Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cloakwhenstopped=Dumb?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject:  Cloakwhenstopped=Dumb? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the purpose of the Cloakwhenstopped variable/ability? I never got it to work, and I would really like it to. See, I have a sniper unit, and I intended it to cloak only when stopped, like hiding, since a moving sniper in real life would be more visible, while a stationary one wouldnt, and I didnt want an outright cloaked sniper.

I've tried cloakwhenstopped=yes, ive also tried cloakable=yes, figuring maybe it was a condition/limit to be set on the cloak ability if a unit was cloakable. Neither worked. The former gave no cloak, the latter a constant cloak. So...wtf?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its cloakstop=yes but it doesn't work at all

Jim Bob
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what you could do to somewhat emulate it is have the sniper deploy into a cloaked "building" with the sniper images Smile

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh? i dont think you can deploy infantry units in TS AFAIK?? do you?

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Jim Bob
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure.

never tried it before.. give me a few minutes and i'll check Smile

EDIT: nope.. that dont work. you could make a tank that does it though (sniper tank sounds cool)

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both things don't work in TS. Cloakstop was from RA AFAIK, and the latter is only possible in RA2

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cloakstop was designed for the Chameleon spy
im not sure about it being in RA1, could have been used for the (un-used) Phase tank or something but i dunno

i posted a thread somewhere with a big description of some really cool tags in TS that actually dont work

search for cloakstop in this forum might find it

Daethar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well....that all just sucks. Westwood can go blow itself. Personally, I would've made sure any and all variables I included in such a game worked. Heck, it makes really good sense, too. Why didn't they make a partial cloak when moving (you know, like when you're allied, or viewing your own unit, only hazier and vaguer. Or make it so it looks like its partially cloaked, ala the decloak thing. Or go the way of TD/Doom and do that wierd little thingy with the partial pixels...anyway) and be fully cloaked when stationary. I mean, Predator logic is what seems the best: cloak is easier to see when hes moving, since device cant adapt that fast. Specially on a friggin tank.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and this last post meant what? lots of thingys in there. i understand the first two lines or so but the rest just got flushed down the toilet from not being able to understand it

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he means the cloaked unit would be visible by enemies if it's moving, but only faintly, like a Predator in the Predator movies. It would be totally invisible when not moving.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
he means the cloaked unit would be visible by enemies if it's moving, but only faintly, like a Predator in the Predator movies. It would be totally invisible when not moving.

yes this effect was used in tiberian dawn and i loved it ... because that give to the player some suspense because when you see the cloacked unit you become to do anything to stop it Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon