Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
engineer repairs vehicles - is it possible?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject:  engineer repairs vehicles - is it possible? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make an infantry that can repair vehicles? I tried to add the repairbolt as a primary weapon, and I got an engineer that heals infantry with the mobil repair vehicle effect. It would look nice if we had Terminators and not infantry. Is it possible to make it repair vehicles?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weapon:
Damage=50

For weapon warhead:
Verses=-50%,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call me idiot if you want, but I don't know what you mean. You say I should change these values in the repairbolt weapon or what?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the weapon you use to Engineer repair vehicles. In this weapon, you change the Damage= to 50. Then, in this weapon, look at the Warhead used by it. Now, find the code of it in your rules.ini. One of the lines is Verses= with five values separated by commas. Change the third one and the fourth one to -50%. Now it will repair your vehicles Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The NOD Mobil Repair Vehicle CAN repair any vehicle. I gave the MRV's weapon to the engineer and it only healed infantry. Should I make a new weapon with these parameters?

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to burst your buble but infantry can only heal infantry and vehicles can only heal vehicles unless you use a work around to make the game think that your unit is a vehicle buy setting the infantry as a FreeUnit= for something. That I have seen.

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the work around is posted by banshee and seaman if you rad carefully Smile

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, the MRV's weapon has a negative damage value and a positive verses value, the workaround is to swap it around so as Banshee says you put the line

Damage=50

into the weapon's section and a line like

Verses=0%,0%,-100%,-100%,0%

into the warhead section and the Engineer's weapon should now work correctly

You can also do this to get vehicles to heal infantry (I had to figure this out recently)

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, i didn't know this.. now i can give a repair weapon to the CTECH unit orso..

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, I had to use this workaround to get the RedGen Ambulance to work, makes you wonder why negative verses values will work when negative damage values won't..

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure its possible!

Look at Red Alert: Aftermath it has a mechanic and well Ts still has many RA codes in it. Now that I know about this, this will most likely become my next project. This will be interesting, I just hope you guys don't finish it before I finish my voxel, or Map, or SHP.

so, Good Luck and Have a good day

PEACE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Mike430
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tryed the engineer thing and it didn't work, have to check back on that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA1 Field Mechanic code:

Code:
; field mechanic
[MECH]
Prerequisite=fix
Primary=GoodWrench
Strength=60
Armor=none
TechLevel=7
Sight=3
Speed=4
Owner=allies
Cost=950
Points=15

Weapon: GoodWrench

Code:
; Mr. Goodwrench mechanic's healing weapon
[GoodWrench]
Damage=-100
ROF=80
Range=1.83
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=Mechanical
Report=FIXIT1

Warhead: Mechanical

Code:
; Mechanical warhead - doesn't affect infantry (only for mechanic, not weapons)
[Mechanical]
Spread=0
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
InfDeath=0

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Mike430
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and i use that for TS?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It won't work... it will heal infantry.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... That would take a great deal of work to do for it to work.

Good luck

Out

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

didn't a research figure it out?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon