Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
A Winter Wonderland (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject:  A Winter Wonderland (2-3)
Subject description: Hohoho, Merry Christmas!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey folks! Guess what... I got a present for ya! Very Happy I know I'm a little for the europeans, asians, africans and aussies, especially those who celebrate the 24th (including me, but I couldn't be assed to finish it then ... Very Happy ), but Americans got it on time, so I guess it counts as a Christmas present. Very Happy That's all I'm gonna say, you will have to look at the screenshots, and, of course, play it in order to know more. Wink

If there are some obvious mistakes, please let me know so that I can fix the present. Smile

EDIT: I'm fixing the map Wink
EDIT 2: New version is uploaded. I have fixed terrain errors and also added that tunnel, which should be 100% functional (I forgot to even add it at first, blame the time yesterday (4 am #Tongue) I also edited the lighting a little.
EDIT3: Bittah made a nice preview, new version uploaded. Thank you Johan. Smile

AWWMINI.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.1 KB
 Viewed:  8393 Time(s)

AWWMINI.PNG

AWW2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  338.77 KB

AWW2.PNG

AWW.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  353.85 KB

AWW.PNG

winter wonderland.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  winter wonderland.rar
 Filesize:  113.32 KB
 Downloaded:  486 Time(s)

Last edited by Crash on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 6 times in total

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol loving the name and lethal ice rink

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its still Christmas in mah timezone Razz

Map looking nice Smile, good detail.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Winter Wonderland small.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  324.65 KB
 Viewed:  8352 Time(s)

Winter Wonderland small.png

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, you shouldn't have, Bittah. Smile

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lookin good:)

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only found one cliffie (but Crash spotted it before I even saw it, so it killed all the fun Sad)

Other than that, pretty nice map, and I like how close each base is to each other; makes for a good map if you're looking for a quick 3v'er with some friends, and the proximity means that someone's always on your ass. :V

Keep it up Crash. Wink

EDIT: Also, I noticed some slope errors that you can't actually see until you flick on marble madness. They don't exactly kill the look of the map, seeing as you can't even see them ingame, but I decided to point them out anyway in case you wanted to fix 'em. Very Happy

Also, I really want to make a ice map now, for some odd reason. :S

errors.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.61 KB
 Viewed:  8330 Time(s)

errors.jpg

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah, why didn't you jpeg the megamap? would've made more sense for the size..

Good to see more maps flowing into the system. Merry Christmas Crash!~

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't tried playing it due to a lack of installed C&C games but going from the big preview image it looks rather nice.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm nice looking map here crash. I will surely have to play it once i find time to finish my ratings for the GCC.
Nothing too fancy with lighting but I guess it is set to be the common Winter Wonderland look of blandish blue. So it fits the theme. Razz
Also nice to see a tunnel in there...i hope it works 100% cause if I get stuck infantry then I will be a very sad person. lol

hmm found this interesting....look at the url link location of bittah's link to the bigger megapreview.
http: //ww w.tiberiumweb.com/files/dta/Winter%20Wonderland.png

at least some part of the place seems to be working.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it is a decent map, nothing special, but nothing to complain about either (maybe just a bit more trees?) Smile Good job.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download link maybe Crash? #Tongue

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Download link maybe Crash?

Hah, you must read before asking silly questions, look in the quote below from the main post;
I wrote:
EDIT: I'm fixing the map

I don't want you to play a bugged map. Wink
Ixith wrote:
Nothing too fancy with lighting but I guess it is set to be the common Winter Wonderland look of blandish blue. So it fits the theme.
Also nice to see a tunnel in there...i hope it works 100% cause if I get stuck infantry then I will be a very sad person. lol

Yep, that was done on purpose. I wanted it to look christmas-ish, therefore I wanted a very comforting and white look to the map, not some crazy and acopalyctic lighting (although, that fits for most maps) Very Happy

I recommend you people to play it, there are triggers in it (please don't spoil by posting it up here).

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A nice map, but very unballanced. The top player has the best position, while the lowest one has the worst - artillery can get a higj position above his base and has the longest walk to tiberium.

But it's definetly a good winter map.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't agree with you - a high posistion doesn't give a better artillery spot. Even so, the lower player has access to that cliff too. The middle tiberium is most close to the lower player, therefore the other tiberium can be a little further away.

If you're looking for 100% balanced maps, look for symmetrical maps. A 100% balance isn't doable with asymmetrical maps, really.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The LAT around the ice rink is all square and hasn't autoLAT'd and that's annoying me >.>

Anywho, nice looking map with a pretty good layout. nice job.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also an insterresting snow little map. With a tunnel and othe features... and the little iced lake...

Just a little shame fore the little modeling errors described in prevous posts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon