Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Terrain Pieces...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject:  New Terrain Pieces... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I've now tried everything... My new road turns work in FinalSun but in TS they cause the game to have an internal error on the loading screen...

There's only 4 of them... they're named proadturn01.tem, proadturn02.tem, proadturn03.tem, and proadturn04.tem... they're all located in expand03.mix (which is where the guide told me to put them, but I also tried ecache04.mix and that didn't work either) and they're temperate ONLY.

This is the entry I put in temperat.ini:

Code:
; Paved road turns.
[TileSet0087]
SetName = Paved Road Turns
FileName = Proadturn
TilesInSet = 4
LowRadarColor = 92,92,92
HighRadarColor = 92,92,92
AllowBurrowing=false
RequiredForRMG = true

Also I put this line at the bottom of the [General] section in temperat.ini:

Code:
RoadTurns = 87

I haven't done anything else to any of the ini's... nothing to snow.ini or anything.... The road turns appear to work in FinalSun, I can see them and place them etc. but in TS it causes the game to fault on the loading screen... I never even get into the map. And, of course, it only does this on maps that contain road turns so I'm assuming they're the cause Rolling Eyes...

If anyone has any ideas why this isn't working, please help... I can send you the road turns if you wish... so you can see if the bug is actually in the .tem files... but I'm afraid they're exclusive to TSR so you won't be able to put them in your mod or up for download anywhere...

Thanks for your time.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they need to be added to temperat.ini. a faulthy temperat.ini will crash the game during loading, bad, corrupted or missing graphics will simply not show up. also i think you should extract isotemp.mix then add your 4 road to that mix. (you can leave the isotemp.mix in you ts folder)

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt they need to be placed in that mix since they're placed in expandXX.mix in the RA2 terrain expansion...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could be, but the main point of my message is that in requires to be listed in temperat.INI

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got it fixed, Blade helped me out. For future reference, new tmp/tem/sno files must have short filenames in order to work... I think it's less than 8 characters not including the extension, but I"m not sure...

Mike430
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't see how you're having problems, FinalSun always works fine for me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

......???

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon