Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Maze WiP
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Maze WiP
Subject description: Was bored... Thought it'd be unique..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello people, I'm presenting my new WiP map Very Happy

It's a Single Player map, so when you use it it'll have to be on Firestorm on the GDI campaign. Anywho, I'm making this map because I thought it'd be unique in the map archives... Though it's still a WiP, I believe it will be pretty good.

There is over one million credits worth of Tiberium on the map, how ever, none of them can be harvested. The point here is to get the Maze Runner (Engineer) all the way from one side of the map to the GDI Base on the other side and to the drop ship for evac. However, lose all of the Runners you have, and it's game over. So think of each runner as a life line. I also decided to make it more interesting by adding obstacles and using very narrow paths to reach the goal. You'll see what I mean soon #Tongue Anywho, I'm only revealing the stating area, which isn't really that detailed to be honest since I'm making this for fun with triggers and all.

I'll show more as I make more, but I'm not revealing any more for now. I must warn you all though, be careful once the map is released, timing is the key Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well that's an interesting idea, I hope you put "no" to "tiberium spreads" else it might defeat the purpose #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry, I've already thought of that and made the required changes while I'm still trialing and Erroring version 1.0 and making it, almost 50 percent complete.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

waypoints for the win

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An idea: put visceroids to chase the poor engineers.
If necessary, adjust speed Very Happy

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, that'd ruin it because running space is VERY limited... And Viscs would be a problem on the map itself with how I'm designing it. Especially the adult ones...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've always wanted to make a maze map just to see how smart the ai is with pathfinding.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some updates to the map... Don't ask about the square tiles, those are place holders showing the area is being worked on :p

Anywho, enjoy some of the general things you'll see...

How the start area looks right at the start, no exploring used. How ever, at the time of this quick snap, two of the three runners came out of the APC. As you can imagine, the APC runs off once it finishes unloading.

A general look for the "Safe Zones", where you get additional runners. This one in particular gives two more runners making the current max of five.

This image shows the general look of the maze. Some parts of the maze are just filled with paths, others some paths and mainly Tiberium.

These areas are the more challenging parts, really good timing is needed... The problem is, you gotta keep moving or else squish :p

And for the final pic of this update, this is the area you need to reach... Yes, it's a base :p How ever, you can't do anything with it Very Happy The goal of the map is to get at least one runner to the drop ship's area to win.

Anywho, this is my small preview for you guys, the map is being worked on still, adding triggers, teams, the layout as I go along making this design out of the top of my head as I go along. Once it's finished, this simple looking map should prove a challenge Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is actually quite a cool idea, kind of like mini-games. Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IT DON"T LOOK REALISTIC IT IS EVIL!! AND WHY DOES GDI HAVE A SUBTERRANEAN APC?? #Cussing out

#Tongue

The Team Black Index

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The idea of games like this is awesome. Release for Win Very Happy

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
WHY DOES GDI HAVE A SUBTERRANEAN APC??

Maybe one of their many engineers captured a nod war factory?

I like this map idea too. It looks like it will be fun to play.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THAT, or its an easy and quick way to bring the extra runners.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boogie wins :p An Engineer from my Secrets of War mod did indeed capture a Nod War Factory and donated a Sub APC :p And I thought it'd be annoying for an Orca Transport to come in dropping the units off <_< So that is my idea, and after all, mini-games don't have to make sense as long as their fun Very Happy If I make more maps after this in the same style, I can release a mini-mod called "Run and Run: Tiberian Maze" XD

Oh, and Aro is right... I can get the units in and out faster that way thanks to the Sub APCs... I'm not wanting to wait for an Orca to come in off the map just to drop off the units and fly off, so I can make the Sub APC close by and have it go under and up, unload, under and back to a hidden area and dissappear.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol nice.

I can imagine
playing "frogger" in TS. :p

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, this looks fun. Nice maze to keep me occupied for a while.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude, drop pods would look a lot better than a sub APC

The Team Black Index

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next:
-TS PacMan #Tongue
-TS Solitare #Tongue
-TS Mario Karts (actually, that'd be fun, I'm going to start right away.)

Ontopic: The idea is both original and looks like fun, I like the way in which arcade-like elements have been incorporated.
The Bases do look a little bit sparse though.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking quite fun indeed, perhaps this shall inspire some more minigame type missions. Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a unique idea. Interesting, I'm really looking forward for this.

Btw, you should edit the Engineer strength so that he can't walk over the Tiberium, other than maybe a couple of patches. The regular Engineer could easily skip some of those "traps" Confused

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've thought of this well in advance, you can see some intresting things once it's made. It should also prove a challenge, especially in the 4th section I finished last night before heading to bed :p

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw, you gave me an inspiration for a maze/puzzle map for RA2YR Razz

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Next:
-TS PacMan

I'm doing that one. Wink

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reminds me there was an old atari game. It was really strange I recall.

Your in a maze, and there is this Mummy like thing following you around, I remember it being able to shoot at you. and you can I guess, but i never could get the gun to work. which you had to get.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

change SAPC to a high speed ORCA trans or use drop pod logic.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why would he have dropships come in when the object is to reach a dropship to get out? The subapc is fine.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or just "trapped" fellow engies who turn to your side when you come near them.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
dude, drop pods would look a lot better than a sub APC

indeed. Drop pod logic would make this look quite good.

Oh and since your into this whole unique ideas for SP mapping I might as well give some ideas which I had told Team Black about a long while ago and for awhile we were thinking about carrying out a plan to make unique fun maps like this.

Anyways the whole idea spurred off of me one day due to a random thing at school. I'm not gonna explain that, but here were some of the ideas.

Idea 1:
-Trick Question/Objective Missions: In these missions you would be given either a single unit or squad in which you have to either use to answer the question or the objective given to you by the billboard in the starting area. The questions would have to make people think or pay attention to small details on the map such as what other buildings say.

Idea 2:
-Hopeful Crossing: Simple idea behind this type. You are presented with one unit (maybe two), and you have to get to the other side. There are multiple choices to choose from to get across. Pick the wrong option and you lose.
For example...say you have 1 Attack Cycle and you are given 4 bridges to choose from. You have to try and decide which of the bridges won't blow up while you're trying to cross.
This could also be made very interesting as you can make these maps different each time by using the event of Random Delay. By doing this you could essentially make it so that all the bridges can possibly explode while you're crossing but 1 or perhaps even two might not.

Idea 3:
Timing Strategy: Simple...you're given some situations and you have to cross them by timing them correctly. These maps can be made harder by creating multiple pathways to trick the player and also by using a time limit in which you have to complete the objective situations.

There were a few others...but I can't remember them nor can I remember the exact details on TeamBlack's ideas other than that, one had to do with something similar to Battle Ship IIRC. Laughing

anyways keep up the awesome work and make some more fun maps when you're done!

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol that one reminds me the second stage of supaplex!!!YAY

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah I made a multiplayer battleship map, that has been collecting dust for a while. I should upload it..

I also had ideas for multiplayer minesweeper, 4 corners, and a singleplayer Grand Theft Auto- type of mission. I also had plans for some co-op mission multiplayer maps.
There are a lot of possibilities with triggers, it can make for some pretty cool game modes.

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon