Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to fix Lan play and play mods via Lan (*)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject:  How to fix Lan play and play mods via Lan (*) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to fix Lan play and play mods via Lan [TS]

I thought id post this after someone had this problem,
Thanks to hyper for identifying the problem when i was editing my Best of Beta exe.

How to fix play Lan play

Simple visit this site and download the lan patch
http://www.understorm.net/cnc/lan/ts_ra2.php
You should now be able to play TS and some TS Mods over Lan but not all Mods will work.

How to play a Mod with a custom exe With the lan fix

You should find the mod dosnt work
There are 3 ways to fix this
1) remove the Lan patch (wsock32.dll) This will fix the problem but stop lan play from working.

2) Rename the mods exe from what it is (eg Dawn.exe or Best of Beta v1.2.exe) to gamemd.exe
This allows you to play lan via that mods exe however limits you to 1 mod with a custom exe

3) This is more for the modders/hackers that have made the mod with the custom exe
You can search the wsock32.dll using a hex editor and replace Gamemd with any 6 symbols and
if you call youre mods exe what you renamed the Gamemd.exe it should work.
(there are ways to extend it so you have space for more than 6 symbols but i currently do not know how to do that)

There is a complet turtorial on option 3 by Nyerguds here http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18939

Why
The wsock32.dll is set up only to work with a exe file called game (used by RA2 and TS) and one called gamemd (used by RA2:YR) if the exe being run has any other name the dll will not recognise it and the game send out an error.

Originally posted by Revolutionary (me) on Project Perfect Mod then updated and posted on cnc-comm

Key Words: #Tutorials #TiberianSun #Firestorm #HexEdit 

Last edited by Revolutionary on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thrashcore124
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds useful to people who have mods that constantly crash during Lan play

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you ^Rampastein i missed that tutorial. Mine can be used by people who dont want to hex edit it/just want to play lan on a mod that hasnt done that

Edit update first post

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon