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey News.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [183 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not quite sure what to think of that picture of a grid of barrels. They are just...barrels.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a purdy update. Smile

Great work, I'm digging that Pheonix megamap. Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

definitely the best snow theater I've seen in TS

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

It looks unchanged to me. Well, the snow itself seems to have a new texture to it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Team Black wrote:

It looks unchanged to me. Well, the snow itself seems to have a new texture to it.

Well, the shot there was entirely for the benefit of a bunch of infantry standing around a pine tree next to some crates, and so doesn't show the city pavement, cliffs, shores, roads, dirt roads, and other stuff. So yes, that pic there really isn't a good representation of the snow theatre.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice map.But those fonas are all the same.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are a few different versions of the spiker plant, four or five if I remember correctly. Because they explode so easily and set one another off it doesn't pay to put too many in one place at a time so four has been enough so far in my opinion.
I guess more could be made if it's too game crushingly serious to only have four.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the TO snow theater is less blue and more dirty looking

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

February 12th Update

Nod Stealth Tanks can deploy and utilize their core to generate an outward cloak field useful for creating ambush parties.

Unfortunately, 2011 has started as a rather busy year for me, studies, work and some "outside the net" projects I've been doing have really eaten into my time (and wallet) but still I'm pushing on with Tiberian Odyssey which is currently at / nearly at its second internal BETA. I've been using the small amount of time I have to dedicate to the mod to fix up and balance the game as well as add new elements and improve things, but as we all know with TS modding as you fix one thing something else breaks #Tongue. The first quarter of the GDI campaign has been retuned significantly just to try and improve the general flow and pace of the missions as well as tie things together a bit more neatly. I've also been working on our 3 core game modes for MultiPlayer which can be looked at here. I will be posting a much more indepth look at some of the changes we've done to the MultiPlayer aspect soon (keep an eye on our Maps forum!). I'll also post some details on how the Odyssey Campaign is shaping up and upload a few ingame previews though I'll be leaving 99% of it up to players to discover and enjoy Wink.

I also posted some skirmish images up in our ingame screenshots thread which is here. Not a great deal but some Nod screenshots were requested and it is a new map!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am updating the forums slightly, so you may see a few uninteresting new topics appear (Engineers for example) though some new unrevealed units may slip through. I'm changing the format and presentation to be more up to date on most unit -> building topics (starting in GDI forums) so many threads will be edited / have new pictures and information added they just won't show up as new. This is just to keep forums up to date.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

January 18th Update

As per usual it's been quite some time since we've made any large or interesting updates here on PPM, or anywhere else for that matter. Unfortunately for myself the Christmas and New Years era is never a good thing for free time to go towards hobbies such as modding but with the heat off (as it reaches 45c in Australia at Christmas) I finally had a chance to get some things done, so here a few screens I've borrowed off the ModDB news update. Most of the things seen here consist of additional industrial enviromental props as well as some terrain goodies.

To compliment all of these little additions, we've also been working hard on trying to make maps more dynamic and interesting, one way of achieving this was to expand upon our lighting and weather system to be constantly changing. Maps will now progressively go through day and night cycles and we intend for this to have an effect on gameplay wherever possible, for example some unpleasant creatures may only emerge at night or some missions may be easier to accomplish under the cover of darkness. Weather cycles are now also a real thing, some areas in the more rainy climates may experience patches of rain or have a random chance to develop further into storms with lightning and thunder effects. (Please note like everything shown this material is WIP). I'll most likely make a seperate thread to explain and show off some of the mechanics of weather cycles and what not with some nicer imagery!

We're now approaching our next internal build where we will hopefully get the majority of our mapping completed for both single and multiplayer, whilst we don't expect our campaign to be finished in time for a public release we've decided to make some less story driven "Covert Ops" style missions which we can release in mission packs to add to players versions of Odyssey.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome-o 30000000000000000000000

U must release...

Your SOUL, that is.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! About time for an update

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems the last yeahr worse spend for a Engine-Extension =O

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel your terrain and voxels are rather outdated. The trees especially, something bugs me about them. Maybe they are rather dull, having only a few shades of green.

I'm most impressed by the pipes and other structures in the first picture. I hope they explode violently #Tongue

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that new Hover APC going to be used instead of the existing one?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I feel your terrain and voxels are rather outdated. The trees especially

It seems they lack a bit shading. Brighter in the SW and darker in the NW.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, I guess I could rerender the trees.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh the trees are fine... leave 'em.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you guys eventually finished that stuff, eh? #Tongue

Good job, as always.

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had take a look in this Forum, im realized that the MCV is the standard one... i can remember there worse another one... o.o that looks clearly nicer than the old one <.<

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are the current MCVs, although I have been meaning to add some decent antialiasing to the "GDI" text on the GDI MCV.

mcvs.png
 Description:
from left to right, Ares, GDI MCV, Nod MCV
 Filesize:  53.08 KB
 Viewed:  20142 Time(s)

mcvs.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely Smile

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These MCVS looks cool and creative.
Approved

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if the Devil's tongue looked bad then I'm afraid so do these. I can't tell much apart from the Nod MCV.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the Nod MCV's silhouette is reasonably distinctive, so I don't know how you can have trouble telling it apart from other Nod vehicles.  As for telling it apart from other factions' stuff...  the colours are pretty different.

But if it really does need remaking, fine.  I'll add it to my list.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, it looks like a turtle.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the MCV's look great. Very distinctive, no need to re do them.

Still no fix for BuildConst?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super Joe cooked something up, the tutorial looks to be solid.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updates \ Trailers \ Screenies?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cute mcvs. :3.

*imagines a game-mode with no starter units, and mcs can't deploy.*

adam_wood
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good work and thanks for the effort, it is a huge work. i think the job that has been done from the pictures showing is far enough to release a first beta. for my perspective, although there are kinds of reasons it is can not be finished, however, if a story began at almost 10 years ago..., it should have an end, that is fair and respectful to those people who tracing and supporting Tibetan odyssey for so many years, it is really a long time. that's only my opinion. good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [183 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon