Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Harvesting Infantry?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject:  Tiberium Harvesting Infantry? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to have tiberium harvesting infantry? if so i have an idea for TS:HS for the mission

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the Slave from the Yuri's Revenge slave miner is anything to go by then its possible, it depends whether it has any specific code that's unique to RA2 or not though, I'll look into it...

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks OOAK

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

artmd.ini wrote:

[SlaveSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Walk=8,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,15,0,E
Die1=86,15,0
Die2=101,15,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Shovel=116,6,6
FireUp=164,8,8
Carry=228,6,6
Cheer=276,8,0,E
Prone=0,1,1;can't crawl, but need listing for spy
Down=0,1,1
Crawl=8,6,6
Up=0,1,1
FireProne=164,8,8
Paradrop=0,1,1
Panic=8,6,6

They are the harvesting, and carrying ore back to refinery tags used by the slaves, so no its not possible TS as these tags dont exist, or at least it might work, but there is no way to define animations for it.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i'm not so as much worried about the animations for it

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK, it's impossible.

Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OT; what the hell does AFAIK mean? I see people saying it everywhere.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As Far As I know?? lol.. i guess... well anyway i think if you give the Harversting infantry the Harvester=yes tag, the infantry might end up coming out of the War Factory, that's my theory on it since the Harvester=yes is a Vehicle tag....

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If harvester=yes is a vehicle tag then it wont work on an infantry unit, only a vehicle unit, so unless you made the infantry a vehicle, buildable from the warfactory its unlikely it will work.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's possible to give vehicles an infantry image though... it looks really weird.

If you wan't to see something funny, try this: give the nod warfactory the following tag, FreeUnit=ENGINEER

The Engineer you're getting free with the WF will now be a vehicle! and instead of walking, it will spin around (he looks like a ballerina)

Also, the Vehicle Engineer is now actually buildable from the vehicle list! (the game itself seems to have created a vehicle)

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol.. yeah true so basically, tiberium harvesting infantry in TS is impossible unless i'm missing some codes or something

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it really is impossible unless you.. WAIT!!

I remember a mod that had a tiberium harvesting human! I'll search for it on my hard drive...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless you make a voxel of a human... and set it as the image of the harvester... just like a mech.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats what i was thinking of last night, i have another idea that has to do with the mech but its going to be a special thing that only a few will know of

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes banshee i understand what you mean, but i really do remember something of a human harvesting tiberium and bringing it to a refinery that looked like the old nod temple... i'll search for it.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*digs into DvD's computer with him to find it, cause he's eager to see how strange the coding would be*

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CanUnderstandMadeUpThings=true ?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*scratches his head with his tail, wondering if that would improve a lot of his stuff, then tacks it on to all of his units and viola mod is made in moments time without hastle or worry, and it works. wakes up from his daydreaming and finds that his tail is stuck in his head cause he fell asleep at the keys*

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL!

well i searched, and i didn't find it... i found this stupid harvester that indeed brought it's cargo to an old nod temple... but, it's image was SMECH

AAARRRGHHH!! sorry guys. i guess to only way is to make it a mech with some difficult art.ini coding

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiberium Harvesting Infantry? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Venom wrote:
Is it possible to have tiberium harvesting infantry? if so i have an idea for TS:HS for the mission

I wonder why these units are coming to mind. The Wolverien, Titen, Hunterseeker, Juggernaut, Limpit Drones, and the Reaper. I wonder who else can relise what I'm thinking. Wink

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah they all use shp.. with some good art.ini coding it should be possible to make it move just like a human (emulating the infantry sequence that normal infantry have)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i see where your going with it, just change like the wolverine image into the image of a human and make the size like normal infantry, now that would work, correct? or am i off?

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just make a clone of wolverine, give it image = civ2 or whatever, then see what happens... then, compare the art.ini settings of SMECH with those of infantry... also look inside the SHP's to see what frames you should use for what action. (for example set walkingframes=Cool

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhh, much simplier way. i for some odd reason go about things the hard way. that i shall try

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think if you just clone a Infrantry type like E1 then give it a docking stucture. so, all though i haven't done too much INI editing, I think you could do this

; Tiberium soldier
[ET1]
Name=Tiberian Infantry
Category=SUPPORT
Storage=7

Prerequisite=BARRACKS
CrushSound=SQUISH6
Strength=125
Fearless=yes
Dock=PROC
Harvester=yes
Pip=green
Armor=none
TechLevel=1
Sight=5
Speed=5
Owner=GDI,Nod
Cost=600
Points=5
VoiceSelect=15-I000,15-I004,15-I012,15-I048
VoiceMove=15-I018,15-I024,15-I044
VoiceAttack=15-I044,15-I050,15-I044,15-I046
VoiceFeedback=15-I058,15-I064
VoiceDie=DEDMAN1,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN4,DEDMAN5,DEDMAN6
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=10 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
EliteAbilities=SCATTER
ImmuneToVeins=yes

That might work, buy you probably already tried that, so good luck

OUT

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is that a copy of the little mech? i don't think it can be done with infantry as the movement zone can it? need the Image= line for starters. theres other things, that i recognize but its not coming to my mind. theres something about it that isn't right

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started with a clone of E1 (light infantry) and I simply added what I thought was necessary.

OH and I think I know exactly what isn't right!!! I came up with them.

so have fun and good luck

OUT

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This won't work, cause harvester= storage= dock= are al vehicle tags. the game won't even read them when they're using in an infantry entry. again, the only way is to make a vehicle that looks and moves like infantry.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Righto!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon