Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
My frist map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject:  My frist map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the map is off in a few places scale wise.
i did a few triggers but they didn't really work
the intro is supoose to be semi-epic...kinda
its crashes when i moved near the tiberium fields
its not finished either
was gonna put screen shots but saw how weird the lighting was

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what the.....

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
what the.....

You're not the only one, blubb. I wanna say "What on Earth this is"...but meh.

So...dude. Is this your theory of planning a map and it's stuff?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: My frist map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pezundowadge wrote:
its crashes when i moved near the tiberium fields

Most likely Tiberium on a slope. Fix that and the crash goes away Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, it's actually useful to draw paint concepts to plan out the map.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Heh, it's actually useful to draw paint concepts to plan out the map.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamnit ppl, be less lazy and post a little more then just a quote Rolling Eyes

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Pezundowadge: mind explaining a bit more? Are there objectives? On which side does one play? Oh, and, since GDI is yellow and Nod is red: why is there a red spot in the middle of the GDI base?

Greetings!

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it's a Nod Rescue mission..

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well first off...I suddenly have the urge to beat somebody up with an over-sized gummy bear.

secondly...concepts are nice but if I were to base what I see off the concept it would look like a pretty basic mission map with few cliffs and a ton of tiberium in kinda randomish areas.

thirdly, your most plausible error is what Dutchy said. Tiberium on slopes, unless placed from the bottom menu and not the auto tiberium spreader thing, will cause your game to crash if you go over that spot in-game on the map.

and finally, as soon as possible provide screen shots, preferably in-game ones, so that we can properly give you good comments. Also I suggest with mission maps to not reveal some of the critical parts in the screen shots.

anyways have fun with the mapping and show us some progress/real screens soon!

Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry i didn't describe the map
basically your 2nd in command of nod reseach base
when its attack by small GDI force your arrogant commander
sends all the bases troop after them to destroy them completely
but its a trick and the real attack starts and GDI gets away with a
Train with some new Stealth Tech.

the misson starts with you getting orders to use your now expendable
Commander to stop the GDI advance as you retreat across the to repair the base and capture the train and get it back intact to the nod base to be tranported to a safer location.....so
Objectives
1.)retreat, secure and repair your base
2.) Clear a path for the train
3.) if the train is damaged or GDI repairs the Track game over Sad

and the nod in the GDI base are prisoner that im trying to get tranported and excuted about every 5 minutes

oh do i need a missile silo for a mutl-missile trigger to work? cause i can't get it to work

oh yea thnaks for the help with the error...now i have more work Laughing

Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i fixed the lighting and the tiberium error...also added alot more stuff i just need to work on triggers.

i had some screen shots, but i wanted to look at them before i posted them, but i couldnt so i tried to open with stuff and now thier stuck on paint Crying or Very sad can anyone help with that?

but ummm....I just need to kill 6 or 8 birds with one ion cannon stirke....

1.)i cant get component towers to work
2.)how do i stop my buildings from auto-repairing? (AI repairs are 0)
3.)GDI keeps attack Neutral even thou thier allies?
4.)how do i get Visceriods from going all over the map
5.)i can't recuit unit wether its 0 or 1?
6.)also FS unit wont show up i dunno why
7.)anyone have a link for FS rules.ini + TS rules.ini
8.)also rules for toxin soldiers, riot police(?), and other units like that from the campagin?

you can flame if you want Rolling Eyes

I love being a noob Very Happy

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) Make sure they have enough power, Upgradec is set to 1.
2) Set the player house to have an IQ of 0.
3) Make sure the Neutral house is allied to GDI and vice versa.
4) Put up walls or boundaries. Or set a trigger to make it follow certain paths.

6) Do you have a legal copy of TS & Firestorm? Is it installed? Reinstall it and Final Sun. Make sure to back up your mission first.
7) Here
8) See above.

Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks you've been a great help!

6) yea i do, and TFD
8.) still cant find their rules Sad

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) What do you mean excactly with that?
2) Set player houses IQ to 0 (edit -> houses).
3) Kinda aswered already.
4) Same as above.
5) You mean by create team trigger? Air units (at least transports) can't be recruited in team unless they come in as reinforce, so preplaced won't work (yeah, weird isn't it).
If it's about ground units, make sure that teams and the units you are recruiting belong to the same house.
6) Don't do as Rusty said, just go in your map to edit -> basic and make sure it has addon needed=1
7) See post above.
8)You could check from the missions where they were, go to edit -> INI editing and they can be seen there

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok all my answers have been...anwered except

1.) i cant get the upgrades work (vulcan,sam,rpg) i tried double click and adding it there also just putting the upgrade on on the map over a component tower and a bunch of combos. also with GDI power plants

3.) how should allies be put GDI,Neutral,special or GDI Neutral Special?

also about the screenshots and mult-missle trigger

Thanks you guys have been great help

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as for your 1 and 3

1)Not only do you have to specify which upgrade you want in the box that shows up after double clicking it but you also have to specify how many upgrades for that building. In the case of component towers it's only 1 but for GDI power plants it's 2 (3 also works but there's only 2 upgrade spots sooo yea)

3) You should have the , between all sides. So it should be GDI, Neutral, Special. But not only should that be in GDI's houses allies box but it needs to be in the Neutral and Special houses' allies box too. And if that still fails you can always make a trigger which allies all of those houses as soon as the mission begins. I have had a problem before on a mission map in which they wouldn't ally from the Houses box where you insert each ally so I had to go through the trigger way of doing it.

For screen shots. There should be some kind of ingame control to take screenshots ingame I believe it is ctrl and C but I honestly can't remember. The only problem with that is it saves them as .PCX files. However that isn't too big of a problem if you go and google and get Ifran View which can read .PCX and then save them into .PNG or .JPG
Another method would be to hit the Print Scr button on your keyboard and then paste it into MS Paint. The problem with this method is it's much slower because you have to take one picture then minus the game down into the taskbar and open up paint, paste and save the picture and then go back to the game and do it all again. But it does work I just find it takes more time.

As for the multi-missle trigger. I don't believe you need the missle silo for it to work. I believe it's just a matter of setting the parameters right but it's been forever since I messed with that trigger and can't remember for sure. I MIGHT look into it...no promises cause I'm very busy and have only been opening FinalSun up once-twice a week at best and haven't been in-game in months.

Pezundowadge
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright that really helped me now i just to fix a few things and get some new screen shots(i'll get'em tomorrow) and a few triggers and im done a believe

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon