Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Apoc's Voxel project
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 15 [736 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Don't release them, lack of public voxels of what I wanted is what caused me to learn to make my own (MV update soon).

Because that happened to you, doesn't mean it would happen to all. Not everyone can learn to make awesome voxels, you know.

Release some please, Azri Apoc. There aren't enough good quality public voxels IMO.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep the voxels to yourself buddy and make everyone squirm. #Tongue

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, i've decided to keep all of my voxel but the Soviet & Allied Medium Tank Will be Released soon, cuz it was unused in my Mod Wink , there also a few people asking for my voxels to be used in their mod.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but did you see my post and what i wrote about the fire angle code and stuff Azri?

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.... here some more voxel i've made before Exam, i did some little work with Allied Laser Drone today, i've got a some little time to voxelling cuz my next exam papers were scheduled on next 2 week. here also a Soviet Mammoth Tesla Tank, also made from concept art. Wink sorry no ingame yet cuz my stupid CD Drive was broke and cannot read any disc. #Cussing out

Soviet Mammoth Tesla Tank - 3D.gif
 Description:
Soviet Mammoth Tesla Tank - WIP
 Filesize:  791.95 KB
 Viewed:  31818 Time(s)

Soviet Mammoth Tesla Tank - 3D.gif

Allied Laser Drone - 3D.gif
 Description:
Allied Laser Drone - WIP
 Filesize:  813.78 KB
 Viewed:  31818 Time(s)

Allied Laser Drone - 3D.gif

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One word: EPIC!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The laser tank ain't too much,but the tesla tank is quite smexy.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Because that happened to you, doesn't mean it would happen to all. Not everyone can learn to make awesome voxels, you know.

My only skill is being able to learn. I have no artistic talent, if you saw my castoffs you'd know why I learned to voxel...

Nice laser drone, needs more :O
Tesla tank is good but I never liked the RA2 style, do an RA1 one...

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Don't release them, lack of public voxels of what I wanted is what caused me to learn to make my own (MV update soon).

And it's this attitude thats killing the community, some people can't voxel and without public voxels cant to crap. Yes some can learn, but even those people need insperation/stuff to play with, if everyone hords stuff like a bunch of twits then the community will dry up and die.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mmm... Freeze-dried PPm, just add voxel #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Lt Albrecht wrote:

And it's this attitude thats killing the community, some people can't voxel and without public voxels cant to crap. Yes some can learn, but even those people need insperation/stuff to play with, if everyone hords stuff like a bunch of twits then the community will dry up and die.

is teir own flaut tehy type like fcuking retrads!

(And make weird mods that add countries no one cares for.)

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:

is teir own flaut tehy type like fcuking retrads!

Big deal, someone leaves out a word or two.
Not everyone has aptitude for English.

And yes, a flood of resources would definetly help the community.
Thats just one of the reasons I support DaFool's idea of converting resources and linking the communities.

And I'll bet you'll ignore the above and find a spelling error somewhere T_T

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On one side if you release them, n00bs may take them and they may not be that special anymore. On the other side, if you don't release them, the community may dry out if more ppl do that. I think that if you post here, you should release them too. But then again, it's completely your decision azri_apoc Wink

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:

And make weird mods that add countries no one cares for.

And your speaking on everyone's behalf on who's authority?
For that matter what countries are you refering to anyway Confused

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And make weird mods that add countries no one cares for.

Quote:
For that matter what countries are you refering to anyway

heh heh...

*looks at thread "Announcing Activity"

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes... as i said i will release the Allied & Soviet Medium tank to public, the other voxel is made for my Mod, i think this community will keep drying if those newbie modder are keep lazy and just hoping for us to posting a stuff for them, they should try to voxelling instead hoping for other people doing it for them.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
For that matter what countries are you refering to anyway Confused

*Remembers RA2 Turkey mod with square loading screens and stolen assets*

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't tell people not to release public assets based on the actions of one blacklisted member.

-__-

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Rico wrote:
Quote:
For that matter what countries are you refering to anyway
:Confused:

*Remembers RA2 Turkey mod with square loading screens and stolen assets*

Do you mean that RS v. 1.n00b? Laughing

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nay!

he announced a mod of his that would add "turkey" as a country (hes a turk). But it got either locked or crapped, and probably deleted later...

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well before that he made a rip and sucky RS mod for turkey modding, the ss (screenshots) are still on Revora.

In the end they are nice assets but I would use them as base for further improvement.

Most newbs though can't even handle basic edit of existing code though and just plug n play modding.

That will kill modding. When creativity vanishes.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,the comunities too should handle out putting these n00bs at work,instead of killing them.

Its rather an mix of 2 bad things which destroy the comunities...

But that's just macromanagement talk,we should discuss about voxels,so,any other things you plan to do,apoc?

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

But that's just macromanagement talk,we should discuss about voxels,so,any other things you plan to do,apoc?

yep... this is what happen today. i've made a variants to my Soviet Medium Tank, it was inspired from Russian TOS-1 Buratino Rocket Launcher Tank. since my Soviet Medium Tank has some similarity with Russian T-72, i've decided to make it into TOS-1, i have make changes on turret and add rocket pod on it, and it takes 15 minutes work. what do you all think?

Soviet Rocket Launcher Tank - 3D.gif
 Description:
A modified version of my Soviet Medium Tank.
 Filesize:  871.57 KB
 Viewed:  31503 Time(s)

Soviet Rocket Launcher Tank - 3D.gif

TOS-1 Buratino.jpg
 Description:
TOS-1 Buratino
 Filesize:  20.85 KB
 Viewed:  31503 Time(s)

TOS-1 Buratino.jpg

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

S.I.C.K.

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Azri Apoc I like the Tos-1 it is nice to see another well made voxel that no one else has made to my knowledge. As for the Soviet Mammoth Tesla Tank it looks good but aren't the Tesla forks a bit on the short side?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buratino! Very Happy

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pinochio!#Tongue
it means.

This tank uses thermobaric rockets (5 kms, like normal modern tank) to clean buildings (Chechna 1999). Smaller versions of these rockets are used by infantry to do this job (they are transported by heavy APC based on T-72 and T-55). One of the most deadly Russian troopers (well, only Spetznaz and drunked 1d10+ at red button is more danger among them).

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically it's the russkie equivalent of an MLRS loaded with "Napalm" (The US doesn't use "napalm" any more, just Mk77mod5 incendiaries which are WORSE).

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!!

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

30 Missiles!!!! Shocked
Nice voxel though.

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised So awesome

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more Allied unit, this voxel took me all morning, i call it a Arclite Siege Tank, my idea was to make Allied has a more heavier unit to counter with the Soviet Apocalypse, what do you guys think?

Arclite Siege Tank - WIP 95%.gif
 Description:
Arclite Siege Tank Preview
 Filesize:  831.04 KB
 Viewed:  31407 Time(s)

Arclite Siege Tank - WIP 95%.gif

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like all your designs I think this is great. [Question] On the chassis do I detect some slight design inspiration from the marv?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Starcraft (judging by its name and look)Wink

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome I'd say. Both of them Wink

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DUDE its EPIC. It reminds of the halo scorpion tank, also post ingames please.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised awesome!

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone Pinch me!
That is fricking awesome.
Release some of your voxels Please!!!!!!!!

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOOOOOOOO!!!!, I was going to make a GDI siege tank for RoO's campaign, well back to the drawing board Laughing.
Just exaggerating BTW, nothing stops me from making my own (I guess I'll base it on the crucio now Laughing).
Anyways that's a great looking voxel, good work on it, thought it seems that the body of the tank is a bit too small for such massive turret. Also do you plan to make it deployable?.

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
do you plan to make it deployable?.

not yet, if my skills in shp is getting better maybe i will make it deployable soon.
here an ingame screenshot, and Mk-82 Bomb i've made this morning. Wink

Arclite Siege Tank Ingame.png
 Description:
Ingame of Arclite Siege Tank
 Filesize:  130.4 KB
 Viewed:  31302 Time(s)

Arclite Siege Tank Ingame.png

MK-82 Bomb - 3D.gif
 Description:
Mk-82 Bomb
 Filesize:  419.17 KB
 Viewed:  31302 Time(s)

MK-82 Bomb - 3D.gif

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Arclite... well, I sincerely don't like it's design. It's turret stands out way too much, like, saying "hey! shoot me a rocket!". Too tall. And the lower center hull... looks also very susceptible of being destroyed with one or two hits. On a side note, Starcraft was the first thing that came to my mind while reading it's name. Anyway, good work, sincerely.

And for the missile launcher, I liked that one, really. Soviets need an artillery wich could not be shot down (Kirovs are prone to fall due to massive use of Rocketeers, and V3 and Dreadnoughts are almost useles if there is a number of AA defenses and units). Simple, yet brilliant. Good job, very good.

And for that missile or bomb you last posted... hmm... New V3, maybe?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mk82 nuclear gravity bomb...

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after seeing the ingame, you should move the turret forward a tinny bit.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arclite Siege Tank...now where did I hear that from #Tongue

Does it have a Sieg- I meant thin the barrels a bit, they're...fat.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Arclite Siege Tank...now where did I hear that from #Tongue

Does it have a Sieg- I meant thin the barrels a bit, they're...fat.

They're fat because Metzen draws everything PIG DISGUSTINGLY COMICY!

(I didn't say that because otherwise I won't be able to work in Blizzard artwork teams.)

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more work, i was suck in making voxel for TS, i was nearly out of idea & Inspiration on what i should make Question . but finally i did some texturing and remakes from original TS voxel, and now i'm currently doing more remakes with Nod Voxels. so far i've finished the Nod Atillery & Tick Tank, what do you guys think?

Nod Artilery - 3D.gif
 Description:
Nod Artilery.
 Filesize:  429.12 KB
 Viewed:  31145 Time(s)

Nod Artilery - 3D.gif

Nod Tick Tank - 3D.gif
 Description:
Nod Tick Tank.
 Filesize:  414.73 KB

Nod Tick Tank - 3D.gif

Nod Artillery Ingame.png
 Description:
Nod Artillery Ingame.
 Filesize:  86.12 KB

Nod Artillery Ingame.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Nod artillery reminds me of the hammerhead. Personally I think both voxels are too dark and small (Please refrain from taking pictures of voxels on dark maps) even for Tiberian Sun's scale.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All he's done is reskinned the WW models, I dont see how its bad scale, as for the hammerhead since its based off the WW artillery ofcourse a darkened version of it will look similar lol Laughing
Still I agree that it might be too dark (both of them), nice work tho Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He said remakes so I'm assuming he's recreated the whole thing and not just re-skinned them.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he said texturing remakes, so it could go either way Laughing
I'll concide to that possibility tho Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 15 [736 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon