Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Music
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject:  Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can I add new music to the game? Can it be done without overwriting the original music?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a tutorial, at XCC. personally I'd overwrite the music.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would reccomend you use industrial-style music.
Links 234 by Rammstein works brilliantly for my mod.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rammstein? It's german techno-metal, isn't it? I think music that has vocals in it doesn't fit TS universe. But that's just my opinion.

Python
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well for one you'll need to make them .aud format. Then you can insert them into scores.mix.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No no no!.. don't put them to scores.mix. It would be much better to create a new mix file with Mix editor called expand02.mix.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my plan is to get this to work, and then I just add my playlist #Tongue. I think seamans got a point make a new mix so u don't need to reinstall when u want to remove the changes.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, I've done this a million times, it's simple. You download the XCC AUD Writer plugin for WinAmp, then run your music files through that and then you open up the XCC Mixer and click on the theme writer. It's that simple...

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Aud writer doesn't work with the newest WinAMP3, but it doesn't matter I got things working without it.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anyway to make the aud files smaller, whenever I use the converter on mp3's I get insane 60 megabyte songs.

All hail me

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use wav2aud 1.2 and edit the theme.ini manualy. A 8:05 track is about 5MB.

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok guys, another problem occured: I've added 3 new musics, but the game shows only two of them. Is there a music number limit or something?

Python
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are they all formatted the same?

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dEw_MaN wrote:
Are they all formatted the same?

Yes, I used the same method with all the three files, but only two of them are working. To be exact I've added one music (it was working) and after a few days I've added two, but only one is working. So I have three music installed and only two works.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

be sure of 2 things:

1, they're all legitimate .aud files...

2, you've run the XCC theme writer since you put them in the directory...

If you've done both of those things, tell me, the 2 that were working, what format were they before you converted them, and what format was the other one that doesn't work?

I had a problem when I did this of MP3's not wanting to convert, and I had to convert them to WAV's before converting them to .AUD's...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe thats what went wrong for me, I only doin MP3's cause I don't have anythin good in wav format, and thats aslo my prob convertin MP3's to wav makes big files.

All hail me

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works now. I renamed the file and it's ok. At first the file was called music.aud so I think TS didn't like the file name.

Hellfire: convert the mp3 to 22050Hz 16bit mono Windows PCM wav file than use the wav2aud stuff to convert it to aud and you're done.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks b ut what do I use to covert to that type of file, can I use winamp.

All hail me

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audio converter.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  audio converter.zip
 Filesize:  20.87 KB
 Downloaded:  156 Time(s)

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks great help hope it works out for me.

EDIT: I was wonderin if you could tell me how to use this I've been readin the readme for wav2aud, but I can't find anything telling me how it works.

All hail me

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use it in dos promt or dos mode (or how do they call that):
wav2aud xxxx.wav xxxx.aud
or drag&drop the wav file in Windows on wav2aud.exe

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

makes sense that was the only thing I didn't try.

All hail me

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What also can be done is a more direct approach download winamp 2.91 and the xcc aud writer plugin from xcc, install it then select the plug-in in winamp, then run your music list, wich also means you can do 30 songs while you are away, wich the other method doesn't provide

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Olaf says his Aud Writer works with MP3's as well, but it didn't for me when I tried.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It worked for me but made 60 meg files.

All hail me

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol mine gave only 4-5mega

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon