Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
tiberium crystals problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kill0025
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:  tiberium crystals problem
Subject description: crystals BIGBLUE3 color change
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was making a map using finalsun and i placed some tiberian crystals i went to play and they didnt show ? do i need to change it to make it work or something

is it my final sun itself? the crystals go under as [BIGBLUE3]

and second question how would i change the color of the crystal

would it be

[BIGBLUE3]
Color=red

or does it have somehing to do with these
0=Riparius
1=Cruentus
2=Vinifera
3=Aboreus

i know one of them is a crystal i use to do this 2 years ago but forget everything and what little i know confuses me

thanks in advance peace

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are two big crystals

one the unussed big crystals an BIGBLUE3

BIGBLUE3 is Big and Blue, you cant change that via ini editing only by editing the .shp

it is i think Cruentus you want to edit however it isnt on very many maps, to put it on a map you need to go to "All overlay" and place "BTIB01" where ever you want a crystals

Code:
; This is the big tiberium crystal.  It does not grow or spread, is impassable and is explosive
; Not currently in use in TS (AI)
[Cruentus]
Color=NeonBlue

so for red you would need

Code:
[Cruentus]
Color=LightRed/Red/DarkRed/Burgandy
pick the red color you like best ot of the 4

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: BigBlue is Firestorm, since the ppl play just TS online, you won't be able to use it!

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

kill0025
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, worked perfect i finished my map

its insane awesome ill submit it as soon as i get the time

is it possible to make my map unreable in finalsun so jerks dont try to rename it as there own cause i got my name spelledout in diamonds
dragons lair turbo is unreadable to the final sun and a few other maps too i was wondering if you knew anything about that

to give you another example as soon as you try to load it, it just exits out of finalsun without even any error messages just a quick cut off Shocked

thanks again, peace Smile Cool

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could rename Dragon Lair quite easy. Those, I dont know any method to make it immune against renaming.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way. Then again i've never really looked into it. But I don't think anyone really has though at that point.

well...you COULD put it into a Mix file that works with TS/FS and then lock the Mix. But that's kinda excessive

Besides out of all the maps i've made (which is a lot) I've never heard of anyone renaming it as their own. But again i'm not worried about that, and thus i don't go around checking every site that has TS/FS maps for download to see if I recognize one of mine that is named else wise, nor do I play online a lot but most maps i make wouldn't be used online normally unless it's a planned match from people here or at tibweb.

though...here is an idea. Modify billboard names and make sure you have those Billboards places on your map so once hovered over you see their names.

[BBOARD01]
Name=Kill0025 made this map

[BBOARD02]
Name=This Map's Original name is *insert the name you have for it*

someone who is just taking the map to rename it wouldn't know that's in there unless they are playing and notice 'hey that Billboard says something else...how'd that happen?' or unless they are a decent mapper already and know you can change stuff like that and bothers to check it. But again...it's an old game and not like these modding/game assets will net you anyone money or anything.

kill0025
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing thanks just always think worst case senario

but gusss what i fiqured it out and its easy

so heres what idid this is kinda funny

i put on the top of my map ;this map does not work 4 finalsun go to www.cncdelta.net and download SunTiles TS Map Maker

suntiles XD just made that up
then you go down to

[Digest]
1=Z4DIYUggRc+6S3vfs5j/3xvALFE=

(then copy it over and over again till it looks something like this
[Digest]
1=Z4DIYUggRc+6S3vfs5j/3xvALFE=
;2=IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5 IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5 IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5IHtuUKA2DmmYXOWzHiGD5

till it fills alot of space up

i put ; so it wouldnt be read in tiberian sun but to final sun everytime you open the map to edit it, it self organizes the data which is why i have to keep opening my maps in wordpad because it deletes the spaces

so basicly it overloads it to the point of rejection and works fine in TS and you would have to have an egal eye to notice it XD #evil so bad ass

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like, opening it in wordpad?
I mean, its even simplier to open it in wordpad to rename, but opening it with Final Sun.

Aynway, I never saw a renamed map myself. Edited, yes, since I did it myself sometimes, but not just the 'by xxx' changed...

kill0025
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon