Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Mission Idea
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

How should the mission be exectued?
After GDI radar is destroyed you get a nod MCV, you have to drug mutants water.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Keep GDI factories intact, after GDI Radar is destroyed you have to capture GDI base and attack the mutants base (will not get nod mcv)
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Use engineer to covertly capture radar (or with a team destroy it) then attack GDI supply base, then drug mutants after getting nod mcv
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Use engineer or a team to covertly capture or destroy radar then capture gdi supply base, use gdi equipment to trick mutants
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject:  New Mission Idea
Subject description: Constructive Critisim is wanted.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you see I've been thinking of this mission for a while, mainly just an amazing beginning

**Takes a deep breath**

where there are couple of buggys that come attack a small 2 or so building town in a small canyon and then when they start attack 2 gdi soldiers come crawling out says something like "we gotta get back to base and warn them of Nod. Then they jump in a vehicle (presumably a truck or APC) and start to zoom off, as in this canyon there are train tracks leading from the buggies' entry point to the soldiers supply base. So the truck or apc in the get away (from nothing as the buggies are still attacking the town) run over the train track as the nod train comes screaming in and hits the apc and as always destroying it instantly, right before like 3 bikes come by to hit the supply base exit guarding the canyon, while the train rolls in and drops off like 3 tick tanks and quite a bit of assorted infantry to raid the base (player takes control at this point). After the initial battles between the Nod raiders and GDI defenders (like 5-10 seconds) a squad comes out of the barracks with like 4 infantry one of which runs to a radar on a cliff nearby (supposedly if he gets there starts like a 3-5 minute timer to destroy the radar which shouldn't be that hard, at the same time it starts like 3-5 sub apcs to bring in more troops and more importantly Engineers. After the destruction or capture of the conyard nod troops (mostly an armored vanguard) and an MCV come in as reinforcements near the base and then you are told of the real objective.

**long paragraph over**

And thats as far as I got in my imagination (wonderfully big isn't it).

so I wanted your thoughts and a little imput from some good mappers to help me pull this off.

Btw if anyone else wants to make this a reality it would sure be delightful as I am terrible at anything besides coding. PM if interested in using the idea.

Mission.png
 Description:
Brown lines are cliffs. Two brown lines crossing a brown lines is a ramp. Black lines are train tracks.
 Filesize:  48.36 KB
 Viewed:  7891 Time(s)

Mission.png

Last edited by Darkstorm on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The player would be Nod, right?
Does the CABAL have some special role in the mission? If not, then the base should be removed, it's not good to have everything in the same map.
One objective of the mission could be disabling the firestorm wall, by infiltrating the base with small inf. group or something kind of that.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I just put it in there to protect the rendevous point, plus mainly to keep ideas open, I may make it a mutant garrisoned town to clear out. It might also be a distraction for GDI (because sneaking up on a giant GDI base is all but simple) anyhow yeah the player's Nod and your main objective is to rally at a destroyed Nod base to get a train schedule to put a commando team on board for a strike against the firestorm generator.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you'd post the objectives you have thought for the mission, it would be easier to give advice. (I can also give ideas for objectives if you like/need)

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well how bout this:

First Objective: Finish off supply base defenders and make sure the GDI base is not alerted.

Second Objective: Reactivate Old Temple of Nod with an Engineer and download train schedule.

Third Objective: Capture the Train Station

Fourth Objective: Destroy the Firestorm Generator with infitration team

Fifth Objective: Destroy the rest of GDI's forces

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want this mission to be interesting, no necessarily challenging, I perfer a high 'wow' factor but I will try and make it a little challenging.Anyhow, I think I'm going to change the Cabal Base to a mutant base and make a possible chance to turn them on GDI. Any Ideas on why or how?

EDIT: Found a name for it, Operation:Railgun.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
[A] mutant base .... possible chance to turn them on GDI. Any Ideas on why or how?

Hmmm... Drugs? Like the guys in the FS mission with the Genesis Pit?
Or maybe you can trick them into thinking that they're being attacked by GDI? Like the scenario "Wolf in Sheep's Colthing", I think it was called.

And why is the mission called Operation: Railgun? Are you trying to hijack the Mammoth MK2?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drugs is viable but I was more thinking trick, like that mission.

Operation:Railgun for more a play on words, your main objective is to catch a train ride to the GDI Firestorm Generator with a commando team. so Rail (train obviously) gun (more or less means offensive or attack). If you have another name it would be nice, this one was off the top of my head.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Operation: Diplomacy"?
A very diplomatic mission.

-"Blackout"?
-"End of the Line"?
-"Mission Impassable"?
-"Uninvited Guests"?
-"Explosion Express"?

I'm just thinking of names off the top o my head, but maybe you can use one of them Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not a very diplomatic mission, the thing with the mutants is a side thing, not the main theme.

Blackout would be good if we were cutting the power.

End of the Line is ok, but is not really going to fit, like Operation: End of the Line, just too long.

Mission Impassable sounds weird, and has a similar thing with End of the line.

Uninvited Guests doesn't seem to fit it.

Explosion Express would be nice if the train was going to explode like a demo truck.

The operation name, to me, needs to embody or have some relation to the mission in one or two words, like for instance Operation: Bodyguard (the deception plan to protect the Normandy Landings) or Operation: Fortitude (part of Operation: Bodyguard that involved making a fake army to look like its preparing to invade another spot, Fortitude is a mental or emotional strength). While not to say a pun name is not ok like Explosion Express in a demotrain mission, this mission I want a semi serious short name.

Don't think that any of the ideas you said are bad, they just don't fit with the mission.

Maybe Operation: Deceit ;If I make it where you trick the mutants.

I may use End of the Line if I decide to not have an operation name.

Maybe "Putting out the Eagle's fire."

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does the layout/general idea look damn much like my GCC entry?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? I just designed it off the top of my head, the only really part I planned out was the bottom third, I can change the layout if it offends you.

EDIT: Hmm now that I looked at it, the civ outpost and path leading to GDI base bears some resemblance, but I will not change that part, too me they still seem different enough. (Mine has Train tracks and its in a canyon)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'm to suspicious... Carry on #Tongue

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol maybe you should be sometimes I pick up ideas that I think are mine but are usually things I've seen in other places. This is just how my brain works.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most people subconsciously take ideas from others.

You know that the name "Hogwarts" (from Harry Potter) appears in the film Labyrinth, despite being entirely unrelated and published decades apart?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, thats how I figured it. Anyhow we should really get back on topic. I'm not on Summerbreak to talk about Psychology.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Start mapping! #Tongue

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Intend to, any recommended map size? This is really my first legit map.

EDIT: Got the name, Operation: Emissary, you have to introduce a neurologic drug into the mutants water supply (initially enraging them against you) to make them paranoid of GDI's precense then you need to capture the train station from the Mutant defenders (not with the drug) then you get on the train and destroy the firestorm generator with the team, and then proceed to destroy GDI.

EDIT2: Updated mission plan, i'll start mapping once I get the map size sorted out.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put new pic at the top, added poll. Another question I wanted to ask is should I put in a small mod to make it waveclass friendly (eg lasers are red railguns like in TS dusk and mammoth tank instead of disruptor)? and I still would like advice on a map size to use, I just don't know what size it should be, I don't want to map half of it and realize there isn't enough room for the top half or right half.

Map Idea is still subject to change. Depends on poll.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

200x200 cells for the map
and i like mammoth tanks so yea Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you go for a large map you can resize the visible area. Just go for obviously bigger than you need Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, Mammoth Tanks is a go (using Stygs cuz its up for easy dl and my cameo that i made) i have coded in new red railgun lasers, getting permission to use them though just in case, ill set up the map in a bit then start mapping, ill post any updates here.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally started the map, heres the starting area with the civilian outpost. Oh btw when voting realize that if its tricking the mutants with GDI equipment there will be no nod tech avaliable besides reinforcements at the beginning. I also dislike that theme, its good if that was the entire mission like the vinilla nod mission to destroy the mutant hq.

Civie outpost.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  595.14 KB
 Viewed:  7665 Time(s)

Civie outpost.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you used AutoCliffs... One advice: don't. Make them manual. It takes a while, but it looks way better Wink

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... no i didn't there is just a poor selection of cliff pieces only 4 per direction and 1 is smaller than the rest so its more like 3. Any advice on going about cliff setting?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at WW maps is my tip Wink

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, its very time consuming to make random cliffs, as in like how westwood has random dents in a cliffface, I create the land raise first therefore its hard to randomize it up. Any tricks to make lower grounds a little less time consuming so I have more time to focus on cliffs? If not I'll try to do my best but there is no gurrantee of prefection this is my first legitimate map after all.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for double post but I really don't think I'm the one to create this map, while a nice idea, I am more of that, just ideas, I was going to ask if anyone is interested in mapping it, if not I'll give it my best attempt but I have way too many ideas going through my head and I'm not that productive usually. PM or post if you would like to hear more about the missions plot cause there was more details than I could express without ruining the map entirely. I think I should stick with coding, I just am more productive that way. I only wish that I could make some of my ideas a reality, too bad that I'd probably not be wanted on any projects for just ideas and a little coding.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its "Criticism" not "Critisim"

thats my Construction (Yard)*

*(Added yard to give my post more of a CNC theme)

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, i think its a start, because a lot of people rush into FS and suddenly poop out these maps.

It may be natural for them because they're really visceroids in disguise... ok.so I am one of them..

but a good thing is that you're pre-planning. perhaps not enough, since you have all these ideas yet feel overwhelmed. I been their too. >_>

I think as a suggestion you should storyboard your mission idea more. especially since it involves a lot of scripting, in terms that you are telling story with it and a lot of timed action going on its just not simply build "bAyse herez andz g0es kell themz allways 2 winz teh gaem!!1"

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'm making it too complicated for myself, this is a good idea but just too complex for a first map don't you think, maybe I should save the idea but work on a different map, what do you think? The mission had the story, very detailed, more of campaign's story so I really didn't want to post it. It involves the time after firestorm. Here's the "gist", I guess, of it.

Slavik has dissappeared and Nod is torn in splinter factions. GDI has taken advantage of this and has moved operations into Sarajevo (or Cairo, really don't know yet). Sarajevo has a firestorm defensive system that is triangulated from 3 key bases, 2 Nod splinter groups have also shown interest in capturing it back. So we are making a 3 prong attack, 2 of which will be distractions. These will be undertaken by the splinter groups, you job is the real attack, the reason for attack this base is it has a very facinating weakness. Mutants guard a train station leading into the zone, it brings supplys into the base. You will assault a GDI supply base nearby to secure a insersion point, make sure the GDI base is not alerted. Then we will have a truck carrying a neurologic drug enter the region, use it to drug the mutant's water supply. They will be enraged for a little bit while the drug takes affect so you must strengthen your defense, when it takes full affect their anger will be directed towards GDI. In the crossfire you will capture the train station, infiltrate the behind firestorm wall and destroy the firestorm generator. Then finish off the GDI forces, the mutants are expendable.

Anyhow thats basically it. There is a "twist" at the end though, your mission isn't over.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the layout looks somewhat way too simple. You should put time into creating a layout that's more complex and makes for a navigation challenge aswell. Also, your cliffs have some errors and are a bit too straight.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cliffs had no errrors that I could see and one reason the layout is pretty simple is because its my first map and when I said complex I didn't mean really design wise, more like its too big for a beginning map, to complex a mission, take the first GDI mission compared to the last GDI Mission something like that complex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon