Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Music Thread Redux
Moderators: Terror From The Deep Staff, DonutArnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject:  The Music Thread Redux Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since last the incident with our previous music composer made me to give up using his work in this project, I had to remove the previous music topic. However, we also have good news: Joshy is our new music artist and he'll make some über awesome remakes/remixes from the original soundtrack. He'll post the songs he's made as soon as he's finalized them. Stay tuned! #Tongue

Current playlist:
Submersible Probe [5:22]
Lurid Waters [2:28]
Turmoil [2:03]
Dark Depths [3:14]
Sonar Parallax [5:34]

Last edited by DonutArnold on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hooray!

Last edited by MT on Sun May 17, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New song added (it's actually old and made by me feat. MikeIsland). Note: songs will be uploaded at ModDB.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhh... I dunno how to upload to ModDB. #Tongue

Anyway, Lurid Waters added.

Edit - Turmoil Added as well.

Edit Edit - Added Dark Depths.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't upload them at ModDB at the moment because I haven't created the TFTD Redux Editing Group yet. Anyway, I'll upload those by myself soon...

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nobody has opinion's on the music?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added Joshy's songs at moddb.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dark Depths has too beligerent for what it should be. Seems like an army goes to kill aliens, not a unit haunted by the aliens.
Submersible Probe makes for a great scouting music. Although it is too repetative, especially as it feels like song repeats 3 times. Input a few random cries in the spaces.
Lurid Waters is a great remake of an original song. Sounds haunting and has the requiered pressure. The high pitched sounds block the lower ones - something that should be fixed.
Turmoil seems to be the best of them all. Mostly because it is that close to the original. But changes make it even better than the original.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I gotta say they all could use more excitement/anxiety and maybe also haunting mood as some feel a bit too happy or otherwise repetitive.

Turmoil... not good...far tooo midish as in simple with the effects, needs alot more to it.

Dark Depths, feels like dracula's coming in an annoying way...

Lurid Waters... sorta dramaticly slow track with haunt mood, okish but personally its tad slow.

Submersible Probe i like best but it takes a bit too long to develop initially and the windows popup or whatever you would call it effect annoys me.

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like most of the songs, here's my comment:
Turmoil-I like it, suitable for the game.Smile
Lurid Waters-Its also very nice Smile
Dark Depths-like what ApolloTD said, feels like dracula's coming in an annoying way... but still great work.
Submerisible Probe-Finally, a song suitable for humans and not creepy.... Nice.

Keep up the good work Joshy and beware of the spider!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah... why are all the songs like that XD

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkiller wrote:
Woah... why are all the songs like that XD

Because they are based on the original songs from the base game.

I liked the last one. It is getting closer to that part where it sounds like an X-com song, but is still fitting enough.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My old songs are dumb. >.< Delete them. I can do remakes another time possibly.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It still sounds like midi.. you gotta scrap the midi.

TFTD music wasn't really that good imo.

Submersible Probe was spot on, but everything else just sounds.. bleh with the midi.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You gotta scrap these old songs. Laughing They suck hard.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
You gotta scrap these old songs. Laughing They suck hard.

No! Old songs can be reused in one way or another. Never get rid of things that can be of use!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sort of agreeing with Gufu today...

They aren't 100% shit.They are pretty good IMO.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to let you know, Sonar Parallax will have a huge facelift, so beware! #Tongue

Last edited by DonutArnold on Sun May 24, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just remember, don't fix what's not broken with Sub Probe**..

~Donut: Yeah, I forgot the damn name of the newest song so I accidentally wrote Sub Probe. The correct name is Sonar Parallax.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tuning it up so it won't sound so "boring". Smile

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonar Parallax is finished and it'll be uploaded soon... #Tongue

And Sub Probe has been remastered (nothing very special)...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. No comments? Sad

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonar Parallax has a good intro, and gets better after that.
The rest are good too, but right now they don't really strike me as great. Obviously, It'll take me a few more times listening through before they really grow on me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon