Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Lemmings
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject:  Lemmings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lemmings is one of the first games I ever played, back when the Amiga was cool and in date and I was no more than 1 and half feet tall. I was doing my usual Facebook nonsense and came across a page that was dedicated to the old Amiga classics such as Lemmings, Troddlers, Projectyle, Wiz-Kid etc. so I thought I'd go around the net and have a look to see if any of these games were now Freeware (Amiga Emulators and I don't seem to get along). I came across a Free version of Lemmings called "WinLems" (Download here) which came with a Lemmings Level creator. I'd never heard of or seen a program which allows you to create your own Custom Lemmings levels before so for the past couple of hours I've been creating my own and laugh at my brothers failing to complete them.

For those of you that have the Windows 95 Version of lemmings installed on your computers, there is a free downloadable program called "Lemmini" which enhances the playability and experience of the Normal Lemmings games (Including "Oh No, More Lemmings!"), this also has a custom level creator called "Lemmix".

Does anybody else here play, mod or create custom Lemmings levels? If so, share your levels and or mods, I'd be interested to try them out. Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehehehe.. I still play Lemmings Very Happy
Hadn't ever heard of WinLems, though. Looks like something to try out.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's one I made earlier out of pure boredom, not the toughest level but it's good enough. #Tongue

CliffLevelThing.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.14 KB
 Viewed:  11322 Time(s)

CliffLevelThing.PNG

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded WinLems, out of interest, which game is that screenshot? I'd rather fancy having an nice GUI and timer.
Edit: Ah, right. Lemmini. I guess I'll download that too.

Level editors are awesome.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've played Lemming-like games before, but not the Lemmings game itself or its ported versions.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always wanted to see a lemmings vs worms game

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That reminds me, you still want to do that Worms-to-C&C-mod someday, Aro? #Tongue

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i played lemmings on my ppc-phone #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
That reminds me, you still want to do that Worms-to-C&C-mod someday, Aro? #Tongue

One day. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info, this looks cool. I wonder if this should be stickied so it doesn't get bured

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah lemmings a fantastic game until I found Command and Conquer thank you for reminding me ill go check it out again.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still looking for some good downloadable level packs which are compatible with Lemmini, not having much luck.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, I've been looking too. Unfortunately, I'll have to work out how to install Lemmini before it really becomes relevant.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lemmings are good, Worms are better.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wess wrote:
Lemmings are good, Worms are better.

Exactly Laughing

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno.. I have more nostalgia attached to Lemmings.

Still, Worms is good too.
Lego is best. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This topic is about Lemmings, not Worms. Thankyouverymuch.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that does not change the fact Worms are the BEST!

Lemmings remind me of the little creatures i used to see in a TV show called Fraggle Rock as a kid.
but i can't say i liked that show.

Last edited by Wess on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wess, if you have fuck all good or constructive to say regarding this topic, don't post, yeah?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
This topic is about Lemmings, not Worms. Thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, regarding Lemmings; is this only moddable by making new maps? Or perhaps can you create new sprites and modify other things?

Just wondering. I've never personally played the game.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can create new tilesets, afaik. Aro mentioned that the palettes are very limited, however.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've created a couple of Tile-sets for Lemmings. Anything can be replaced from Music to Sprites.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Wess, if you have fuck all good or constructive to say regarding this topic, don't post, yeah?

you take your Lemmings very serious don't you Laughing
then i'll leave you to it Wink

WORMS RULE Razz

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really, but is it too much to ask for to keep ONE thread on-topic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum