Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
3rd side in Tiberian Sun - again
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject:  3rd side in Tiberian Sun - again Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've checked the topics about this stuff on the board, but I still have problems. The game doesn't crash, it's cool! BUT, I deploy the MCV and I can't build. I see the icon but it's dark, like Mammoth MkII's when you already built one and the build limit is one. OK, let's set the unit count to full. If I'm lucky, I get 2 MCVs (only happened once - but that time I got 3), so I can build my structures and units.
The question is:
How can I fix this?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owner=Civilian,YourNewSide

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea weird but you cant have Owner=YourSide....

Also i actually create a dummy side for it to work... but that was what MHR(long time legendary modder of IceStorm) told me...

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icestorm's launcher never worked for me Crying or Very sad

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Owner=Civilian,YourNewSide

Owner=MyNewSide,Special
I have this, but I'll try your solution, hope it works.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh that... i'm not in charge of #Tongue during those days i was only the Ideas/INI Guy Smile

I have no idea who create the launcer..

just so we stay in Topic...Eqx, just post in here if you're having more problems, i'm sure Banshee will gladly help

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it, didn't work. Same thing: can't build the power plant. I've tried every solution I found on the web, but nothing helped.
I attach my rules.ini and also the art.ini needed too. If anybody has time to check it or something I would really aprecheate (maybe wrong spelling, sorry I'm hungarian) it.

rules.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rules.ini
 Filesize:  239.55 KB
 Downloaded:  135 Time(s)

art.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  art.ini
 Filesize:  84.84 KB
 Downloaded:  148 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your new side must have a new MCV with a new Construction Yard.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My new side HAS it's own construction yard and MCV.
ELFMCV=New MCV
ELFCNST=New Construction Yard

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Change the prerequisite on the Power Plant to ELFCNST instead of GACNST, now you should be able to build everything. For now at least you have to put up with multiple MCVs as there is a solution but its staying between a select few (which doesn't include me unfortunately)

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it's working now. My only problem that I need to deploy a standard MCV and my new MCV. So I need both construction yards to be able to build my stuff.
Anybody knows a method so I need only one MCV?
I changed few things, it worked with one MCV but in that case the enemy wasn't deploying it's MCV so no reason to play in that way.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe try owner=nod,elf to your elf powerplant

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eqx wrote:
Well, it's working now. My only problem that I need to deploy a standard MCV and my new MCV. So I need both construction yards to be able to build my stuff.
Anybody knows a method so I need only one MCV?
I changed few things, it worked with one MCV but in that case the enemy wasn't deploying it's MCV so no reason to play in that way.

This method exists, but it's not revealed...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your problem is you're getting one of your MCV's and one of the other guy's... And sometimes just the other guy's, and sometimes just a bunch of yours.

What I reccomend doing is changing the codename of the MCV to something like [GAMCV]... The reason is, the game looks at the name MCV and says, "That unit needs to go to all sides at the beginning of the game, and only one of it" If you change the name of it, it'll only appear for the side that owns it. However, it will also result in some AI bugs that you'll have to fix, and I've never tested that. You'll have to make sure each of the AI sides (GDI and Nod) know which unit is the MCV to deploy. This shouldn't re-instate the bug we were trying to fix in the first place though... I think the MCV is defined in the .exe anyways.

Anyhow, have fun testing... Banshee apparently knows some great way to put new sides in the game without bugs, or at least with very few bugs... but he refuses to tell us until the release of his mod... ~_~

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FM you can delete your own posts (using the [x] button on the right)...

The best way is to make one mcv for EVERY side. then give it techlevel=1 and AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes, then disable this same tag for EVERY other unit. The Nod mcv however, should deploy in GACNST. that means gdi and nod still have the same construction yards. it's necessary, otherwise the ai doesn't deploy it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
FM you can delete your own posts (using the [x] button on the right)...

not on this forum, since it's the modding part forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon