Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Superweapon Question
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject:  Superweapon Question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now, I'm using Sunedit2k, and whether that hinders or helps, I just wanted to clarify that up to now I have been trying to fix my problem using this tool.

Here is my problem. And yes, I read the two tutorials on Superweapons, but they seem to contradict on some main points. Anyway:
I created a new superweapon. Tried to, rather. As the drop pod idea worked (and I dont have Firestorm, I made the droppods for normal TS on my own), I thought maybe I could add another weapon. So I added a new weapon type and projectile, basing both off of the mutimissile. Difference is that the separate shards/missiles SHOULD explode into Ion blasts. At least, thats what I was hoping. Now, if I had gotten the damn thing to launch in the first place, I could have gotten around to even seeing if the concept of multiple Ion cannons off of a multimissle type projectile would work. But the weapon never fires.
I figured maybe it was the Action being set to Nuke. So I took it away. no firing allowed then. I replaced it, and looking again at the statement "no two weapons may share the same action" i removed the action from the multimissile. Now it charges and recharges, but never launches. I'm just wondering how I can get it to launch, because I know I can handle any debugging and tweaking from there on.

If a copy of the INI changes I've made would help, just tell me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Superweapon Question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daethar wrote:
Now, I'm using Sunedit2k, and whether that hinders or helps, I just wanted to clarify that up to now I have been trying to fix my problem using this tool.

- dont use it. Wordpad is easier, more simple, better and free.

Daethar wrote:
Here is my problem. And yes, I read the two tutorials on Superweapons, but they seem to contradict on some main points.

- Muk's tutorials were made while he was researching. The TS:ATC one was made after researchs.

Daethar wrote:
Anyway:
I created a new superweapon. Tried to, rather. As the drop pod idea worked (and I dont have Firestorm, I made the droppods for normal TS on my own), I thought maybe I could add another weapon. So I added a new weapon type and projectile, basing both off of the mutimissile. Difference is that the separate shards/missiles SHOULD explode into Ion blasts. At least, thats what I was hoping. Now, if I had gotten the damn thing to launch in the first place, I could have gotten around to even seeing if the concept of multiple Ion cannons off of a multimissle type projectile would work. But the weapon never fires.

- It needs an unused and valid action. Try using DontUse2.

Daethar wrote:
I figured maybe it was the Action being set to Nuke. So I took it away. no firing allowed then. I replaced it, and looking again at the statement "no two weapons may share the same action" i removed the action from the multimissile. Now it charges and recharges, but never launches. I'm just wondering how I can get it to launch, because I know I can handle any debugging and tweaking from there on.

If a copy of the INI changes I've made would help, just tell me.

- Read the TS:ATC Superweapons Research Conclusions for more accurate details...

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr... ok

you have to change Action= into something unused i guess....

btw you cant duplicate the same superweapon, if i remembered correctly on the Superweapon Tutorial, it wrote you can have multiple superweapon of one kind(E.G Multimissile, possible 6 MultiMissile), but you cant create a new one...

Bleh.. i sound so dumb... someone explain to him

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh banshee, explain it all, guess i posted late #Tongue

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, and in case you are lazy to search for the TS:ATC Superweapon Research Conclusion tutorial, I have a link here.

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is ther any other unused actions or types? or can you tell me wher to get a list of them?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the tutorial itself had 10 of them. The others you have to get testing...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do actions like "DontUse" and "TibSunBug" actually work? I was under the impression that the only way to have a new superweapon without over-writing another, is if you combined the GDI and Nod hunter seekers into one superweapon, and used the one left over as your new superweapon.

So that in effect, to the player you still have all your superweapons, and you gain a new one, but in reality you are losing one...

Or am I just totally off?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DontUse2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 and 8 were tested and worked...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you can have 7 totally new superweapons? Without any drawbacks? Do they have to be clones? Can they be reinforcement-type superweapons such as drop pods? Or ranged EMP's? Or weed-harvested Chemical Missiles? Or free-range Multi's? (and of course I'm sure they can be h/s's)...

This is interesting, what's the point of superweapon emulation now when you have all the s/w's you could ever need?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest you to read the TS:ATC Research Conclusions before going any further on questions, FM...

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FM to put it simpe you need a new action and a new type for each superweapon. Certian weapons have exceptions like hunterseekers. It has only a type. I keep finding lists of actions but I cant find any lists of types. The only thing I cant figure out that I would like to is how to make new hunterseeker type weapons.

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit: The original text preceding the following was deleted because of the facts that it was mindless ranting based on overlooking a crucial part of the suggestion made to remedy my problem. Apologies to Banshee or others if you happened to read any of it.

P.S. It was said by Banshee that I should use Wordpad. For this part, I did, because SE2K doesnt have a GUI option regarding superweapons. Just FYI, I'm not totally stupid. I think.

On a side note, yes, FM, you can. Several of your propsals aren't even that hard.
On Drop Pods, i'll give you my script for it:

[SuperWeaponTypes]
7=DropPodSpecial ;(use any number besides 7 if you already have 7 superweapons)

[DropPodSpecial]
Name=Drop Pods
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=4.5
Type=DropPod
SidebarImage=PodsIcon
Action=DropPod

that should be it. As for a ranged EMP, I think it has something to do with the variables for the weapon attached to the EMP.

Last edited by Daethar on Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Ohhhhh, THAT post Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok...sorry for the rants there....I'll edit away everything but the drop pods.

My fault, I did not see the little bit saying "TS:ATC". And I misunderstood the part before that. Geez, the first post wouldve solved my problems. Sorry Banshee, I really should've taken time to aquaint myself with other areas of the site. But, as I was new, I took this question to the barracks, not bothering to look at the Advanced Tech Center because I thought that it would include very, VERY advanced problems. Which, of course, I did not see mine as.

Well, I'm off to try messing with it some more and seeing if your Final Research Summary helps me.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a quick question I was wondering if you change the nod hunterseeker what would happen if nod capured or built a gdi upgrade center with a hunterseeker upgraid? would they get the modefied hunter or the gdi one?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they would get the modified one... because it's the same superweapon.

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[SuperWeaponTypes]
8=BeaconSpecial

[BeaconSpecial]
Name=Ion Beacon Missile
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=1
Type=MultiMissile
Action=dontuse2
SidebarImage=IONCICON
WeaponType=CLUSTBECON

; Cluster Beacons (Carrying Weapon)
[CLUSTBECON]
Damage=130
ROF=80
Projectile=MLTBCNPRJ
Speed=35
Warhead=HE
Range=30.00
Report=SAMSHOT1

; MultiBeacon
[MLTBCNPRJ]
Color=DarkGreen
Image=MISLMLTI
Arm=10
Cluster=10
ROT=4
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=CLSTRBCN1
IgnoresFirestorm=yes
High=yes
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
VeryHigh=yes

; Cluster Beacons (Single Beacon)
[CLSTRBCN1]
Damage=65
Burst=2
ROF=80
Projectile=ProtonTorpedo
Speed=20
Warhead=IonCannonWH
Range=6.00
Report=MISL1

(and so that it doesnt crash...)
; Beacon Spray Infantry
[BECONGUY]
Name=Beacon Spray Infantry
Category=Soldier
Image=WEEDGUY
MovementZone=Infantry
CrushSound=SQUISHY2
VoiceSelect=15-I000,15-I006,15-I040,15-I042
VoiceMove=15-I024,15-I044
VoiceAttack=15-I006,15-I046
VoiceDie=DEDMAN1,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN4,DEDMAN5,DEDMAN6
VoiceFeedback=15-I058,15-I064
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Speed=3
Owner=GDI
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Primary=CLSTRBCN1
Strength=130
Sight=4
Cost=300
Points=5
PhysicalSize=1
Storage=7
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Fearless=yes
TiberiumProof=yes

Now, my weapon still does not launch out of the silo with the weapon. What am I doing wrong? Or am I even doing anything right?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Action=dontuse2

The correct code would be:

Action=DontUse2

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:
Action=dontuse2

The correct code would be:

Action=DontUse2
Do Capitals matter in TS editing? didn't know that...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

give it a try... the description of his problem so far was that the action wasnt recognized... so maybe Capitals are considered in TS. Not always, but sometimes they are...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fEaRLeSs=YeS ... won't work.
Fearless=yes ... will work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really dont think that the action is the problem. Like I said before, when I changed it to Nuke and took nuke off of the multimissile, the same problem occured. Besides, I thought the action only detailed what cursor/reticule you get. My problem is that it simply recharges and recharges w/o firing.

I'll give it a try, but I am a bit skeptical. In many other cases capitalization made no difference in my editing.
I think...

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, tried it, and still would not work.

Besides, for veriable values, I don't believe capitals are an issue. Perhaps, however, the variable itself has that issue, as SeaMan offered. What I have found here is that dontuse2 and DontUse2 have the same, wrong result. Probably because the program has some way of preventing big errors over such a minor thing as Yes and yes. Hell, I can make a program that puts every letter in lower/upper case then reads it. Then again, maybe the in and out switching of case made the reading of SeaMan's code screw up somehow.

Anyway, bottm line is that I still don't get a superweapon.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure the building that launches it has:

NukeSilo=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

both done

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee your link points to ppm.entexplode.com

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Link updated.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm having the exact same problems here..

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well for starters if you're trying to clone the multi-missile then you can't use that new weapon of yours (cloned SW's with Type=MultiMissile will use the same weapon as the first superweapon with that type), if you're replacing it (which you'd have to be to get that weapon to work) then you'd be better off replacing the multimissile entry instead of adding a new one. Next, are you trying to use a cloned silo or the existing one?

EDIT - In fact it may be that new weapon that's causing the problem, I've just glanced over the SW research in the ATC and Banshee mentioned the same problem when trying to customise cloned multi's. If you wanna use that new weapon you're gonna have to replace the old multimissile, not create a new one.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i simply cloned the multispecial with all the same settings as normal multispecial, just another action (DontUse2)... and it is for my CABAL side so it should be launched by his silo. That silo has all the necessairy flags but still doesn't fire the missile (SW starts recharging though)

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then it should work, when I cloned the multi's i cloned the silo as well, and then gave those silo's to gdi and it worked fine, i had four cloned silos with two cloned multi's each (Banshee has done this as well)

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will check for spelling errors in my code...it's the only problem that i can think of

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post silo's code here. He is very suspect.

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was gone for a week, sorry. As for the silo code...lemme yoink it offa my other comp.

Ok...this one froze, I will post it soon.

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa, major crashes at my LAN. Seems the network didnt like the week long sleep witht he 5 year old computers. Even this, my second newest, is dying at the moment. I'm trying to post this before it freezes comepletely, and I hope it makes it onto the forums.

Anyway, here is the Silo's code:
; Ion Beacon Missile Silo
[ICBMSILO]
Name=Ion Beacon Missile Silo
Image=NAMISL
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys
Armor=wood
Owner=GDI
Prerequisite=GARADR,GATECH,GAPLUG3
TechLevel=10
Strength=1000
Sight=4
Cost=1750
Points=30
SpecialThreatValue=1
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=6
Power=-200
Adjacent=2
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes
AIBuildThis=yes
NukeSilo=yes
SuperWeapon=BeaconSpecial
HasStupidGuardMode=false

I have a clone of this one, a developer version for testing, if you will. I'm not sure, but I think my new special had a recharge of 1, and this structure costs 0 and has no Reqs.

; DevTest Ion Beacon Missile Silo
; (Cloned From Ion Beacon Missile Silo)
[STR0002]
Name=DevTest Ion Beacon Missile Silo
Image=NAMISL
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys
Armor=wood
Owner=GDI
TechLevel=10
Strength=1000
Sight=4
Points=30
SpecialThreatValue=1
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=6
Adjacent=2
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes
NukeSilo=yes
SuperWeapon=BeaconSpecial
HasStupidGuardMode=false

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon