Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Map in Progress
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jojo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject:  Map in Progress
Subject description: Tell Me What You Think!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map Name : Starvation (2) *10%
Multiplayer Map
Scenario :
A Dying Desert where the civilians have no food or water and must survive on the resources they have because NOD has cut their train supplies off , GDI built outposts to ensure the safety of their water and food supplies to deliver safely. GDI has found out that NOD has hacked their Arrays in the area , and must be Destroyed. Your Mission (For Fun) :

NOD : Destroy all Civilian Arrays and Eliminate the Enemy

GDI : Destroy the NOD city , Destroy all Civilian Arrays and Eliminate the Enemy

Post some Tips and Tricks for me . Thanks Very Happy

Edit 6/6/09 : Busy with School and life, Ill be back in the Summer which is the 17th. Almost Free Very Happy

Image4.jpg
 Description:
Too Bright ?
 Filesize:  155.03 KB
 Viewed:  5146 Time(s)

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg
 Description:
A Train Station , Low Lighting?
 Filesize:  64.09 KB

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg
 Description:
South of Starting Point , Too Much Tiberium??
 Filesize:  140.67 KB

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg
 Description:
A City Where they dont share =O
 Filesize:  60.07 KB

Image1.jpg

Group C : Who are you?

Last edited by jojo on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:23 am; edited 3 times in total

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, welcome to the forums, Joe!
Second, never use JGP for screenies, it blurs the image. Use PNG, has the same compression rate but doesn't lose quality.
And last, but not least, show more of that map of yours, or tell what will be the layout. Like, say "This map I had in mind, will be rocky/will have a lot of cliffs/will be majorly flat" etc, so we can have an idea.
Anyways, those screenshots look good, very detailed, although I don't understand how a cyborg commando is in a base with three mutants, but that is none of my concern. Keep working on it, it looks promising!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I'm a pedantic prat, let me just say that PNG does NOT achieve the same compression as JPG. JPG achieves greater reduction in filesize by throwing away some detail it thinks you won't notice much, while PNG preserves the quality of the image by compressing as much as it can without throwing away anything. You use them in different scenarios depending on quality or small filesize being more important.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, JPEG is good when at highest (no) compression, where as MS Paint hits a nifty 4 on the compression, so it sucks.

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whatever, I just find PNGs look better and have a good compressing rate. Finish the offtopic comment on the map.

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, although:

-Use dynamic lighting. I don't see a single (visible or not) lightpost in that FS ss, and monotone lighting in that ingame pic.

-Use other terrain more. In this the only variation I see is a tiny bit of sand; it would be more effective to have more variation mixed in.

jojo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the Tips ! Very Happy Great Community

jojo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Updated*

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is progressing nicely I say.

The lighting in particular: at first none, then updated to okay, and now with this update it is good lighting IMO ^^

Image4.jpg and Image3.jpg have good lighting IMO, not too dark/ too bright.

Image3.jpg is a bit weird with all the terrain outside of the station being plain, and a bit of a lack of detailing (trees and little random terrain eye candy).

Image2.jpg It is too much tiberium, yes. This much may make the mission too easy unless you have taken other measures to compensate (distance from base, starting credits, etc).

Image1.jpg looks like a ghost town because of the lack of civilians, and again lacks city details (lightposts with actual light and such). It is also a bit weird IMO how the city ends, and there is just the only the small screenshot.

All in all these are a great improvement from the last time still. I would say Image4.jpg has the best qualities out of all 4 there, so maybe try to apply some features more in other places #Tongue . You seem a promising mapper, so good luck with this map.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my biggest beef besides the lack of actual actual eye candy is the train track. Trains will crash through the gates and destroy them. the corners are too sharp, and a train would lose cars and runver itself.

sorry, I'm just a train fanatic (If you've ever seen my Singleplayer map "tactical training" #Tongue)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it just me, or does TS have better graphic's than RA2?

Map looks good, nice job!

metalslug3
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
my biggest beef besides the lack of actual actual eye candy is the train track. Trains will crash through the gates and destroy them. the corners are too sharp, and a train would lose cars and runver itself.

sorry, I'm just a train fanatic (If you've ever seen my Singleplayer map "tactical training" #Tongue)

same here. am a train fanatic also

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon